Claypool: No One Loafs Better

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Hilarious how you're trying your hardest to somehow spin this into a K.Toney vs Claypool thing but seem to forget the real guy i was backing and you were hating on in Calvin Ridley.

Take your vortex elsewhere.

You backed both of them. Sorry. And until the whole O sorts out their issues your comparison is faulty. DJ Moore who is certainly on Ridley's level only had 2 catches and 35 yards so showing me Ridley's stats in a functional offense with a QB making the right decisions doesnt mean anything. If you think Ridley was going for 100 yards in the Bears offense with their admitted lateral passing gameplan, poor OL making deep passes difficult and a QB refusing to throw to open guys then you are delusional.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Who cares what individual poster backed what? Ryan Poles should've known better. He's the one who gets paid millions to know this stuff. If he was going to do that trade it should have been for Calvin Ridley. Full stop, end of story. Trying to deflect from the incompetence of Ryan Poles by holding dabears70 accountable is stupid.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Who cares what individual poster backed what? Ryan Poles should've known better. He's the one who gets paid millions to know this stuff. If he was going to do that trade it should have been for Calvin Ridley. Full stop, end of story. Trying to deflect from the incompetence of Ryan Poles by holding dabears70 accountable is stupid.
The debate is between @dabears70 and me not Ryan Poles. Feel free to write Ryan Poles and see if he responds.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
I mean...what do fans want him to do? He can't just outright cut him cause velus sucks ballsacks.

He should be benched. Thats clear as day, but unfortunately you don't have a reliable WR on the team outside of Mooney and Moore.

After this season, claypoop is going to be gone.
This doesn’t make sense because he also is not reliable and he is not objectively better than any eceiver on the team. I’d have more respect for Poles if he was just straight up cut.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
The debate is between @dabears70 and me not Ryan Poles. Feel free to write Ryan Poles and see if he responds.
There is no debate. I won that debate before week one even started. You just need someone to vortex with because you're bored.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
There is no debate. I won that debate before week one even started. You just need someone to vortex with because you're bored.

Umm you are claiming you stand by Toney so there is a debate.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Umm you are claiming you stand by Toney so there is a debate.
I'm claiming to stand by that i said Toney is Dynamic with the ball in his hands because he is.

I actually still think Claypool can be a good WR for us but we'll see if he can't let his ego get in the way of our HC not quite standing behind him with his latest comments. I think his ego is a big reason why he's an issue.

Still would by far do the Ridley trade over the Claypool trade every day of the week.

bears5150

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Maybe a kick in the ASS will get him going

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Not that it matters who any of us wanted to trade for, but I had hoped Poles would go over Ridley, also. His ability exceeded Claypool’s and it would have been worth the risk.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'm claiming to stand by that i said Toney is Dynamic with the ball in his hands because he is.

I actually still think Claypool can be a good WR for us but we'll see if he can't let his ego get in the way of our HC not quite standing behind him with his latest comments. I think his ego is a big reason why he's an issue.

Still would by far do the Ridley trade over the Claypool trade every day of the week.

And I stand by what I said.

1. Toney isn't consistent enough for his alleged dynamic nature to be a benefit.

2. The Claypool trade made sense at the time.

3. No one questioned Ridley's talent. The question was whether he was mentally ready for a whole season not one game and also he is a risk because any fuck up and he can be suspended for a year or more.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Should we start calling Claypool "The Baker"

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
And I stand by what I said.

1. Toney isn't consistent enough for his alleged dynamic nature to be a benefit.

2. The Claypool trade made sense at the time.

3. No one questioned Ridley's talent. The question was whether he was mentally ready for a whole season not one game and also he is a risk because any fuck up and he can be suspended for a year or more.
To you it did but to many on here, including me, it was a overpay even at the time.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Unless things change, dramatically, the Claypool move was a mistake. And a pretty big one, too. I was o.k with it, thought give it a chance, but this certainly aren’t looking very good. If he keeps up bad play put him on special teams, make him cover and return kicks.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Imagine passing up on Pickens for character and locker room issues only to trade a higher pick for a less talented and just as problematic WR that had less years left on his rookie contract.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Imagine passing up on Pickens for character and locker room issues only to trade a higher pick for a less talented and just as problematic WR that had less years left on his rookie contract.
Exactly. Makes no sense.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I mean...what do fans want him to do? He can't just outright cut him cause velus sucks ballsacks.

He should be benched. Thats clear as day, but unfortunately you don't have a reliable WR on the team outside of Mooney and Moore.

After this season, claypoop is going to be gone.
Poles was desperate for a healthy WR and let that influence him. Not good but I get why it happened. Sure looks like crap after that game. I put Claypool out there again and give him a chance to prove he can do better and go from there.

I agree that from what we've seen, he's gone after this year. Makes the choice between him and Mooney (if it came to that) easy.