Chris Simms Top 40 NFL Quarterbacks: Trubisky @ #20 ???

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I love Stafford...as qb of a division rival.
I was picking him to make a point. I just don’t know what Watson has done to prove he is clearly better, and Top 6? That is just overhype.

He's performed at a top 6 level since becoming an NFL starter. I think this ranking is about who Simms thinks is currently better, not whose tenured career has amounted to more, hence Mahomes also being very high despite just one season.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I love Stafford...as qb of a division rival.
I was picking him to make a point. I just don’t know what Watson has done to prove he is clearly better, and Top 6? That is just overhype.
Cmon man....his passer rating is higher....CANT YOU SEE THAT?

LMFAO

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:

I’m not sure why people think this list is decent because in fact it is trash. I’m fine with where Mitch is.

Brees and Brady being that low and behind Newton is a joke. Derek Carr and Nick Foles aren’t good QB’s. Cousins is fine where he is for now, but his play going forward will likely move him down. Mayfield being that high off limited play is trash. Kyler Murray at 24 when he’s never played an NFL game is weak. Drew Lock ahead of Haskins is unintelligible. RGIII being on the list doesn’t make a lot of sense and Tyrod Taylor should be ahead of every guy #30 and below

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I’m not sure why people think this list is decent because in fact it is trash. I’m fine with where Mitch is.

Brees and Brady being that low and behind Newton is a joke. Derek Carr and Nick Foles aren’t good QB’s. Cousins is fine where he is for now, but his play going forward will likely move him down. Mayfield being that high off limited play is trash. Kyler Murray at 24 when he’s never played an NFL game is weak. Drew Lock ahead of Haskins is unintelligible. RGIII being on the list doesn’t make a lot of sense and Tyrod Taylor should be ahead of every guy #30 and below
Lol.....it’s the passer ratings man, can’t you see that?

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He's performed at a top 6 level since becoming an NFL starter. I think this ranking is about who Simms thinks is currently better, not whose tenured career has amounted to more, hence Mahomes also being very high despite just one season.

A top 6 level, mick? You would think performing at that level would generate wins. You might be exaggerating

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Lol.....it’s the passer ratings man, can’t you see that?

I think Simms is trying to be trendy and garner attention by making outrageous rankings.

Idk if analyst have watched Newton play since his super bowl season, but it isn’t impressive

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I think Simms is trying to be trendy and garner attention by making outrageous rankings.

Idk if analyst have watched Newton play since his super bowl season, but it isn’t impressive
I can’t agree more!

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
I really like Simms list and his podcast is pretty good particularly considering it’s off season and there ain’t much to talk about.

His list is based on current play as well as slight projection (considering Murray and others are on the list).

He certainly defends his rankings and explains why he puts the players where he does. His trubisky analysis is relatively short because he’s defended trubisky quite a bit on other podcasts. I think the main take away he has with trubisky is that he doesn’t get enough credit for how he played last year, and that he gets criticized far too much especially considering the joke of talent on offense during his first year.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I don’t understand why Deshaun watson’s absolutely abysmal playoff game doesn’t cast more doubt on him.
It was his awful o line not him....plus the defense gave up so many points to start the game they had to rely on the passing game to bring them back........wait......nevermind

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don’t understand why Deshaun watson’s absolutely abysmal playoff game doesn’t cast more doubt on him.
It was one game, albeit an important one. He's still better than Mitch but I think Simms has him way too high here.

The thing about Playoff games is the level of opponent and time to prepare. They tend to be a better test of what you'll need to win championships. QB's often have to rise above well schemed, potent Ds. If you look at the last games they played, Mahomes. Watson and Mitch had less than great 1st 1/2s. 2 played very well in the 2nd 1/2 and the other looked pretty much the same as his 1st 1/2. QBs can be streaky but that Watson only looked good for 1 drive and had a 69.7 rating for the entire game must have been disappointing.

I can't imagine this board if Mitch did that in the playoffs.

Last edited:

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
It was one game, albeit an important one. He's still better than Mitch but I think Simms has him way too high here.
I tend to agree with you on this on, they both do seem to have the potential to be very good qbs

Last edited:

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:

I agree with all points but man his performance wasn’t just bad it was down right awful. Like watching Mitch week 1 vs GB, but worse.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
I can’t agree more!

I think people are defending Simms rankings here because he likes Mitch and they are homers. Outside of that these rankings really don’t have a defense and are just click bait attention seeking

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
This. And he did that against a mediocre D.
After that game, it gave me serious doubt on him. Maybe it was just postseason jitters

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I tend to agree with you on this on. He they both do seem to have the potential to be very good qbs
Better than Mitch right now but top 6, borderline elite with that? Not until he has a better one.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
This. And he did that against a mediocre D.
After that game, it gave me serious doubt on him. Maybe it was just postseason jitters

I have a hard time crediting to post season jitters considering he played in 2 national championship games at Clemson. Could be though.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Watson is not a top 6 QB. Not even close.

Rodgers
Mahomes
Brady
Rivers
Ben
Ryan
Wilson

^ all objectively better than him. He was a bit better than Trubisky last year.