2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
Another outfielder? Why?

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Definitely a prime example of a guy just never getting a shot, for some reason. Had two tiny call-ups, one for the Indians a few years ago and one 4-game stint with the Yankees. A good career slash line in the minors with 20 homer potential and a decent glove. He was drafted out of high school, so my guess who be he's a guy who should've went to college and developed against better competition there. Either way, an interesting prospect. He's hit very well this year in AAA for the Yanks.

Another outfielder? Why?

I'm assuming as a platoon guy with Schierholtz in right? With Bogusevic on the DL, they need another OF. Not a bad move. Dolis got transfered to the 60-Day DL, so that clears a way for him to have a spot.

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
I'm assuming as a platoon guy with Schierholtz in right? With Bogusevic on the DL, they need another OF. Not a bad move. Dolis got transfered to the 60-Day DL, so that clears a way for him to have a spot.

Guess that makes sense with Bog and Sweeney on the DL. And didn't we just DFA Borbon as well? Will he actually play for the Cubs, or just be in the minors?

patg006

Liked Posts:
Guess that makes sense with Bog and Sweeney on the DL. And didn't we just DFA Borbon as well? Will he actually play for the Cubs, or just be in the minors?

I dont think Bugo or Borboun has much time left in a cubs uni.....expect a cut/release soon

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Theo is such a genius. Sure loves picking up other teams shit.

tumblr_lyu5mxgFEb1qzstjpo1_500.gif

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Another outfielder? Why?

My guess is he's a high minors guy where they are currently weak in the system. If he plays well he gives you depth in case of injury.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
they got him for depth, cause their probably going to try and make waiver deals with dejesus and or schierholtz and or promote a couple more Ofers up..

TL1961

Liked Posts:
So glad to see our resident naysayers didn't miss this.

A minor move, that every team makes at some point. But it isn't Willie Mays, so we have to bitch.

What did it cost? A huge FA contract? Prospects? Nothing.

They see a guy who they think MAY be better than he showed in short call ups. And if he isn't? No loss!!

But, of course, some bitch about it.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
So glad to see our resident naysayers didn't miss this.

A minor move, that every team makes at some point. But it isn't Willie Mays, so we have to bitch.

What did it cost? A huge FA contract? Prospects? Nothing.

They see a guy who they think MAY be better than he showed in short call ups. And if he isn't? No loss!!

But, of course, some bitch about it.

Glad to see our resident Ricki Lake couldn't help but report on her findings from the "Evil Empire".

This is a total garbage move and more unneccessary busy work for the rewarding journey ahead.

The American Pickers wouldn't even bat an eye our way and just drive on past.

Unless they are searching only for fresh human feces.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Glad to see our resident Ricki Lake couldn't help but report on her findings from the "Evil Empire".

This is a total garbage move and more unneccessary busy work for the rewarding journey ahead.

Sometimes you make really decent posts. This isn't one of them.

You know as well as the rest of us that the Cubs have to have players at every level of the minors...so here's a guy who's produced well in AAA ball, who we get for essentially nothing...I know you hate all things Theo, but this move is similar to moves that every team makes essentially every day. There's nothing bad about it. He's not going to put the Cubs over the top, but every player signed can't be that guy. Cheer up. :eek:

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Theo is such a genius. Sure loves picking up other teams shit.

Because no other team ever makes waiver claims to fill in for injuries or play a role on the ML roster after a DFA

More garbage. Guess our farm system isn't as strong as Keith Law states.

:obama: That does not relate to this move AT ALL.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:

I don't know why this board can't be more about who you like and why rather than why everyone else is wrong. *shrug*

[video=youtube;xzpndHtdl9A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzpndHtdl9A[/video]

TL1961

Liked Posts:

I don't consider it a move worthy of praise or ridicule.

You think EVERY move deserves ridicule.

There's no downside to this minor move. No loss if he doesn't work out.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
He's not going to put the Cubs over the top, but every player signed can't be that guy.

Every player signed by Theo to this point hasn't been anywhere close to that guy. Is it on purpose ? Or are they just plain chicken-shit to make a mistake ?

They've grown so consevative that they have become a joke themselves. They need to grow some fucking balls.

I'm tired of seeing more news such as this and nothing of any substance. Is it hate ? No. I'm tired of the meaningless bullshit that has defined this front office to date.

Every team does it. But most teams are not as bad as the Cubs. Big difference.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
I don't consider it a move worthy of praise or ridicule.

You think EVERY move deserves ridicule.

There's no downside to this minor move. No loss if he doesn't work out.

You are fucking right. Until they actually add something of substance to the ML ballclub and show an interest in winning ballgames with real talent on the field.

It's all bullshit and time wasted until then.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Every player signed by Theo to this point hasn't been anywhere close to that guy. Is it on purpose ? Or are they just plain chicken-shit to make a mistake ?

They've grown so consevative that they have become a joke themselves. They need to grow some fucking balls.

I'm tired of seeing more news such as this and nothing of any substance. Is it hate ? No. I'm tired of the meaningless bullshit that has defined this front office to date.

Every team does it. But most teams are not as bad as the Cubs. Big difference.

:obama: