Cowherd vid on Trubisky.

JUSTWIN

BANNED
Liked Posts:
I can’t wait for Monday night. All this over reaction over 1 game is beyond ridiculous at this point. Yes, Trubisky played like shit in the second half. But people think this past Sunday was the beginning of the end for Trubisky when it’s more than likely a small bump in the road. I expect him to play well against Seattle.

I was going to breakdown every play from Trubisky’s final drive, as it was quite horrendous. But I’m not posting it due to the abundance of negativity. I know a lot of big Trubisky fans are on the ledge, but they all need to take a breath and relax because it was 1 half of football. All qb’s have clunkers once in a while, get back to me after Trubisky looks like this over a 4 game stretch. I’m not worried at all at this point in time.

Do your thing, Adi. We LOVE your breakdowns regardless. Also, give me the stat line you think for Trubs on MNF.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I can’t wait for Monday night. All this over reaction over 1 game is beyond ridiculous at this point. Yes, Trubisky played like shit in the second half. But people think this past Sunday was the beginning of the end for Trubisky when it’s more than likely a small bump in the road. I expect him to play well against Seattle.

I was going to breakdown every play from Trubisky’s final drive, as it was quite horrendous. But I’m not posting it due to the abundance of negativity. I know a lot of big Trubisky fans are on the ledge, but they all need to take a breath and relax because it was 1 half of football. All qb’s have clunkers once in a while, get back to me after Trubisky looks like this over a 4 game stretch. I’m not worried at all at this point in time.

I already covered that, one post before yours.

If Sunday night was a one time thing, and it stops happening, then Cowherd is the idiot I always thought he was, if it keeps happening, that would suck.

Post the breakdown, are there guys that are so sensitive they couldn't handle to see what actually happened?

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cowherd is awful, regardless of who he is talking about

Menchifus

Liked Posts:
Does this mean Nagy didn't trust veteran Alex Smith either? I seriously doubt that. It's not a matter of Nagy not trusting Trubs. I think Nagy's style is just that. He doesn't like risk in the 2nd half, especially with a lead.

I don't mind playing conservative in the 2nd half with a big lead. But I'd rather they run the ball than do short passes. We have a great tandem in Howard and Cohen. Surely we can rely on those guys to hold the lead.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

I think it has more to do with him not showing us much of anything so far. He's been really meh. Hasn't had one game where you can go back to and say, "yeah, that's our guy."

Zerovoltz

Liked Posts:
Does this mean Nagy didn't trust veteran Alex Smith either? I seriously doubt that. It's not a matter of Nagy not trusting Trubs. I think Nagy's style is just that. He doesn't like risk in the 2nd half, especially with a lead.

I don't mind playing conservative in the 2nd half with a big lead. But I'd rather they run the ball than do short passes. We have a great tandem in Howard and Cohen. Surely we can rely on those guys to hold the lead.

Here is the thing....Go back to the Chiefs loss in the playoffs last season where we had gotten off to a nice lead and then didn't score in the second half and we lost to the Titans. The media and fan reaction was to blame the playcalling. How can you not score in the second half? Reid/Nagy took the foot off the pedal.

Easy to say without examining it further. When you actually go back and watch the game, taking the time to see what was called and what happend, the plays that were called, weren't bad play calls. In the case of Kansas City, what you end up seeing is Alex Smith being safe with the football. Here is an article detailing the plays called and notes that NONE of the called plays were designed to be short, screens, horizontal passes, etc...also the usaged of Kareem Hunt was thought to be the problem...but he was used on about 40% of plays in the 2nd half...same as the 1st and same as his usage all season...https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2018...ths-the-chiefs-second-half-offensive-failures

I suspect what happened to the Bears is also what happened to the Chiefs...the QB, simply didn't want to be the guy who lost the game after building up a good sized leed....and wouldn't make a play....or rather, wouldn't risk a turnover to make a play. Alex Smith is FAMOUS in KC for taking a 3rd and 8, where a good play is called...and he ruins it by holding onto the ball, gaining 3 yards and we punt. It looks GREAT on a passer rating stat sheet...not an incompletion, not a fumble, not an INT and not an incompletion. 3 yard rush. The stat sheet says Alex did good. He actually ruined A LOT of good plays by simply being safe when the situation called for him to make a play.

