Clay Matthews: NFL should 'go to college rules' in OT

BigTom

Liked Posts:
Those saying that it should be changed so that even if the first team scores the other should get to match it are basically saying the only phase of the game that matters is offense. The rules are fair as they are now. Scoring a touchdown is not easy to do against an nfl defense. If your defense allows the other team to drive all the way down the field and score a touchdown then that should be game over. You had your shot and blew it. You want your offense to see the ball then the defense needs to do their job and at least hold the opponent to a field goal. Football isn't a game of just offense.

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Losing in the playoffs isn't a choke job lol

But whatever helps you tolerate another losing season, go with it

No, Arizona was far and away the better team. That doesn't mean the Packers shouldn't have won the game. They were in a position to win, and it is more than right for a player on the team to be upset that they let that opportunity to slip away.

And also,what relevance does a regular season showdown have on a playoff game? None, different styles win in the playoffs and guys get healthy which played a huge role in yesterdays game. If Shields was out, and the GB Oline was in shambles like Week 16, then GB would have been blown out, but that's why people watch the NFL. Things change week to week, especially this GB team, they were awful this year. The most frustrating team to watch in my lifetime tbh, can't believe they won a playoff game.

OT: I see you're a Bulls fan too, so you get points there. Aside from Jimmy Buckets, the season is heading downhill. It bloooowwwwwwwwwws.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I had a feeling this was coming. At least the FG rule, I understood why people got upset. I didn't agree, but it was understandable. People pissed and moaned for this, now they moan more after it happens. Leave the rule as it it. Pretty perfect for the professionals if you ask me.

Exactly. Teams have 60 minutes to win the game before this and TDs don't come easy in the playoffs.

Oops!
r44598_2_576x324_16-9.jpg

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree with you on that one. And it is much more silly when they count the stats in the OT as being part of the game. Sometimes the teams score more in the OT than they do in the regular portion of the game.

Which one did you lose in? FanDuel or DraftKings!!

GoBears

Liked Posts:
We need to change the playoff over time format to Packers automatically win and the next 15 minutes of the telecast is devoted to the announcers sucking their cocks. That's what Matthews and, especially, Rodgers want

AuCN

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If they were to go to an OT where everyone touched the ball at least once, you would always decline the first possession. That way you have potentially better field possession if you force a punt OR you would be in 4 down territory your entire possession.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Hey dbag matthews, rodgers and fatso McCarthy

You're all star qb did have the ball with a chance to win the game.....and you decided to pasd on having him gain 2 yards for a 2 pt conversion and the win for a 33 yard pat and coin flip....
This coming on the heels of just losing the coin flip in the same game last year.

Dont want to "lose" on a coin flip

1) stop the other team in regulation from tying you
2) go for a gw td vs game tying fg im regulation
3) go for 2 and the win vs the pat and tie
4) stop the other team in ot

Its pretty simple, but it gets back to old school meathead football mentality and thinking (fwiw...john fox would have done the same thing as fatass mccarthy and went to ot even with a inferior defense , special teams coverage and poor kicker when it comes to touchback )

jc456

Liked Posts:
Well..... didn't they enter into the game knowing the rules for OT when the game started? I'm confused, what are they crying about, are they claiming that they don't know the NFL rule for OT? hmmmmmmmmmm

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:
Losing in the playoffs isn't a choke job lol

But whatever helps you tolerate another losing season, go with it

No, Arizona was far and away the better team. That doesn't mean the Packers shouldn't have won the game. They were in a position to win, and it is more than right for a player on the team to be upset that they let that opportunity to slip away.

And also,what relevance does a regular season showdown have on a playoff game? None, different styles win in the playoffs and guys get healthy which played a huge role in yesterdays game. If Shields was out, and the GB Oline was in shambles like Week 16, then GB would have been blown out, but that's why people watch the NFL. Things change week to week, especially this GB team, they were awful this year. The most frustrating team to watch in my lifetime tbh, can't believe they won a playoff game.

Soooo the Bengals choking over and over for several years is not a choke job? I don't know what kind of denial you are in but seem some good help for that.

Has GB choked the past few playoff games? Did they choke the division away against the Vikings? Naaahh enjoy:nelson:

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
Soooo the Bengals choking over and over for several years is not a choke job? I don't know what kind of denial you are in but seem some good help for that.

Has GB choked the past few playoff games? Did they choke the division away against the Vikings? Naaahh enjoy:nelson:

How did Green Bay choke on Sat?

