Claypool: No One Loafs Better

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Just to play devils advocate…. Wasn’t he hurt all game?

But yeah, so far the trade es no bueno.

tcmtrinity

Liked Posts:
Brother's wasting his talents. Can totally be a part-time male model.

Username

Liked Posts:
I mean...what do fans want him to do? He can't just outright cut him cause velus sucks ballsacks.

He should be benched. Thats clear as day, but unfortunately you don't have a reliable WR on the team outside of Mooney and Moore.

After this season, claypoop is going to be gone.
Cutting him and benching him are the same, isn't it? Either way he isn't on the field. As we've seen, even when he's on the field, he isn't on the field. I say cut him, and send a message. No loafs means no loaf. You either demonstrate the H.I.T.S. or you get the S.H.I.T.S.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Cutting him and benching him are the same, isn't it? Either way he isn't on the field. As we've seen, even when he's on the field, he isn't on the field. I say cut him, and send a message. No loafs means no loaf. You either demonstrate the H.I.T.S. or you get the S.H.I.T.S.

Obviously not. Cutting is permanently giving up on him. Benching is sending a message and he can still get back on the field if he earns it in practice.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Obviously not. Cutting is permanently giving up on him. Benching is sending a message and he can still get back on the field if he earns it in practice.

Exactly, his issue isn't that he's a bad player like velus. He's got a lot of talent, it just seems like he could care less and is just going through the motions.

Dude is the eddie goldman of WR's.

Ernie54

Liked Posts:
Exactly. Management needs to send a message to the players that this is not acceptable. At least bench him for several games to hurt him in a contract year. This game gave me the s.h.i.t.s.!

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Yeah this entire tape is kinda of BS.

1st play - This is not a loaf. He simply misses the block.

2nd play - He drops the pass because he is already trying to go upfield. Not sure how that is a loaf.

3rd - This is bad play design. I have no idea why Mooney is being asked to run 2 yards inside to try and block the DE who really cant get to the pitch when he would be in better position to block the guy Claypool is being asked to run 2 yards inside to block. They both miss their blocks and Claypool pulls up because if he doesn't it will be a block in the back. In fact Mooney gets away with a bit of a block in the back for the very reason that their blocking responsibilities make it almost impossible to get to the defender before he is already past them. Mooney should have blocked the guy Claypool is being asked to block which would allow Claypool to block the guy at the 2nd level and allow the guy coming across to be the lead blocker.

4th - Yes this was actually terrible on Claypool's part.

5th - This is misleading as pretty sure this is the play where he slowed down because Fields is scrambling and he actually makes a block on this play to help Fields.

6th - No idea why this is included as this looks like a decent enough route and if this is the int then Fields already admitted he should have gone to Claypool here one on one.

People don't critically think anymore. They just pile on to whatever is trending on Twitter. To call these loafs is quite dumb aside from the 4th one. To call the 5th one a loaf where the did blocks for Fields is really just dishonest editing.

Last edited:

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Either throw it to him or run the play away from him. It's obvious that he can't block for shit. I probably wouldn't sign him long term though.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
ohh look, remy defending claypool.

Go suck his dick already, not one person understands your weird love for him on here.

Yeah this doesn't refute anything I said. It is fine to hate Claypool or think he sucks. No reason to dishonestly edit film to make your case.

The fact they cut off the rest of this play to claim this was a loaf is just dishonest. You just have no objectivity to be honest about that fact.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Yeah this entire tape is kinda of BS.

1st play - This is not a loaf. He simply misses the block.

2nd play - He drops the pass because he is already trying to go upfield. Not sure how that is a loaf.

3rd - This is bad play design. I have no idea why Mooney is being asked to run 2 yards inside to try and block the DE who really cant get to the pitch when he would be in better position to block the guy Claypool is being asked to run 2 yards inside to block. They both miss their blocks and Claypool pulls up because if he doesn't it will be a block in the back. In fact Mooney gets away with a bit of a block in the back for the very reason that their blocking responsibilities make it almost impossible to get to the defender before he is already past them. Mooney should have blocked the guy Claypool is being asked to block which would allow Claypool to block the guy at the 2nd level and allow the guy coming across to be the lead blocker.

4th - Yes this was actually terrible on Claypool's part.

5th - This is misleading as pretty sure this is the play where he slowed down because Fields is scrambling and he actually makes a block on this play to help Fields.

6th - No idea why this is included as this looks like a decent enough route and if this is the int then Fields already admitted he should have gone to Claypool here one on one.

People don't critically think anymore. They just pile on to whatever is trending on Twitter. To call these loafs is quite dumb aside from the 4th one. To call the 5th one a loaf where the did blocks for Fields is really just dishonest editing.

Calvin Ridley - 8 catches, 101 yds, 1 TD

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I mean...what do fans want him to do?
Well, if Claypool doesn't even want to try, why bother putting him on the field or keeping him on the team?

Just a bottom-of-the-barrel type of player who would be an improvement over Claypool (there are 100s of these), might I suggest the Bears pick up Zack Kuntz from the Jets practice squad?

He is 6'8" and runs a 4.55, not quite Claypool speed but much taller than him. While Kuntz lacks good blocking ability, Claypool matches it with effort or lack thereof. The Bears can live without Claypool's only talent, that of getting personal fouls for unsportsmanlike conduct.

I am sure that most CCS members could come up with a half-dozen replacement players for Claypool that are walking the street right now. Heck, there is a thread for a 7 footer NBA Center failure to be picked up as a field goal blocker or some such idea.

If Claypool would even try to not suck ...

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Most likely this.

Slim chance, but maybe reality hits Claypool that he’s losing out on 10s of millions of dollars and could potentially be fighting for a roster spot next season and he wakes up and starts play better.
Claypool already chose his future career on the bench.

OIP.jpg

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Well to be fair, knowing our luck he'd go to the packers and live up to his potential.

The talent is there, he just doesn't give two fucks. Dude was probably more worried about what he's going to eat after the game than blocking his man.
Claypool was a man who was a bit too late for his time.

Imagine Claypool being Cutler's WR1

Cutler, "Who cares?"

Claypool, "Certainly not me!"