Chop Robinson

fridges fatboys

Liked Posts:
Does anyone know why everyone is so high on Chop Robinson? I know the guy was an athletic freak at the underwear olympics, but wha the heck has the guy done on the football field? His career stats are pathetic and it looks like he gets hurt all of the time.

3 Years (although 1 year was only 1 game)
35 Total tackles in 3 years
6 Total sacks in 3 years (2 sacks against UMass last year, 1 against Iowa/Rutgers. In 2021 1 against Kent and 1 against Virginia tech

His own teammate Adisa Issac had 37 tackles and 7.5 sacks just last year

I would rather take a guy like Mohamed Kamara from Colorado State who will probably be available in the 3-5th rounds. He had 56 tackles and 13 sacks last year.

I hate taking highly athletic players who don't do anything on the football field.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
Verse has been very productive, unlike Chop.
***Against NCAA offenses ranked in the 70s, 90s, and 100s. Anytime he faced an offense ranked higher than 40 he was nonexistent on the stat sheet, since we're using stats to make arguments.

Probably want to provide some context. Verse is a great bumslayer.

As for Chop, he's a 1st rounder because he has the fastest 1st step of all pass rushers in this draft, in addition to great bend and handfighting. His problems are that he will need to expand his pass rush arsenal, because he primarily used speed moves/twitchy lateral ability to generate most production at Penn State.

Chop also barely has 32 inch arms. I'm sure the size queens and mock draft arteests readying their next piles of garbage are distressing.

After Latu, there's a drop-off. Not wild about Chop or Verse if we're checking closets for skeletons. Hard to include Dallas Turner in this discussion because I don't believe he fits any other scheme than a 3-4 or some kind of hybrid 4-3/3-4 looks, which some teams do--just not Eberflus' 4-2-5. Though for what its worth, Sweat as a viper edge in a 3-4 and Turner as the Joker would have been fearsome. Just need a lardlad NT, and you're set at 5 tech with Dexter, who's much more natural at the read/react 2 gap system than he is being a hammer in the 'B' gap as a 3T and Walker/Pickens/Billings. Edmunds and Edwards as ILBs. and then the secondary of course being what it's molded into.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Anyone who has watched him for 5 minutes knows why he’s being talked about.

Yogi

Liked Posts:
***Against NCAA offenses ranked in the 70s, 90s, and 100s. Anytime he faced an offense ranked higher than 40 he was nonexistent on the stat sheet, since we're using stats to make arguments.

Probably want to provide some context. Verse is a great bumslayer.

As for Chop, he's a 1st rounder because he has the fastest 1st step of all pass rushers in this draft, in addition to great bend and handfighting. His problems are that he will need to expand his pass rush arsenal, because he primarily used speed moves/twitchy lateral ability to generate most production at Penn State.

Chop also barely has 32 inch arms. I'm sure the size queens and mock draft arteests readying their next piles of garbage are distressing.

After Latu, there's a drop-off. Not wild about Chop or Verse if we're checking closets for skeletons. Hard to include Dallas Turner in this discussion because I don't believe he fits any other scheme than a 3-4 or some kind of hybrid 4-3/3-4 looks, which some teams do--just not Eberflus' 4-2-5. Though for what its worth, Sweat as a viper edge in a 3-4 and Turner as the Joker would have been fearsome. Just need a lardlad NT, and you're set at 5 tech with Dexter, who's much more natural at the read/react 2 gap system than he is being a hammer in the 'B' gap as a 3T and Walker/Pickens/Billings. Edmunds and Edwards as ILBs. and then the secondary of course being what it's molded into.

Verse had 4.5 sacks in 6 career games against top 40 offenses. If you move the cutoff to top 50 offenses, it jumps to 9 sacks in 8 games.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Looking at college stats is so fucking stupid.

DefNextYear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
People like him because he’s always generated a high rate of pressure against the pass… even before he crushed it at the combine.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
People like him because he’s always generated a high rate of pressure against the pass… even before he crushed it at the combine.

Some prospects you can just see that they move differently. Nabers you can see the separation. Fautanu you can see the quick feet. Chop you can see the quick first step. It’s why you hear scouts every year talking about drafting traits.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Because a large part of drafting college players is projecting what they can do once you get them in your building.

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Because he gets a shit ton of pressure. Stats aren't everything. Latu would be my first choice at EDGE in this class.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Because he gets a shit ton of pressure. Stats aren't everything. Latu would be my first choice at EDGE in this class.

The best pass rusher in the nfl(In my opinion), Micah Parsons, only had 6.5 sacks in 26 college games. So yea.