Could WR Kieren Duncan Pace's next UDFA "steal"(Article).

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
With the speed and explosion, why don't blacks dominate hockey and soccer? One sport requires a financial committment (hockey) but not all blacks are poor. There should still be a higher % in the top ranks than what is now what, less than 1%. The other can be played on the streets as a kid with nothing but a single ball amongst the group like basketball.

I remember when Howard Cosell got the boot for the mentioning the genetic aspects of it. Times have changed.

It's not culturally woven into blacks to play hockey. If they would have put on skates at a young age, they would be filling the NHL as well.

Burrberry

Liked Posts:
With the speed and explosion, why don't blacks dominate hockey and soccer? One sport requires a financial committment (hockey) but not all blacks are poor. There should still be a higher % in the top ranks than what is now what, less than 1%. The other can be played on the streets as a kid with nothing but a single ball amongst the group like basketball.

I remember when Howard Cosell got the boot for the mentioning the genetic aspects of it. Times have changed.

Blacks don't feel any cultural ties with hockey. There's not a point of reference for most families. If you're not working on the skating during those formative years where you have infinite time to waste(Like ages 8-16) most will be too far behind the game to catch up(Especially when there are oodles of Canadian kids that grew up with the sport and still suck at skating and never played a minute on ice *coughKYLEBEACHcough*).

Same thing for Soccer except I feel like even the white kids that play soccer are just a percent of the percent and not the best athletes. If you're a young impressionable American kid talking about Steph Curry or Cam Newton during lunch time is gonna be a much hotter topic than Clint Dempsey. Even if we did get the LeBron James, Devin Hester type athletes to play for the USA from a young age our development is still so far behind countries with the real passion to play soccer. Kids forego school and do nothing, but ball at some team's academy for years. Having to work yourself up through each team, or the academy doesn't even bother with you and just goes on to the next kid. We aren't THAT cutthroat with our kids just to produce national level players(Unless you have the money to send your kid to IMG Academy or something similar).

CubsWin

Liked Posts:
Soccer and hockey require some very specific skills. Its kind of like hitting a baseball. Being a speed/explosive athlete doesn't hurt, but it doesn't really guarantee success.

Some people bemoan/think that blacks are under-represented in baseball because they dominate football and basketball, but baseball is a very different game. If "athleticism" is kind of plateaued in baseball, then there is no reason to expect blacks being represented at a rate/percentage greater than the general population. In terms of specific strategy and baseball, the stolen base is pretty worthless and MLB managers have FINALLY figured out that it makes sense to position your fielders in response to the specific batter...so a general athletic trait like "speed" isn't all that desireable in the MLB.

Soccer in the US is funny to me. So much of the game is skill on the ball and overall conditioning. The US public just thinks we can put 11 black guys on the field and dominate the game, but speed/explosion is just a small part of excelling at soccer. You have countries that put their entire male population in soccer academies at age 4. The skill level they acquire is unbelievable.

Compare that to football, where simply being big/strong/fast can make you a great player. So many success stories of guys who didn't start playing football until their junior or senior year in high school and then went on to a HOF career in the NFL. If you are a soccer player and you don't start playing soccer until high school, you are about 10-15 years behind the European and South American players.

Good post. Interesting fact: The last eight Olympic Games every single finalist in the 100 meters (pure speed event) have been blacks of West African descent. That's the last 64 finalists. (8 in each final). 497 of the top 500 times of all time in the 100 meters have been of West African ancestry.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't know what youth sports leagues you were in, but if there happened to be a black kid on the opposing youth football team, he would invariably rush for about 350 yards and score 6 TDs. I remember playing against this kid named Koko Blaylock who was untouchable. His brother Anthony ended up starting at CB for the Browns for a number of years and actually ended his NFL career with the Bears (who didn't in those days?).

On the whole, blacks are better athletes than whites. Centuries of genetic breeding and so forth. Sorry if this is news to CCS.

I am sorry but I do not believe that as a matter of fact. I think that genetics does play certainly a large role into the make-up of an athlete but that on the average, at ten years old lets say, kids are pretty equal in terms of over-all athleticism. Many just get pigeon holed into a particular category very early on.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I am sorry but I do not believe that as a matter of fact. I think that genetics does play certainly a large role into the make-up of an athlete but that on the average, at ten years old lets say, kids are pretty equal in terms of over-all athleticism. Many just get pigeon holed into a particular category very early on.