For your sake, you need to hope this is what Trubisky is doing AND that your coaches recognize it and correct it. IF they are coaching him to play NOT TO LOSE, you are in trouble.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
I think it has more to do with him not showing us much of anything so far. He's been really meh. Hasn't had one game where you can go back to and say, "yeah, that's our guy."

Nothing like a home crowd and a suspect defense to help your confidence. If the Seahawks game goes like this one and he looks like Tommy Boy getting swarmed by bees again, then I'm going to get worried.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
*bleep* you man for posting this video that I have to grudgingly agree with. I still think it's too early to write him off though. Let's see where he is at the end of the season.

It is too early to write him off. He needs a full season in this offense to progress, and he needs to progress consistently.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Here is the thing....Go back to the Chiefs loss in the playoffs last season where we had gotten off to a nice lead and then didn't score in the second half and we lost to the Titans. The media and fan reaction was to blame the playcalling. How can you not score in the second half? Reid/Nagy took the foot off the pedal.

Easy to say without examining it further. When you actually go back and watch the game, taking the time to see what was called and what happend, the plays that were called, weren't bad play calls. In the case of Kansas City, what you end up seeing is Alex Smith being safe with the football. Here is an article detailing the plays called and notes that NONE of the called plays were designed to be short, screens, horizontal passes, etc...also the usaged of Kareem Hunt was thought to be the problem...but he was used on about 40% of plays in the 2nd half...same as the 1st and same as his usage all season...https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2018...ths-the-chiefs-second-half-offensive-failures

I suspect what happened to the Bears is also what happened to the Chiefs...the QB, simply didn't want to be the guy who lost the game after building up a good sized leed....and wouldn't make a play....or rather, wouldn't risk a turnover to make a play. Alex Smith is FAMOUS in KC for taking a 3rd and 8, where a good play is called...and he ruins it by holding onto the ball, gaining 3 yards and we punt. It looks GREAT on a passer rating stat sheet...not an incompletion, not a fumble, not an INT and not an incompletion. 3 yard rush. The stat sheet says Alex did good. He actually ruined A LOT of good plays by simply being safe when the situation called for him to make a play.

For your sake, you need to hope this is what Trubisky is doing AND that your coaches recognize it and correct it. IF they are coaching him to play NOT TO LOSE, you are in trouble.

Screens and Gabriel 4 yards in that backfield are called plays. The passes to Sims are 3 1st downs not converted due to Sims. Bad calls because they featured Sims too much but those were good throws. Mitch definitely played it a bit too tight to the vest but the play calling was shit, absolute shit. How do you not run Howard more against a D that pulled LBs when you have that lead. 3rd and less than 2 when you want to eat clock in scoring range and you throw for a long TD? WTF. They were going for the quick TD toss instead of the safe play. Poor call but big boy stuff. Not a lack of trust.

Mitch's last drive was shit. The rest was not shit but clearly too variable. The last play call of the game stunned me and it showed the trust you need in your QB to call that. I didn't like the call but it was what you call for a QB that you are no longer protecting. This goes back to the play calling. Nagy looking for big plays when he needed to move the chains and was too conservative with the pass and not running enough when he needed to run clock. If you didn't see Nagy call for big plays by the QB at critical points in the game, you just don't know the game. That Mitch wasn't successful is a bit of an issue but Nagy took the training wheels off. The biggest issue in this game was really poor calls and sequencing by Nagy. It was jaw droppingly bad and we still almost won.

None of this is to say Mitch played well, he didn't but it wasn't about this narrative as the play calls don't support it.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
I really hate agreeing with that idiot Cowherd but that was kind of his point. The conservative play calling is a result of Nagy not trusting Mitch.

