Cubs at Mets IST

CSF77

Liked Posts:
He is on the 40 man roster so he cant opt for FA

Got ya:

Six-Year Minor League Free Agents
According to MLB Rule 55, a minor leaguer is eligible to become a minor league free agent (MLFA) six years after his first season ends with an organization unless he is added to the club's 40-man roster during that span. For example, if a player was drafted in June of 2002 and signed in July of the same year, then his renewal seasons were 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, and 2008 and he would become a minor league free agent after the 2008 season.

An exception is made for any player who was released from his first organization prior to using up all six of his renewal options. When such a player signs with another club, the six-year clock starts from scratch. His new club technically has the option of signing him to as many years as they want up until the expiration of their sixth renewable contract. However, in most cases the new club will opt to sign him to a one-year deal, and even if the player has not had six full seasons he would become a MLFA after that season.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Still he would take up a 40 man spot and those will be becoming more valuable as Theo's picks start up welling.

I'm guessing if he doesn't make it as a bench player they will pull him off. Signing Bryant put him and Vitters in a insecure spot going forward.

Franko725

Liked Posts:
Poor Garza. Pitches one hell of a game, only to have Marmol come in and fuck it all up. They really just need to DFA his ass already, not like anyone is going to pick up his Special person contract anyway.

NavyBlue

Paul Heyman Guy
Donator
Liked Posts:
They have no reason to keep Marmol on this team anymore. Zero trade value whatsoever.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol Sveum isnt very smart as well! He will be gone soon enough

85Bears4life

Bears Hall Of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
9d2430640a75fad0f2af9babcc0a2860.png

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
Holy fucking Marmol! Sveum is an idiot!

Franko725

Liked Posts:
Lol Sveum isnt very smart as well! He will be gone soon enough

Gregg wasn't available today. Not like there are many options worth a damn in the bullpen right now. Nothing quite like giving up a GW HR to a guy that was batting like .100 this season entering today.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
gregg pitched 4 games in a row russell been used. so not like there were option

sveum gotta use what available and unfortunately marmol was all he had..

they just need to release his ass and bring in another arm

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
Gregg wasn't available today. Not like there are many options worth a damn in the bullpen right now. Nothing quite like giving up a GW HR to a guy that was batting like .100 this season entering today.

Considering Russell didn't have to throw many pitches in the eigth inning.

I guess he was out of gas to pitch the ninth.

The rewarding journey continues...............

patg006

Liked Posts:

Couldnt be Parker or Rondon?

Release him? Did you just say something......smart?

:clap:

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

Russel should have pitched the 9th. No questions asked. Marmol has shown to be a mental midget in the ninth. No excuse for putting in Marmol in the 9th. You want to pitch him. Do it in the 8th. Sveum is not a good in game manager. He has made horrible decisions his whole tenure. The platoons are really effing killing me still. I have said it since he was hired. He was a sacrifice while the Cubs rebuild and when they become close to competing they will hire someone else.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:

The school you dropped out of must have stressed the English language.

What a mess.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
lol at the hate for Svuem. I don't think he's a great coach, but he's sort of being asked to turn a shit sandwich into filet mignon.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
lol at the hate for Svuem. I don't think he's a great coach, but he's sort of being asked to turn a shit sandwich into filet mignon.

Its not the record. Its the poor in game managing. He makes bad decisions way more than a major league manager should. The players sucking is not his completely his fault. But, if they fail enough eventually you have to learn from it. He seems to not be doing that.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Its not the record. Its the poor in game managing. He makes bad decisions way more than a major league manager should. The players sucking is not his completely his fault. But, if they fail enough eventually you have to learn from it. He seems to not be doing that.

i agree he has made quite a few questionable decisions, but lets not forget that this is only his 2nd yr as a manager and he really hasnt had much of a roster to work it.

not saying he could end up being a real good manager one day, but its too early to say he never will be.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:

I think this needs to be moved to the "All Things Theo/Rickett's" board......LOL

i agree he has made quite a few questionable decisions, but lets not forget that this is only his 2nd yr as a manager and he really hasnt had much of a roster to work it.

not saying he could end up being a real good manager one day, but its too early to say he never will be.

And this one too.....LOL

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:

Here is a novel concept for you and one you clearly do not grasp.

This is the MAJOR LEAGUES.

It should not be used as development vehicle like you think and apologize for. That is what the minor leagues are used for.

You clearly are more suited to be a minor league fan than a major league fan.

If you enjoy prospects and development so much, go to where it should be taking place. Not the major leagues.

Last edited: