CJ Watson takes D-WILL over ROSE

Havoc

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Watson calls Deron the best point guard in the league. Says Derrick Rose won't be mad at him for saying that.

— Colin Stephenson (@Ledger_Nets) July 24, 2012

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Colin Stephenson, who covers the Brooklyn Nets for the Newark Star-Ledger, tweeted a comment from C.J. Watson's news conference on Tuesday that is sure to raise some eyebrows among Chicago Bulls fans.

Watson, who backed up Derrick Rose last season, said his new backcourt mate -- Deron Williams -- is the best point guard in the NBA. He also said Rose won't be mad at him.

Bulls fans, however, might be a little protective of their rehabilitating hometown star.

Watson may be upset the Bulls didn't pick up his $3.2 million option.
http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bulls/post/_/id/9540/cj-derron-best-point-guard-in-the-league

:thinking:

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
non-story tbh. if he went to LAC, CP would have been the best PG [which i would have agreed with], if it was boston, he would have said rondo, etc.

I wouldn't expect anything different.

Havoc

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can see a case made for both. But, if it came down to the best pure PG, I'd take D-Will

Last edited:

thechosenone

Liked Posts:
Drose would have made the playoffs on his own. Dwill didn't. Also this.
[video=youtube;X8FAmOjKF_k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8FAmOjKF_k&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

When you are better you prove it against the competition. Yes I know cp3 can walk with the ball in his hands while listening to music better than Drose. The thing is...nobody except some bulls fans care. He's good. Rose was better.

Deng Defense Force

Liked Posts:
20237805.jpg

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
d will is the better point guard...i would give rose a slight edge as a player

ChicagoGr

Liked Posts:
Well, he now plays for Brooklyn, did you expect him to say that his former teammate is better than his current one?

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
non-story tbh. if he went to LAC, CP would have been the best PG [which i would have agreed with], if it was boston, he would have said rondo, etc.

I wouldn't expect anything different.

QFT

If CJ went to the Wizards, then Wall would be the best. If he went back to the D-League, then he would say John Lucas III is the best. ect ect ect

Reactions: BNB

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If D-Rose's best player last season was Kris Humphries then there is a good chance he wouldn't have made the playoffs either.

Havoc

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
d will is the better point guard...i would give rose a slight edge as a player

Not sure how you are defining "player"- maybe scorer? If that's the case, I only agree because Rose puts up a ton more shots than D-Will.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Not sure how you are defining "player"- maybe scorer? If that's the case, I only agree because Rose puts up a ton more shots than D-Will.
overall...

i think it can be argued either way

last season...rose's shot amount and william's were pretty close...in rose's mvp season he obviously took more..

i think it's more important to look at the shooting %

rose is a better scorer, i think that is tough to debate for williams...deron is a solid 18-20 PPG scorer on most teams, but when pressured with being centered offensively to really put points up, i think he has a harder time than rose because he isn't as athletic and as good at getting to the rim to draw a foul or score

rose is also a better clutch scorer

deron isn't a great 3 point shooter, but i think he's a little above average and is more of a threat from that area, while rose is below average

running a team? deron easy

he still put up 9 assists per game on a team that had kris humphries as the best option for passing...if brook lopez was healthy i think he would have been close to or over 10...

rose is a little underrated here with his ability to create open space and lanes by making defenses collapse through drives(he was in the top 10 in assists the last two years)...but not as good as deron williams

i take rose because of his ability to be a first option offensively, but for me it depends on the circumstances of the team and what you really want your PG to do

as for watson saying it...it means nothing, watson is just jabbing to jab, if that makes sense

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's Watson being loyal to his new team. Of course Rose won't be mad at him...he knows he's not serious. :smug:

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would take CP3 over both.

But Derrick is second easily!

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Deron is my 2nd fav PG behind rose

but Deron isnt better than cp3 more less the point god Rose

WindyCity7