Cubs claim Yankee's Neal off waivers

patg006

Liked Posts:
These are insignificant moves to try and help a ballclub through a painful transition. Gee Whiz.

It's not like they've made the problem themselves.

How does signing a boner help a ballclub through painful transition?

Just keep Scheirholtz, DeJesus, and Lake in.....only 2 who should get consideration are Sweeney and Bugo when they get back.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
How does signing a boner help a ballclub through painful transition?

Just keep Scheirholtz, DeJesus, and Lake in.....only 2 who should get consideration are Sweeney and Bugo when they get back.

Well Pat. When you have a boner do you play with it ? I think that's what Command Central is doing with theirs.

It's so nice to see that we have a strong farm system and are able to find such a diamond in the rough at the same time (both).

This Neal guy must be a genius to pass the mental, physical, and written tests from the Cub's Way book of basics so quickly. He made the team that fast. So he has to be good and fit the mold.

I'm not sure WTF you are thinking by calling this guy a boner. You must like them.

patg006

Liked Posts:
I'm not sure WTF you are thinking by calling this guy a boner. You must like them.

51089-leonardo-dicaprio-oscar-meme-6Fx4.jpeg

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Theo is such a genius. Sure loves picking up other teams shit.

Don't be mud, Hawk claims you guys are a move or 2 from being contenders next season.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I love how people point to a player suffering an injury pointing to a signing being a bad signing, just like with the Fujikawa incident. The guy had two bad relief appearances, ended up striking out more than a guy per inning and looking good in his other appearances, then hurts his arm -- and somehow it's management's fault. Neal dislocates his shoulder and it's Theo Epstein's fault.

Why weren't the trolls on here blaming Theo whenever Garza sat out the first six weeks with a "strained lat" muscle? Or the elbow issues that cost him the last two months of 2012? It's people forgiving a situation because they overvalued Garza and what he meant to this team. What about Aramis Ramirez's injury-plagued 2009 and 2010 seasons, were those Jim Hendry's fault? Or is that irrelevant because it wasn't Theo Epstein or Jed Hoyer?

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I love how people point to a player suffering an injury pointing to a signing being a bad signing, just like with the Fujikawa incident. The guy had two bad relief appearances, ended up striking out more than a guy per inning and looking good in his other appearances, then hurts his arm -- and somehow it's management's fault. Neal dislocates his shoulder and it's Theo Epstein's fault.

Why weren't the trolls on here blaming Theo whenever Garza sat out the first six weeks with a "strained lat" muscle? Or the elbow issues that cost him the last two months of 2012? It's people forgiving a situation because they overvalued Garza and what he meant to this team. What about Aramis Ramirez's injury-plagued 2009 and 2010 seasons, were those Jim Hendry's fault? Or is that irrelevant because it wasn't Theo Epstein or Jed Hoyer?

I thought it was an irrelevant signing before the injury. I'm not going to get on Theo for Fujikawa's injury, that was tough luck and that has been one of the few moves I was in favor of. Injuries happen and it stinks that it happened to a key part of the bullpen so early in the season.

I guess Garza is overvalued, being he was the best pitcher on the team. Granted, he's not an ace, but I think there is a spot for a solid #2/excellent #3 on any cpntending club. People are in line to give Shark and Wood extensions, along with spending $13M per on a glorified innings eater. Don't tell me that Garza is worse than those 3 guys.

People bashed Hendry for the injuries as well, and were bashing Hendry until the day they got rid of Soriano, yet big bad Hendry got the Cubs closer to a World Series than any GM since 1945.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
People bashed Hendry for the injuries as well, and were bashing Hendry until the day they got rid of Soriano, yet big bad Hendry got the Cubs closer to a World Series than any GM since 1945.

im not a hendry basher because i like a lot of the moves he made, especially most of his trades..

the difference between hendry and epstein though is hendry had what 10 yrs of running the team and also had a significant amount of payroll to spend, which netted him 3 playoff appearances..

epstein/hoyer are just in their 2nd season, their payroll was slashed significantly and their main objective early on is to improve the farm system ( which they have done )..

when they get to yr 4,5,6 with a raised payroll and their no where near playoff contention, then it will be realistic to start moaning and bashing them.. doing it now seems like your either not a real cubs fan or just doing it to get a rise out of people, or both... :shrug:

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
epstein/hoyer are just in their 2nd season, their payroll was slashed significantly and their main objective early on is to improve the farm system ( which they have done )..

Pretty hard to do also. They must be geniuses getting the farm into most "experts" top ten after the first season.

You can thank Hemmoroidys for that.