The Patriots have 1 Super Bowl win the last decade. They make the playoffs every year, are you saying they are perennial chokers? You act as if losing in the playoffs doesn't happen to 11/12 best teams in the league each year.

Packers didn't choke away the division either lmao. They won 4 straight and they mean nothing. They won the Super Bowl the year the Bears won the division, which season would you rather have? Packers had a 2 game lead with 10 games to go, including both head to head, hardly a choke job. Broncos had a 5 game lead and had to clinch the West on the last day of the season, big deal.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:

The Patriots have 1 Super Bowl win the last decade. They make the playoffs every year, are you saying they are perennial chokers? You act as if losing in the playoffs doesn't happen to 11/12 best teams in the league each year.

Packers didn't choke away the division either lmao. They won 4 straight and they mean nothing. They won the Super Bowl the year the Bears won the division, which season would you rather have? Packers had a 2 game lead with 10 games to go, including both head to head, hardly a choke job. Broncos had a 5 game lead and had to clinch the West on the last day of the season, big deal.

The Seattle game was a choke job. They went into a complete shell in the 2nd half and played not to lose. Saturday was not because Arizona was vastly the superior team and Green Bay did well to keep them close the whole game.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Those saying that it should be changed so that even if the first team scores the other should get to match it are basically saying the only phase of the game that matters is offense. The rules are fair as they are now. Scoring a touchdown is not easy to do against an nfl defense. If your defense allows the other team to drive all the way down the field and score a touchdown then that should be game over. You had your shot and blew it. You want your offense to see the ball then the defense needs to do their job and at least hold the opponent to a field goal. Football isn't a game of just offense.

That's ridiculous. Actually, it might be the other way around since you would have to get a stop to actually win the game under those rules.

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:

So you don't think GB choked on primetime at home for the division vs the Vikings (30th or so ranked offense)? It must have been some other team in green and gold that boasts SB yearly and always chokes before they get there huh?:yep:

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
"there was a little protective case that might have been weighted in the heads favor." - Clay Matthews.

#conspiracy

refs hatez the packersz
If that's the case and you know it dont pick fucking tails, what a dipshit. Yes, after the Pack picked tails the ref put the weighted protective cover on, what a fucking jackass

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
So you don't think GB choked on primetime at home for the division vs the Vikings (30th or so ranked offense)? It must have been some other team in green and gold that boasts SB yearly and always chokes before they get there huh?:yep:

Lol you are a clown

Yeah always chokes before they get there... Remember when they played Chicago for the NFC Title game? How about Week 17 after the Bears lost the division lead despite Rodgers missing like 6 games?

Also, how many games did the Vikings win? Yeah, what an awful team they were. It's not like they made the playoffs or anything.

Pats 5th straight AFC Championship game. Do they always choke because they have only 1 ring recently? Never answered that question. At least 5 teams a year are Super Bowl or bust teams. Steelers, Seahawks, Patriots, Packers are among them. Broncos and Cardinals as well. Not their fault they are the best organizations in the NFL and have high expectations. I'm struggling to understand how a team with a whopping 4 year championship drought can be labeled perennial chokers.Not to mention they've been an underdog in each of their last 4 playoff losses.

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:
Lol you are a clown

Yeah always chokes before they get there... Remember when they played Chicago for the NFC Title game? How about Week 17 after the Bears lost the division lead despite Rodgers missing like 6 games?

Also, how many games did the Vikings win? Yeah, what an awful team they were. It's not like they made the playoffs or anything.

Pats 5th straight AFC Championship game. Do they always choke because they have only 1 ring recently? Never answered that question. At least 5 teams a year are Super Bowl or bust teams. Steelers, Seahawks, Patriots, Packers are among them. Broncos and Cardinals as well. Not their fault they are the best organizations in the NFL and have high expectations. I'm struggling to understand how a team with a whopping 4 year championship drought can be labeled perennial chokers.Not to mention they've been an underdog in each of their last 4 playoff losses.

Still skirting the issue eh? We are talking about your choking packers? Stop changing the subject to other teams or the records that they had when GB choked again. You are looking like a serious homer and a silly clown. They choked vs the Vikings.....yes. Choked year after year in the playoffs...yes. SB or bust right? Yes....then another choke job it is.

I saw you mentioned the Bears in there in a GB thread. :lmao: You look sadly desperate like a silly clown.

Oh....btw, who did your GB team get embarassed in primetime, at home, on Thanksgiving, during Favre's retirement ceremony against? :lmao: Too easy