Cubs (11-17) vs. Atlanta Braves (18-11) 5/7-5/9 Series Discussion Thread

How many games do the Cubs win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
I expect Cardenas to get the start today at 3B since I am guessing Stewart is still sick. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get a few starts there until the illness bug passes the clubhouse. Expect defense to be a bit of an adventure at 3B. I am hoping he will see some regular at bats at second base once Stewart is healthy though.

Stewart did pinch hit yesterday and got a 1B, if he's good to go, I think Barney gets a day off.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Stewart did pinch hit yesterday and got a 1B, if he's good to go, I think Barney gets a day off.

I don't know if stewart is going to be healthy. Baker was "healthy" enough to stand on deck last night after being in the hospital the day before. I am going to guess that Careenas gets the nod at 3B today since apparently Stewart was really sick yesterday, at least according to comments from Sveum aftr the game.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
All I know is Cardenas should and I think will be in the line-up today.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cubs lineup vs. Braves 5/7: DeJesus RF, Campana CF, Castro SS, LaHair 1B, Stewart 3B, Johnson LF, Barney 2B, Soto C, Samardzija P

Cardenas probably comes off the bench as the first pinch-hitter.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
All right I was wrong. I am glad Stewart is healthy enough to play today because his bat is heating up, but I am just surprised with the quotes Sveum had about Stewart last night.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
All right I was wrong. I am glad Stewart is healthy enough to play today because his bat is heating up, but I am just surprised with the quotes Sveum had about Stewart last night.

Hyperbole to generate a hero narrative.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

:rolleyes: thats strong.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hyperbole to generate a hero narrative.

I suppose that is true. After all, he was saying earlier that day that the flu cost DeWitt's job.

Last edited:

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
good one.

Sent from Kepler 20f using Tapatalk

I thought it was nicer than suggesting you would be better off worrying about Mr. Perfect Game's ERA being higher than Chris Volstad's instead of quibbling with my choice of words describing a very good week at the plate for Ian Stewart.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I thought it was nicer than suggesting you would be better off worrying about Mr. Perfect Game's ERA being higher than Chris Volstad's instead of quibbling with my choice of words describing a very good week at the plate for Ian Stewart.
Give him his prune juice, he'll go right to sleep :troll:

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

ouch. you got me on that one. it hurts so much.

Sent from Kepler 20f using Tapatalk

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
cant-we-all-just-get-along.jpg

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Gameday suggests that Samardzija is pounding the corners early.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Had a hanging slider (!!!) called a strike but for the most part seems to be hitting the edges of the zone.