Corey Crawford Appreciation Thread

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
You know... I hate to say it, but he may not be the best defender or skater, but Brookbank out there and willing to drop the gloves (along with Bolig who got a deep tissue kidney massage that was not called) seemed to be a bit of a deterant of some of the chippy stuff by the non-goons on the other side. Pollack and such still had their asshattery but it seemed like the extracurricular was less overall from the other side. Of course that has a lot to do with the edicts of the refs but still.</p>

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MassHavoc" data-cid="226876" data-time="1398184606">
<div>

You know... I hate to say it, but he may not be the best defender or skater, but Brookbank out there and willing to drop the gloves (along with Bolig who got a deep tissue kidney massage that was not called) seemed to be a bit of a deterant of some of the chippy stuff by the non-goons on the other side. Pollack and such still had their asshattery but it seemed like the extracurricular was less overall from the other side. Of course that has a lot to do with the edicts of the refs but still.</p>

</p>

Backes being gone may have contributed to that as well.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MassHavoc" data-cid="226876" data-time="1398184606">
<div>

</div>
</blockquote>

nope agree havoc. </p>

</p>

All assholeness aside. Brookbank actually is one of the most dependable blueliners we could have in that low slot. Because he's not a 4 million dollar blueliner we all rip on him way to much when he errors on the offensive end of the game which is completely unfair to even expect anything offensive from him. I don't mind having brookbank out there when the games on the line. Don't want him out there when the team needs goals but i'll take him to protect leads over a guy like Oduya this year. </p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Canadian Dreamalchuk" data-cid="226889" data-time="1398193382">
<div>

nope agree havoc. </p>

</p>

All assholeness aside. Brookbank actually is one of the most dependable blueliners we could have in that low slot. Because he's not a 4 million dollar blueliner we all rip on him way to much when he errors on the offensive end of the game which is completely unfair to even expect anything offensive from him. I don't mind having brookbank out there when the games on the line. Don't want him out there when the team needs goals but i'll take him to protect leads over a guy like Oduya this year. </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

I think the real problem with having Seabrook out we saw last night for sure, and it wasn't on the defensive end. He is able to generate so much action with his offensive positioning or his big shot from the point. He spreads opposing D's out becuase they are forced to pay attention to him. And last night we saw the result... a flukie goal and not a whole lot of other stuff going on but bad misses and desperate throws at the net. Not all of it of course, but a lot more than usual.</p>

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MassHavoc" data-cid="226912" data-time="1398199175">
<div>

I think the real problem with having Seabrook out we saw last night for sure, and it wasn't on the defensive end. He is able to generate so much action with his offensive positioning or his big shot from the point. He spreads opposing D's out becuase they are forced to pay attention to him. And last night we saw the result... a flukie goal and not a whole lot of other stuff going on but bad misses and desperate throws at the net. Not all of it of course, but a lot more than usual.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Th thing is the offense in general didn't look much better in game 1 or the game 2 highlights, so while Seabs may have an impact, I think it's less than the team O needing to give themselves a collective rectal craniectomy.</p>

</p>

Maybe I'm off base and St Louis' D is really good enough to shut down an injured Kane, Sharp, Hossa, Saad, etc. but my frostes side sees how they usually have played historically and how they play right now and something is way off in the brain department.</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Except he had 2 goals and 2 assists in two games which I believe lead the team in both as well as being a plus 1 in two losses. Just saying.

genefoley

Liked Posts:
hawks may be in trouble once the Wild start targeting Corey's Glove Hand</p>

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
To be honest...any goalie can win the cup behind this team...with Q as the coach

6mil is way too much

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="pmxzus" data-cid="229593" data-time="1400043050">
<div>

To be honest...any goalie can win the cup behind this team...with Q as the coach

6mil is way too much</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

</p>

.......</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

.........</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

...........</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

6jMwVc0.gif
</p>

BiscuitintheBasket

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-time="1400043226" data-cid="229596" data-author="Grimsäväinen">

im so sick of this fucking unproven goalie</p></blockquote>
No shit, where's Khabby? Huet beat the Canadians.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hows that Crawford chant feel now Wild fans?</p>

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Crawford FINALLY got under 2.00 GAA for this post season?</p>

</p>

It took him quite a bit of of luck over those 12 games to FINALLY get under 2.00.</p>

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="winos5" data-cid="229634" data-time="1400076385">
<div>

Hows that Crawford chant feel now Wild fans?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Those morons were chanting that in the first period even though they were down 1-0. Douchebags.</p>

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Tater" data-cid="229654" data-time="1400080807">

Those morons were chanting that in the first period even though they were down 1-0. Douchebags.</p></blockquote>

Maybe it's hard for those slow brain retards in Minnesota to pronounce Bryzgalov?

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Grimsäväinen" data-cid="181187" data-time="1359300029">
<div>

Thank you for putting up Vezina like numbers so far this year.

Thank you for bailing out your team when they've been awful.

1.99 GAA

.923 SV%

Keep on truckin big guy, I was definitely a doubter your whole career and hope that you prove me wrong.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="pmxzus" data-cid="181322" data-time="1359389144">
<div>

Ton's mom ties my ties too</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Man look who started this thread... what an amazing human being.</p>

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
Crawford's career playoff numbers.</p>

</p>

29-19</p>

2.02 GAA</p>

.926 SV%</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Grimsäväinen" data-cid="229667" data-time="1400087686">
<div>

Crawford's career playoff numbers.</p>

</p>

29-19</p>

2.02 GAA</p>

.926 SV%</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

He's  no John Gibson</p>