Could you GM the Bears?

Bears93

Liked Posts:
Of course I could, I can almost always make the Super Bowl on madden. Lol just kidding. I feel like most people don't realize that even the most disrespected gm's around the league still know more than any of us. I'd be scared to see if I was ever given the job what I'd end up doing. Hell, maybe I should apply for Packers gm. ?

Monster

Liked Posts:
LOL... most people on this board would get that first multi hundred thousand dollar paycheck and disappear for a month... then come back and go... Fired... who cares... did you see the zeros on the fucking paycheck... holy shit... I took a selfie with it on face book...

Liked Posts:
If all it took to be a GM was watching youtube clips, searching on google, and following the combine I would make an AMAZING Bears GM. The better question is how many wanna be GM's (myself included) could get the job done without using google and youtube as your primary source of information?

Exactly.

Are you sure some don't?

WCL

Organ Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why is it no surprise this thread is 29 pages ? Anyway, most people couldn't GM a lemonade stand much less an NFL team.

Bullshit. I'm positive that I could GM a lemonade stand.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Phil didn't have anywhere near that made up résumé you just posted. He spent was a regional scout from 1998-2004. Director of college scouting from 2004-2008 for Atlanta. 2008 back to scout and then to KC as director of scouting till Bears.

Good, but not near 20 years as an executive.

Phil came to the team and his whole staff was in place as I recall. He didn't have to build from scratch. He hired a new coaching staff in his second year and still didn't make many FO changes.

I also disagree that as to my total lack of knowledge, that is an exaggeration. I know some things about football.

Well the bottom line to Phil is with all his experience, he's never gotten a team to the SB or won a SB.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
The bears are much better off than they were when he first arrived if you look at something other than record...

OK.......lets stop RIGHT HERE.

The record and winning is all the matters. Getting to a SB and winning is ultimately all that matters. Therefore, how can we be looking at "something other than record" as u say? That's a rhetorical question, BTW. No answer is necessary. I don't know if u realize it, but emery was fired cuz of his "record"