Cubs claim Yankee's Neal off waivers

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
They've grown so consevative that they have become a joke themselves. They need to grow some fucking balls. I'm tired of seeing more news such as this and nothing of any substance. Is it hate ? No. I'm tired of the meaningless bullshit that has defined this front office to date. Every team does it. But most teams are not as bad as the Cubs. Big difference.

The moves the cubs have made haven't been bad. I mean unless someone is just trolling you can't complain about the production the cubs have got out of no name signings like Gregg, Feldman, Maholm, and Schierholtz.

I think where your issue is in a nutshell is these guys are singles and maybe doubles. The cubs are bad enough that they need a home run. Personally, I feel like in time the Rizzo trade will be a home run. Cashner has pitched better this year. But at the moment he's about to be 27 and he looks like a #4 or #5 starter. He's also had injury issues which is a concern. I think best case for him is a #3 at this point. Rizzo is about to be 24 and looks like a yearly 25-30 HR/90-100 RBI guy. His .240 average this year is troubling but he hit .285 in half a season last year. There's only 5-10 guys in the league who routinely put up 25 HR/90 RBI's/.280 avg at 1B. If that's all he ever is then that's pretty good. But he's only 24 and there's a lot of room for growth.

But, they need more home runs. It'd be nice to see Olt get to the majors quickly. If he is able to and plays anywhere near Rizzo's numbers his first 2 years that could be another one. He clearly has shown 25 HR power in the minors. If he can put things back together those two could be really nice blocks to build around.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
The moves the cubs have made haven't been bad. I mean unless someone is just trolling you can't complain about the production the cubs have got out of no name signings like Gregg, Feldman, Maholm, and Schierholtz.

They are bound to hit on some "no names". But the ones that have "hit" are below average players playing average on a bad team. To me it's really nothing but busy work and wasting time again. I wouldn't bitch about these pathetic signings as much if they were actually bringing in players to try and contend for soemthing other than a top ten draft pick.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
Sometimes you make really decent posts. This isn't one of them.

You know as well as the rest of us that the Cubs have to have players at every level of the minors...so here's a guy who's produced well in AAA ball, who we get for essentially nothing...I know you hate all things Theo, but this move is similar to moves that every team makes essentially every day. There's nothing bad about it. He's not going to put the Cubs over the top, but every player signed can't be that guy. Cheer up. :eek:

Well at least if he goes to AAA, he will bring down the average age. It isn't good if your AAA team consists of 4 guys that are just a few years shy of being able to get Social Security checks. :popcorn:

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The ML team is filled with them already. How about getting some number ones for a change.

Come on, dude.... what kind of substantial roster move does a team make in August? Aside from last year's miracle trade between Boston and Los Angeles, it doesn't happen. It was simply a roster move to cover some injuries in the outfield and the fact that Borbon got DFA'd. No reason to flip. You know we're going to go buck wild in the offseason and spend $600 million on free agents anyway :fap:

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
Come on, dude.... what kind of substantial roster move does a team make in August? Aside from last year's miracle trade between Boston and Los Angeles, it doesn't happen. It was simply a roster move to cover some injuries in the outfield and the fact that Borbon got DFA'd. No reason to flip. You know we're going to go buck wild in the offseason and spend $600 million on free agents anyway :fap:

I'm referring to this offseason. This move is just about as substantial as it gets on the North Side.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
Well its tuesday night, silence; I believe that's "role playing night" for the lovely couple.....

[video=youtube;Fb_sTrNeG1E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Fb_sTrNeG1E[/video]

:fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap: :fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap:

Oh......And go Cubbies !!!!!

justaChifan

Liked Posts:
mount tsk tsk tsk. But getting back to the long , drawn out rebuild. Here's a question.
Do you think Ricketts is going to feel any pressure to put out the best product he can , when Wrigley is rebuilt?
He'll know he has 3+ years of Wrigley fans flocking to the new shrine.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
I still find it hilarious that no matter how bad of a post mountsalami makes, Fisch thanks it every time.

I see that you are easily humored. Not so sure I'd admit to that. My six year old probably wouldn't find it funny.

But whatever......

[video=youtube;NvRO2GE4x4M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvRO2GE4x4M&feature=player_detailpage[/video]