Cowherd vid on Trubisky.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I think both optimists and pessimists can probably agree with this for the most part, right?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dDxky6waWa4

Yeah....can't disagree. Year2 and they're not trusting MT to make plays when we have the lead. Now once again, as in past yrs. ..... if he goes down we have nothing behind him. There's no competition at the Qb position. Same story every yr.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I agree with it. My rebuttal to the off script/on script thing would be - Mitch doesn't have the experience and also doesn't know the offense well enough to be good off script. Of course Rodgers is going to be better off script because he's the best, is a veteran and knows the offense like the back of his hand. Hopefully we see Mitch progress as he gets more familiar with the offense and new players.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I'm not a fan of Cowherd, I think he's a dick, but you can't argue with the numbers, Mitch shit the bed in the 4th quarter.

45.5 comp %
36 yards
53.6 rating

Cowherd is probably right about the coaching staff not trusting Mole-Eye, would you?

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
I can't bring myself to watch cowherd. It's kinda all click bait on a scale just half a step above La Confora IMO. I don't care what he says.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
I disagree. He's saying that Nagy's playcalling in the 2nd half indicates that the Bears don't trust Trubisky. This isn't true, that playcalling is Nagy's style, and he's made the mistake of going overly conservative in the passing game before, I really don't think it has anything to do with who his QB is.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
wow dont usually listen to this guy and now i remember why...This guy makes it sound like the whole half is scripted, andy reid did script his plays and other coaches as well but when scripting plays its generally 7-10 plays...Nice generalization on smith not playing as well in the 2nd half, im sure there were no factors like trailing in games, having a different play caller in the 2nd half of games. I'm sure none of that had any effect on smith's numbers.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think both optimists and pessimists can probably agree with this for the most part, right?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dDxky6waWa4

Not entirely. If that were the case, we'd have just run like crazy against a lack LBs. Short passes and screens is part of how that O runs clock. It was too much part of Monday's. Nagy needs to remember that KC ran the ball a lot as well. The Bear didn't bring in this receiving crew because they don't thin Mitch can throw. None of us know where Mitch will end up but Cohwerd is adding 1+1 and coming up with 3.
Cowherd called him MVP last year.
Cowherd is about :drama:

JUSTWIN

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Well, I think it will be evident if they keep playing small ball with Trubisky. From the preseason till now, I have seen a lot more small ball than the so called "aggressive" style that Nagy's been yapping about.

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
Packers were getting exposed for three quarters the Bears let em off the hook, Team loss. Seahawks fans reading this understand.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
It's evident this coaching staff doesn't quite yet trust Trubs to go off-script. They designed and over-used to many underneath and short yardage gimmick throws. At the same time, trust takes time. As the season goes on I believe Mitch will slowly be given more and more trust. The staff needs to get a better feel for Mitch and learn each other's strength and weaknesses. Sometime's those strength and weaknesses can only be seen during live game action.

For example, I think Mitch is good on the run, good passing in the seam, and is better when he is able to naturally play the game as opposed to going all scripted or over-committed to the run. Once the staff gets more game film and is able to study Mitch, they will be able to utlize his strengths more.

Also, the same goes for the relationship between Mitch and his receiving corp. The WR group is filled with plenty of talent, but it takes some in-game experience together for trust and rapport to be built. After some time I'm sure Mitch will be throwing more 50/50s to Robinson, looking for Gabriel on a quick slant, and leading Miller on the deep ball, but these things take time, trust, and developed timing..

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
How much of that is conservative playcalling. Its easy to say he didnt make throws down field, but if he was asked to play reserved and from all observations he was then why is that his fault?

He did go down field early and was accurate on those passes.

I'm sorry but the offense became predictable and vanilla... too early to make this statement

JUSTWIN

BANNED
Liked Posts:
I can’t wait for Monday night. All this over reaction over 1 game is beyond ridiculous at this point. Yes, Trubisky played like shit in the second half. But people think this past Sunday was the beginning of the end for Trubisky when it’s more than likely a small bump in the road. I expect him to play well against Seattle.

What's well? Give me the stat line.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
He lost me when he got to the Giants focus on offensive players and especially the top RB means they don't trust Manning. That's when I shut it off, he was talking out of his ass.
The Giants may not trust Manning because of last year but getting good offensive players isn't because they don't trust him. That's as much for the next QB as it is this one.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
How much of that is conservative playcalling. Its easy to say he didnt make throws down field, but if he was asked to play reserved and from all observations he was then why is that his fault?

He did go down field early and was accurate on those passes.

I'm sorry but the offense became predictable and vanilla... too early to make this statement

I really hate agreeing with that idiot Cowherd but that was kind of his point. The conservative play calling is a result of Nagy not trusting Mitch.

The real question is, does Nagy not trust Mitch because he has seen him try to throw downfield and Nagy thinks Mitch isn't very good at it? That is not a statement, it is a question. If Sunday night was a one time thing, and it stops happening, then Cowherd is the idiot I always thought he was, if it keeps happening, that would suck.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can’t wait for Monday night. All this over reaction over 1 game is beyond ridiculous at this point. Yes, Trubisky played like shit in the second half. But people think this past Sunday was the beginning of the end for Trubisky when it’s more than likely a small bump in the road. I expect him to play well against Seattle.

I was going to breakdown every play from Trubisky’s final drive, as it was quite horrendous. But I’m not posting it due to the abundance of negativity. I know a lot of big Trubisky fans are on the ledge, but they all need to take a breath and relax because it was 1 half of football. All qb’s have clunkers once in a while, get back to me after Trubisky looks like this over a 4 game stretch. I’m not worried at all at this point in time.