Chili Recipes

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
a chilli without beans is just a topping imho I don't call it chilli unless it stands as a meal in itself and without the beans its no stand alone meal. just my 2 cents

Interesting, never heard someone from that perspective, I usually just get the "This isn't Chili, it has beans in it" argument.

And I agree with you, I like it with beans.... nice hearty bowl that fills you up.... I am warming up a bowl this evening when I get home :D

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
a chilli without beans is just a topping imho I don't call it chilli unless it stands as a meal in itself and without the beans its no stand alone meal. just my 2 cents

Yup. Chili with out beans goes on a hotdog.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Wait a moment. Since when is an all meat dish not a meal?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Wait a moment. Since when is an all meat dish not a meal?

Good point.... I will eat either type of Chili as a meal, IDGAF :D

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Three Large Onions minced
3 Large Poblanos minced
a bulb of garlic minced

Sautee the above in olive oil until it is translucent, add to it a couple of handfuls of chili powder (ground chilis, not the spice mix) and a handful of cumin, and some salt and pepper. Let that come together for a couple of minutes.

Add 5 or 6 lbs of LEAN ground beef and mix it all together to brown it with the seasonings.

3 bags of those assorted dried chilis that you can find in the Mexican food section of most groceries, steep them in boiling water in another pot, puree when rehydrated, add to the ground beef mixture.

Add beef broth to cover. Simmer for a long ass time. Dank as fuck.

I usually take a 3rd of the finished project and swazz it up with an immersion blender for making chili dogs.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Three Large Onions minced
3 Large Poblanos minced
a bulb of garlic minced

Sautee the above in olive oil until it is translucent, add to it a couple of handfuls of chili powder (ground chilis, not the spice mix) and a handful of cumin, and some salt and pepper. Let that come together for a couple of minutes.

Add 5 or 6 lbs of LEAN ground beef and mix it all together to brown it with the seasonings.

3 bags of those assorted dried chilis that you can find in the Mexican food section of most groceries, steep them in boiling water in another pot, puree when rehydrated, add to the ground beef mixture.

Add beef broth to cover. Simmer for a long ass time. Dank as fuck.

I usually take a 3rd of the finished project and swazz it up with an immersion blender for making chili dogs.

Cumin seems to be a common seasoning in the posted recipes.... ive never used it in anything.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Cumin seems to be a common seasoning in the posted recipes.... ive never used it in anything.

Its probably in your chili powder. Btw, for u bean eaters, ever thought u could just top some beans with chili? They really arent supposed to be in chili unless you're poor.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Its probably in your chili powder. Btw, for u bean eaters, ever thought u could just top some beans with chili? They really arent supposed to be in chili unless you're poor.

STFU FOOD TROLL... 6,898 FOOD TROLL POSTS ALL FOOD TROLL!

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:

Used a lot in Mexican food

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
funny chili story...a few weeks ago Richmond was going to get hit by a snow storm so I decided to make some chili. I wanted something with a little more kick so I got some jalepenos that were covered in wrinkles. these peppers were legitimately spicy. so while I was prepping everything I cleaned the peppers our with my bare hands and chopped them up. once I was done prepping everything I washed my hands really good and watched some tv for 30 minutes. had to meet a buddy of mine up so I went to get ready and of course needed to put my contacts in. washed my hands again for good measure but unfortunately that helped none. I have been pepper sprayed before and the pain I went through after putting my first contact in was 10 times worse than having a cop hit you with the spray. I literally crumpled to the floor and screamed in pain.

Moral of the story, if you wear contacts either put them in before you cook or switch to your glasses for the day if you are cooking spicy foods.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
funny chili story...a few weeks ago Richmond was going to get hit by a snow storm so I decided to make some chili. I wanted something with a little more kick so I got some jalepenos that were covered in wrinkles. these peppers were legitimately spicy. so while I was prepping everything I cleaned the peppers our with my bare hands and chopped them up. once I was done prepping everything I washed my hands really good and watched some tv for 30 minutes. had to meet a buddy of mine up so I went to get ready and of course needed to put my contacts in. washed my hands again for good measure but unfortunately that helped none. I have been pepper sprayed before and the pain I went through after putting my first contact in was 10 times worse than having a cop hit you with the spray. I literally crumpled to the floor and screamed in pain.

Moral of the story, if you wear contacts either put them in before you cook or switch to your glasses for the day if you are cooking spicy foods.

Latex gloves. When i was in college i was making salsa for a frat party. Started a pussy fire later that evening.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I make my chili in the slow cooker. Olive oil & Small onion diced thin so it melts in the chili. I use 90% lean or better ground beef browned with garlic before putting in the cooker. Black beans, pinto beans, & kidney beans. Tomatoes (diced canned & 2 actual tomatoes) & green peppers. Beef broth, a little water, & tomato sauce. Whichever pepper spice (chili/chipotle/cumin, etc.) & choice of hot sauce for a lil kick. Jalapenos (or chipotle peppers if you're brave) are good too. A little cinnamon to combat the acidity of the tomatoes. Oregano is a good spice too (dried or fresh). Cook on low 8 hours then serve in a bowl with shredded cheddar on top. Pretty awesome. Sometimes I throw mushrooms or green onions in as well.

Sent from anywhere in the galaxy

ShiftyDevil

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Washington Huskies
Oh fuck. Love me some chili.

2 tomatillas
1-ish diced onion
3-ish peppers(I usually use 1 jalapeño, 1 anaheim & 1 serano)
Garlic- um, I use different amounts each time)
2 lbs ground bison
1 can kidney beans, drained
1 can black beans, drained
1 can crushed tomatoes
2 cans tomatoe sauce
I usually just use some decent shaker chili spices and some cayenne pepper and flavor to whatever taste I want in each batch

Sauté veggies in some spices and olive oil
Add ground bison and brown
Add tomatoes, beans, sauce and spices
Let simmer for at least one hour

Slop into bowl.
Add cheese and sour cream
Shovel into face with saltine crackers

Huh, that's my pepper mix too. Good taste sir.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
And you as well.

I have a friend that makes chili with ghost peppers. Fuck that...

Ghost pepper will kill you. My wife tried a raw one and thought she was going to die.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I've had Ghost pepper jerky. Fairly hot, I ate more though. :)

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nah I have watched several people eat them, very painful process though.

Yeah that was an exaggeration. She did drink a half gallon of milk.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:

lol bean hater