Clean the House.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have not been against the coaching staff, but after watching WAS game....it has to be done.

GM Jerry Angelo: He does not go after the needs, he goes after players that are big headlines and still sticks up for the OL.
Lovie Smith: I think he needs to start yelling and jump starting his team. Also, if Hester was returning punts today, why wouldn't you put him as the KR. He should be doing both now because his offensive plays has been cut.
Mike Tice: The OL looked OK today but primarily because of short passes. They suck at run block and pass blocking too.
Mike Martz: I thought this would have been a good signing, but I'm not too thrilled with Martz so far. I like the short passes, but he needs to run more. OK the running started off slow, but pick up and he stopped running. I honeslty did not get that.
WR coach: OK 2 of Cutler's picks today were on the WR and maybe 3 (but that a hard one). They don't go after the ball and run good routes. However, the Bears need a tall WR who would have been perfect on that last pick that Cutler threw (the int one). Oh that's right, they have one. lLt's see....hmmmmmmmm.....DA.

I think keeping the whole defense intack would be smart. Coaches and players. The D played good wioth 2 starters out who are playing hell of football. Chris Harris and Lanc Briggs.

Thoughts?

Matthew

Liked Posts:
If Love Smith starts yelling and jumping around how does this improve our on field performance? I am not making a case for Lovie Smith to remain as head coach but your reasoning is way off. He should be fired for poor decisions and management.

Also Jerry Angelo does not "just sign headline free agents." Julius Peppers is the only big name free agent he has signed and Jay Cutler is the only headline trade he has made in his time with the Bears. He should be fired because he cannot draft in the first two rounds.

Our defense should not be kept in tact, we are very thin at cornerback and we need more presence from the defensive line outside of Julius Peppers. Also Chris Harris does not have the cover skills to play free safety.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bring in Cowher + Colbert.
1. Kevin Colbert signed an extension w/ the Steelers
2. Cowher will likely change the Bears defense to a 3-4, which they have no players for.

Rex Jaybels

Liked Posts:
If Love Smith starts yelling and jumping around how does this improve our on field performance? I am not making a case for Lovie Smith to remain as head coach but your reasoning is way off. He should be fired for poor decisions and management.

Also Jerry Angelo does not "just sign headline free agents." Julius Peppers is the only big name free agent he has signed and Jay Cutler is the only headline trade he has made in his time with the Bears. He should be fired because he cannot draft in the first two rounds.

Our defense should not be kept in tact, we are very thin at cornerback and we need more presence from the defensive line outside of Julius Peppers. Also Chris Harris does not have the cover skills to play free safety.

In other words, this team is a complete mess. :turrible: :turrible: :turrible: :turrible: :turrible: :turrible: :turrible: :turrible: :turrible: :turrible: :turrible:

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tommie Harris this season:

4 tackles, 0 sacks

LOL

Rex Jaybels

Liked Posts:
So much went wrong today it's really hard to pin it on one aspect. This team is a mess and however they got to 4-1 is beyond me.

The NFC seems to be joke at least, but that doesn't make me feel much better about that 3 hour suck fest I just watched.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Martz did nothing wrong.

He called the right plays, we didn't execute. When you turn the ball over on 5 straight possessions, you can't blame the OC.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
Martz did nothing wrong.

He called the right plays, we didn't execute. When you turn the ball over on 5 straight possessions, you can't blame the OC.

I'm really blaming the WR coach, not Martz. But, the play calling should have been better. The Bears started to run good and he stops running. That really bother me.

Last edited:

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have not been against the coaching staff, but after watching WAS game....it has to be done.

GM Jerry Angelo: He does not go after the needs, he goes after players that are big headlines and still sticks up for the OL.
Lovie Smith: I think he needs to start yelling and jump starting his team. Also, if Heter was returining punts today, why wouldn't you put him as the KR. He should be doing both now because his offesive plays has been cut.
Mike Tice: The OL looked OK today but primarily because of short passes. They suck at run bloch and pass blocking too.
Mike Martz: I thought this would have been a good signing, but I'm not too thrilled with Martz so far. I like the short passes, but he needs to run more. OK the running started off slow, but pick up and he stopped running. I honeslty did not get that.
WR coach: OK 2 of Cutler's picks today were on the WR and maybe 3 (but that a hard one). They don't go after the ball and run good routes. However, the Bears need a tall WR who would have been perfect on that last pick that Cutler threw (the int one). Oh that's right, they have one. lLt's see....hmmmmmmmm.....DA.

I think keeping the whole defense intack would be smart. Coaches and players. The D played good wioth 2 starters out who are playing hell of football. Chris Harris and Lanc Briggs.

Thoughts?
1. To start, you have the spelling capability of a kindergartner
2. Like Matthew said, having a vocal coach who is animated on the sideline means nothing. Look at Mike Singletary, he's animated on the sideline and it doesn't help his team at all.
3. Like Matthew said, JA hardly goes after top FAs. You're taking one FA binge and making it seem like he's the GM of the Redskins. You're reasoning is way off, he's terrible drafting in the 1st 2 rounds and cannot evaluate talent on offense.
4. Why isn't Hester on kick returns? Maybe it's because Manning and Knox are both great returning kicks.
5. Just because a player is tall doesn't make him any good. Most tall receivers struggle to separate due to their lack of speed and lanky bodies. A lot of them also struggle against press coverage
6. Chris Harris is essentially a linebacker playing FS. He doesn't have anywhere the range and coverage ability to be a good FS for the Bears, which is why IMO Major Wright will start at FS when the Bears face the Bills in 2 weeks.
7. As for the O-Line and WR coaches... it's either the teacher or the student... I'm going w/ the student

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
8. Lovie shouldn't be fired. He's made the defense into what it is now and it's not his fault entirely that the offense sucks. That falls on Martz, and I see why teams w/ terrible offense let him stay unemployed

Matthew

Liked Posts:
Why are you being so hard on a lowly position coach Waldo? Darryl Drake has a 5th round draft pick, an undrafted free agent, and a player drafted as a defensive back to work with. Actually if we had a legitimate go to wideout on this team our receiving core would be pretty good considering the draft picks we have invested in them.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
Let him be, I did not go over it as I have no time. I wrote this up fast because I have homework to do. I haven't even really posted on here that much lately, with work and class. So, to me this was a positive to write.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
1. To start, you have the spelling capability of a kindergartner
2udzzpi_th.jpg

Derkach77

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Our D has been a bright spot all year. It's just the coaching on the offensvie side of the ball is an issue but most importantly the head coach is just an idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.