Connor Cook has a private workout scheduled with Bears

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think it is possible to package our 3rd RD pick and a 5 or 6 to move back into the bottom of 2nd RD to grab him. I wouldn't want to use our 2nd RD pick for him.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I like cook. We have a more realistic shot at drafting him than the other qb'so (Unless San Francisco goes full Special person and likes Gabert)

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
Would be a solid 2nd round pick although prefer a FS like Darian Thomson as I mentioned in the safety thread

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I like Cook too. He has played in a complex Pro-style offense; Has a very quick release, he is good at reading defenses and making line adjustments. He also has shown he has AMAZING accuracy, but is inconsistent on short thows. If he can get his footwork squared away his accuracy should improve.

Here are some Facts from PFF

Accuracy percentage on deep (20+ yard) passes was BEST in the draft class at 59.4 percent.
He was excellent on third down. Overall grade of +16.8 tied for best in the class.
Outstanding in the 21-30 yard range. His +15.4 grade led the class
Had the highest accuracy percentage on passes that were thrown into “tight” coverage

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I like cook. We have a more realistic shot at drafting him than the other qb'so (Unless San Francisco goes full Special person and likes Gabert)

You definitely have a type.

What do you like about Cook?

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
I'm not looking forward to all the Jay media hate being transferred over to Cook. Jay is not a bad guy but league wide he is viewed as a bad guy. lol. I would be very happy with Cook. He can sit and learn before getting thrown in the fire. Exactly what we need.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
pretty impressive stats. He could very well be gone before 41 tho. broncos, boys, chargers even giants could all take him

The biggest knock on him is he wasn't voted Team Captain. According to everything that has been said by his teammates who voted and coaches it had nothing to do with him as a teammate, his personality, or any discipline issues. It was because the team had a very strong core of seniors. The other thing is his completion percentage is a little bit lower then you would like to see. The reason is he takes a lot of chances, but they have paid off with his winning percentage.

KCbear

Liked Posts:
The biggest knock on him is he wasn't voted Team Captain. According to everything that has been said by his teammates who voted and coaches it had nothing to do with him as a teammate, his personality, or any discipline issues. It was because the team had a very strong core of seniors. The other thing is his completion percentage is a little bit lower then you would like to see. The reason is he takes a lot of chances, but they have paid off with his winning percentage.

I don't buy this for a second, they would have us believe that a 4 year starter, upperclassman and "one of the best qbs in college football" wasn't voted team captain because they had a strong core of seniors? No. I don't believe it.

Edit: Not that you can't be a good football player and not be a leader, but do you really want to go through that again?

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't buy this for a second, they would have us believe that a 4 year starter, upperclassman and "one of the best qbs in college football" wasn't voted team captain because they had a strong core of seniors? No. I don't believe it.

Edit: Not that you can't be a good football player and not be a leader, but do you really want to go through that again?

Well, why do you think he wasn't the team captain? Are you suggestion that the team is lying? Why hasn't at least 1 player said something remotely negative? Why don't you look up who the team captains were and debunk the myth. I know it is easy to ride the same media rumor train that got half the people to believe Aaron Donald was 3/4" to short to PLAY in the NFL.

Think about what you are saying for a minute... its kinda silly actually.
If he blew of meetings and wasn't there for his team -- That's a red flag
If he always kept to himself and seemed uncomfortable with his teammates -- That's a red flag
If he acted like he was better then his teammates and snubbed them (Jimmy Clausen)-- That's a red flag
If he found out he wasn't team captain and took a fit -- That's a red flag

If he accepted the fact that their are other GREAT leaders on the team, but continued to practice hard, show faith in teammates, and lead his team in the huddle on game day despite not winning the popularity contest... then that show he is a good leader.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This explains so much...

I think the reason to like him is pretty obvious why you would want him. He will be the best QB available when we draft in the 2nd or later RD and the team is QB needy. A wise man once said you cant win if you don't play. Why do you not like Cook as a 2nd or 3rd RD pick to sit a year or two...

thenewguy

Liked Posts:

Here's a scout explaining why he wasn't a team captain and why it isn't a problem. This article also states that some teams have him #2 on their QB board and have been keeping it quiet, but there is a good chance Cook ends up going in the first. He's being overlooked by the media.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer...-is-talking-about-wont-last-long-in-nfl-draft

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think the reason to like him is pretty obvious why you would want him. He will be the best QB available when we draft in the 2nd or later RD and the team is QB needy. A wise man once said you cant win if you don't play. Why do you not like Cook as a 2nd or 3rd RD pick to sit a year or two...

I like him as much as I like Hackensuck.... which ain't much. After the top 3 there isn't much out there IMO.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I like him as much as I like Hackensuck.... which ain't much. After the top 3 there isn't much out there IMO.

Thanks for sharing your reasoning, that explains a lot. It's more of a popularity or gut feeling for you then?