It is widely known that black people are more likely to be ingrained with mesomorph genetics than white people. Asians have it the worst. To this day, there has only been 1 ever Vietnamese NFL player.

dawags

Liked Posts:
Run a curl behind the land mine and I'll fake it to ya.

RisWell01

Liked Posts:
They are all starting caliber players in the league. They are not backups at their position.

Not that i would call most of them superstars or pro bowlers, but I would call them good starters.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
That list does suck outside of Nelson. Edleman is is decent in NE system with Brady running the show.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I don't think that it was Cosell. It was Jimmy the Greek. Cosell got in trouble when he said of a kick returner..look at that little monkey running around the field:(

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don't think that it was Cosell. It was Jimmy the Greek. Cosell got in trouble when he said of a kick returner..look at that little monkey running around the field:(

You shouldn't call black people monkey.... they get offended...

CubsWin

Liked Posts:

As a kid, I remember that game very well. Cosell made the comment about Redskins WR Alvin Garrett after he made a reception. He said, "that little monkey gets loose, doesn't he?" I remember thinking it was an odd comment, but yeah Garrett does seem kind of monkey-like. Not because of his race, but because he was small and kind of spindly and quick.

Jimmy the Greek was interviewed at a restaurant and I always thought maybe he had too much to drink when he made his comments. He said blacks were better athletes because slave-owners bred them that way or something like that.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Football and basketball are sports in which many players do not need to be great athletes as much as being big. Hitting a baseball is the most difficult thing in any sport to do in my estimation. That is why I became a pitcher and coached pitching throughout my life. Soccer and Hockey do not require great size although if one can be bigger and still skilled they will dominate. Of all of the major sports, I select Hockey as the hardest to master other than hitting a baseball. Truly I do not know how they can do what they do going so fast on skates. To me it is really the ultimate test of balance, timing and skill.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
More blacks would play the game if they had access to baseball fields which is hard to do in the cities. I was a part for awhile of a group of volunteer coaches who participated in academies who gave coaching to a lot of minority kids who were provided first class playing fields, equipment, and competition to these inner city guys. In my experience, it doesn't matter what race a kid is, hitting a baseball it very tough and no race has an advantage. Skill sports know no racial advantage.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
More blacks would play the game if they had access to baseball fields which is hard to do in the cities. I was a part for awhile of a group of volunteer coaches who participated in academies who gave coaching to a lot of minority kids who were provided first class playing fields, equipment, and competition to these inner city guys. In my experience, it doesn't matter what race a kid is, hitting a baseball it very tough and no race has an advantage. Skill sports know no racial advantage.

You should add racist back into ur sig

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You shouldn't call black people monkey.... they get offended...

I corrected someone's statement. I get offended by virtually everything that you say and do. Why? Because I know what you do and others also know.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
As a kid, I remember that game very well. Cosell made the comment about Redskins WR Alvin Garrett after he made a reception. He said, "that little monkey gets loose, doesn't he?" I remember thinking it was an odd comment, but yeah Garrett does seem kind of monkey-like. Not because of his race, but because he was small and kind of spindly and quick.

Jimmy the Greek was interviewed at a restaurant and I always thought maybe he had too much to drink when he made his comments. He said blacks were better athletes because slave-owners bred them that way or something like that.

Yeah. He was probably drunk. But guess what? What he said is pretty much the exact same thing that genetics people nowadays are saying about the issue. That really is a problem with what people say in this country. Criticize anyone of a minority and you are a racist. In the Greek's case, he was a white guy talking about the historical facts of slavers breeding the biggest strongest male with the biggest dominant woman. He said nothing about it being a good thing. It was just history.

What is also bad about what happened to Howard Cosell was that he was one of the biggest champions of blacks in society as most Jewish people are. So, here is watching a scatterback wind his way on a kick-off saying that he liked a monkey darting in and out. And he got vilified for it by the social media as did the Greek.

Personally, I think that in this day and age that what people did two hundred years ago has little to do with who succeeds in sports. I fail to understand how a slave owner who takes two big strong adults and "mates" them has a shit to do with some kid born to black parents. It just doesn't make sense.