1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Did you get banned by the 9 year old mod or the Blackhawks mod that had made a thread asking which team he should follow since he'd never watched hockey before?

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Cubs 40-man roster still stands at 40 ... anyone know why?

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah the 40-man is at 39, but when the Cubs announce the Concepcion signing, he will fill up the 40-man.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can't be too upset about this, but also can't help but feel like this is an awfully high price to pay for a promotion. Carpenter was a real interesting arm that I was hopefully developing into a cost controlled late inning reliever for several seasons. It will be interesting to see what the swap of prospects turns out. As a whole though it is good that the biggest piece of the deal is in place. Now we just have to figure out what an organization without an axe to grind is going to get for a lateral move.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can't be too upset about this, but also can't help but feel like this is an awfully high price to pay for a promotion. Carpenter was a real interesting arm that I was hopefully developing into a cost controlled late inning reliever for several seasons. It will be interesting to see what the swap of prospects turns out. As a whole though it is good that the biggest piece of the deal is in place. Now we just have to figure out what an organization without an axe to grind is going to get for a lateral move.

If you mean the Padres, I think the MLBTR blurb said it'd be a true "low-level" prospect who isn't on the 40-man and probably won't be anywhere in the top-30 Cubs prospects. But who knows?

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
I heard it won't be on the Cubs 40-man roster and not in the Cubs top 25 prospects. It's likely to be a player in A ball.;

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
He took a promotion, had 1 year left on his contract and was not getting along with owner Henry ... Carpenter was more than enough. He'll contribute and help them. Red Sox fans need to stfu and get over it and stop whining.

ChiTeez.com

Best shirts in Chicago
Liked Posts:
I'm just happy it's pretty much over and we can get down to some baseball! Hopefully we can put a decent team out on the field! I'm sick of walking home from the games feeling like crap after marmol blows it in the 9th lol.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Report: San Diego Padres request Theo Epstein as compensation for Jed Hoyer and Starlin Castro as compensation for Jason McLeod. :smug:

Chris J

Chris Jelinek
Liked Posts:
Carpenter having surgery

Chris Carpenter, the pitcher the cubs sent to boston as comp for Theo, will be having elbow surgery to remove a bone spur

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Great... Just great. He'll come back and be the next Cy Young Winner.