Chicago rumored as idea city of NFL expansion

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
They can hardly do ONE team right, what makes the NFL think they can handle two? JFC.
The Bears would not be handling two teams. It would be another franchise completely, just as it would be another city (one in Chicago and one in Arlington Heights).

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Sorry, I didn’t read the article. You may have addressed this. How many teams would the NFL have to bring in at a minimum? 8 if they just wanted to add 2 new divisions or more than likely just a new team per division? Otherwise say goodbye to the existing divisions.

I’m not sure they’re capable of making that leap without grossly tainting the talent pool and quality of the existing product (for a few years minimum). That’s a big financial gamble in my opinion.
The new Chicago team might not be a new franchise. I could see Jaguars wanting a move. I believe the Cardinals have the smallest fan base in the NFL. Moving back to Chicago would be a goood story.

SugabearMVP

Liked Posts:

what do you think of the Bears getting a new little brother on the Arlington Heights campus?
Other states need teams. I dont see why other than cash flow potential that they want to stick to big cities that already have teams. Get a team in Oregon, Utah, Idaho, Nebraska... hell anywhere. It would be awesome to see more states get some love. Here in Cali there were 4 teams until the Raiders finally took off.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears would not be handling two teams. It would be another franchise completely, just as it would be another city (one in Chicago and one in Arlington Heights).
Well, then I assume new ownership would probably come in and do a good job. Maybe it would wake the McCaskeys up.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Other states need teams. I dont see why other than cash flow potential that they want to stick to big cities that already have teams. Get a team in Oregon, Utah, Idaho, Nebraska... hell anywhere. It would be awesome to see more states get some love. Here in Cali there were 4 teams until the Raiders finally took off.

all in for the Anchorage Argonauts

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Well, then I assume new ownership would probably come in and do a good job. Maybe it would wake the McCaskeys up.
Assuming that the ownership of a new team is probably going to "come in and do a good job" is probably going to make an ass out of you and Ming, and Ming does not deserve that.

What gives you the belief that the owner of a new team has some special ability of immediately doing a good job?

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Assuming that the ownership of a new team is probably going to "come in and do a good job" is probably going to make an ass out of you and Ming, and Ming does not deserve that.

What gives you the belief that the owner of a new team has some special ability of immediately doing a good job?
IDK, study what the Bears have done and do the opposite? I think the McCaskeys tend to rule the ship in horrible ways. They need to get out of the way and hire actual football people, IMO. Fingers crossed for the new regime we have right now.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
IDK, study what the Bears have done and do the opposite? I think the McCaskeys tend to rule the ship in horrible ways. They need to get out of the way and hire actual football people, IMO. Fingers crossed for the new regime we have right now.
Assuming on wishful thinking?

Ming is going to be pissed with you!

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I know it's beyond you to perceive things outside of an insular vacuum BUT competition does breed success, so if you're suggesting that a new competitive NFL dynamic in Chicagoland would leave the Bears' doldrums intact, I believe that you'd be 100% wrong, as usual.
The Bears are defined by their arrogance. They still believes its the eighties and they are this indespinsable part of Chicago culture. Not that they are entirely wrong about that, but if they pack up and relocate to the hinterlands conditions will be ripe within the city and near-suburbs for an expansion team to come in and basically replace them.

FedEx Field is only twelve miles further from downtown Baltimore than the site of Arlington Racetrack is from downtown Chicago. And how many Redskins/Commanders fans are left in Baltimore these days? Do you even get the feeling that town has so much as even a split loyalty? No way, the Ravens came in there and obliterated the Redskins, which is a franchise eerily similar to the Bears in many ways.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Why compete with the NCAA for the "prize" of Nebraska when the second largest pro football market in the world is being vacated?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The Bears are defined by their arrogance. They still believes its the eighties and they are this indespinsable part of Chicago culture. Not that they are entirely wrong about that, but if they pack up and relocate to the hinterlands conditions will be ripe within the city and near-suburbs for an expansion team to come in and basically replace them.

FedEx Field is only twelve miles further from downtown Baltimore than the site of Arlington Racetrack is from downtown Chicago. And how many Redskins/Commanders fans are left in Baltimore these days? Do you even get the feeling that town has so much as even a split loyalty? No way, the Ravens came in there and obliterated the Redskins, which is a franchise eerily similar to the Bears in many ways.
k

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:

Have you been on a meth bender? You seem as stupid as ever