Concussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I wonder how many of those doctors or scientists played sports at a high level?

Lefty

Liked Posts:
":rolleyes: Yeah, I'm sure you get a ton of concussions in medical school. Pussies."

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You can get concussions playing in pee wee football.

Sure the hits technically get "harder" as you go through the ranks. The base point isn't really being handled by.. someone not having played at a high level or doctors having played at a high level.

They are doctors and scientists. Not football players.. Nor do they really care who the hell played at a high level. They want to make the game we all enjoy safer.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Water polo.

Illinois.

Congrats on also being in the top 1% of retards on this message board.
That's a truly HUGE accomplishment.
I coach water polo. :crazydance:
Must have had a bunch of concussions playing water polo... :lmao:

You really have the inside perspective from playing contact sports at a very high level.
water polo is a contact sport. There was a girl recently who had her spleen ruptured from playing. It is possible to get a concussion from it.
I never had one from playing water polo...because I didn't play water polo.

Sarcasm is fun.
:crying:

Lex L.

Liked Posts:
The NHL made it a point to continue to allow hits to a players head when changing the rules late last season. They only eliminated hits to the head from a persons blind side (from behind or from the side). The physical nature of the game has been retained in changing rules to limit some of the injuries that occur.

The NFL should take the same approach when creating these rules. Look into rules that help protect players yet still allow for physical play. Part of contact sports is the actual contact and physical aspect of the sports.

These guys are paid millions a year to take the risk. I see NFL defensive linemen making textbook tackles on the quarterback a fraction of a second after the ball leaves the hand and they are getting flagged for it. It has become ridiculous.

Yeah, pretty much. But according to these yahoos, its obviously too rough to continue as a sport. Its so rough theyd be better off outlawing it...at least thats what science says in the research they did for their term paper.

Veritas

Liked Posts:
I wonder what would happen if I mentioned the great sport of Mix Martial Arts in this discussion...

I would also like to point out that the gym I train at has tons of kids over the last 3 years taking MMA classes.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
Yeah, pretty much.

:doorrofl: I can't wait for this....

But according to these yahoos, its obviously too rough to continue as a sport.

:lmao: Yeah, because that's exactly what people (dare I say, "we") have been saying. You figured it out. Real good shit.

Its so rough theyd be better off outlawing it...

Outlawing what? Hits to the head (at least to defenseless players like receivers making a catch or QB's)? Yes, until such a time when we can be sure that every player is fully aware of the likelihood and repercussions of things like CTE. To so much as imply that people are stupid or wrong for wanting to see the causes of CTE removed from football illustrates that you are without any knowledge as it pertains to what CTE actually is and how serious it is (HINT: very, very serious).

at least thats what science says

Right, because we totally shouldn't listen to what science says. :rolleyes:

in the research they did for their term paper.

So you actually think that on some level anti-concussion people are making this stuff up, or the numbers and perceived gravity of the situation has in any way been embellished? Really? Wow. Never mind Veritas and his "well what level did you reach in some arbitrary list of sports that I have" bs, you are the Meatball King.

Last edited:

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hockey never needed/ought to have been introduced into this topic in this forum. In hockey, in the past (this is the first full season where the culture is changing a bit), the onus is on the player to never put himself in an indefensible position to avoid a concussion. I haven't read too many opinions anywhere going off/blaming Cutler for getting concussed.

Too different, imo.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Yeah, pretty much. But according to these yahoos, its obviously too rough to continue as a sport. Its so rough theyd be better off outlawing it...at least thats what science says in the research they did for their term paper.
I wish you understood the argument.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Nor do they really care who the hell played at a high level. They want to make the game we all enjoy safer.
Ding.

I wonder what would happen if I mentioned the great sport of Mix Martial Arts in this discussion...

I would also like to point out that the gym I train at has tons of kids over the last 3 years taking MMA classes.

Ok? Go for it.

Again..none of that matters in relation to the topic at hand and you idiotic statements on the last few pages.

How'd the interview with Miek Webster go?

I wish you understood the argument.
So does he.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
This thread died down fairly quickly....why is that? A victory for rational, perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.