The real question is, does Nagy not trust Mitch because he has seen him try to throw downfield and Nagy thinks Mitch isn't very good at it? That is not a statement, it is a question. If Sunday night was a one time thing, and it stops happening, then Cowherd is the idiot I always thought he was, if it keeps happening, that would suck.

I don't think this is true. Nagy did the same thing with the Chiefs last year when a big game was on the line. He may want to hold back somewhat, but I think overall it wanted to play if safe with the lead.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

Perspective combined with knowledge of how things work in the NFL... Nice post... It doesn’t surprise me what goes on around here. I meet a lot of people that love football but really don’t know that much about it. I go to every Bears regular season home game and one roadie. I meet a ton of flaming meatballs and also some amazing, knowledgeable fans too. This place is a microcosm of that. The problem with most fans is how hot and cold they react. Team wins, everything is great... Team loses, everything sucks... Team loses to Green Bay, nuclear winter...

mecha

Liked Posts:
he hasn't reached Jimmy Pickles/Mike Glennon level epic fail. if he could play with the same gusto Josh McCown or dare I say even Brian Hoyer did, then we might be onto something. right now he's at like a Rex Grossman "oh shit" level. the fact we've had so many terrible quarterbacks in the last 5 years is incredible, and I even left one out, cause I believe like several others he would've actually won that shit.

check that: 10 years. I'll just throw Todd Collins (THE ULTIMATE) and Jason Campbell into the mix too.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't think this is true. Nagy did the same thing with the Chiefs last year when a big game was on the line. He may want to hold back somewhat, but I think overall it wanted to play if safe with the lead.

True but they ran more. We had 62 plays outside of kicking. At least 40 of them were called passes. Howard had a 5.5yd average and we ran him 15 times. Cohen ran 5 times and he was at 5ypc. We had a lead, they had more DBs out there and we had run calls about 1/3 of the plays. Think about that. You have a big lead with Howard and Cohen and you run the ball 1/3rd of the time. Never mind, Nagy doesn't trust Mitch. Got it.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
Perspective combined with knowledge of how things work in the NFL... Nice post... It doesn’t surprise me what goes on around here. I meet a lot of people that love football but really don’t know that much about it. I go to every Bears regular season home game and one roadie. I meet a ton of flaming meatballs and also some amazing, knowledgeable fans too. This place is a microcosm of that. The problem with most fans is how hot and cold they react. Team wins, everything is great... Team loses, everything sucks... Team loses to Green Bay, nuclear winter...

I watched the every trubisky throw and I think most of the game he did what they apparently wanted him to do. Did he leave some on the board...for sure, but it wasn't like we had stellar O line play...there was penetration on almost every play. He did seem to come unnerved late but he has displayed a fighting spirit in that situation last year. It could have been the national audience, that will probably be fine when he's only on MNF and not on TNF lol.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Of course they don't trust him yet.

Trust takes time.

This was there first live bullets game together.

I do not know about you guys, but I do not really trust co-workers or employees till we have been through some stuff together.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I agree.

I think Nagy got tight in the 3rd quarter because he thought he could sneak out a win on the road that no one thought they could. It burnt him in the end because he has not played against Aaron Rodgers.

Hopefully he doesn't get tight again.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
SugarWalls makes a huge point! I was saying that they were being super conservative with the play calling and then after the second time I watched the game, I thought to myself, “at least they’re not running every down”.

I was wrong on two fronts. 1.throwing isn’t as conservative as running the ball, so they could have been more conservative or untrustworthy according to this thread. 2.I hated watching all the run, run run or maybe a 4 yard throw to a fat tight end football the past 35 years or so that I gave that win right away because it’s hard to argue against having ran it every down in the second half after their first drive to go 20-0, they would have run out the clock on Rodgers!

That game still hurts. I don’t give a Shit if no one thought we should win that game or not.

That game was the epitome of today’s NFL, your best chance of winning is with a Great QB, regardless of the rest of the team. The Bears prove that you can have quite a bit of talent and if you don’t have a great qb, you can and probably will still lose to the Great QB with a less talented cast.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I'll reserve judgment until I see the research.