Cubs to Sign Eloy Jimenez

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
Japan works differently than the rest because NPB and MLB have an agreement which basically means that MLB won't go poach Japnese kids from the NPB. Otani would have been subject to the same rules as other international amateur last year or this year, but he decided to sign with Nippon Ham as you mentioned after facing tremendous social pressure to stay in Japan. He doesn't have to play a set number of years to be posted as far as I know, but I believe it is 9 years before players reaching free agency in NPB and thus free to sign with any team he wishes. However, given the control the team has it probably will be five or six years before he is posted. Interestingly the team he was drafted and signed with is a team that has a policy to grant player's request for posting so perhaps he will make it over sooner than later.

I like going after Jenho Tseng a lot. I believe he pitched a little in the WBC this past year, but I prefer going after older arms in IFA that depend a little less on how they grow between 16-20 to determine what they will be. I also kind of like the Cubs don't give a fuck attitude about the budget MLB assigned. Not sure if the strategy is right when that means they will be severely handcuffed next year, but it is interesting.

Maybe, just maybe they are going to focus their spending on the Cubs instead of internationally. The Cubs will have had 4 years of great draft picks, some international picks, plus trades to throw into the farm. How much more do they need? The focus now needs to be on improvement at the parent level and getting the fan base moving back into the positive direction for this rewarding trek. :tiptoe: