Cubs vs DBacks official IGST!

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bosio is a damn good pitching coach evidentally. Also, who says Castro hasnt improved on D. He is making really good plays on the reg now.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Castro may be a knucklehead, but damn he shows you flashes of what he could be.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T217A using Tapatalk

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Bosio is a damn good pitching coach evidentally. Also, who says Castro hasnt improved on D. He is making really good plays on the reg now.

He's making me believe maybe all this angst cubs fans have about not having an elite pitching prospect is not warranted. If he can turn what appeared to be 5th/emergency starters into solid #3's and Wood from what seemed like a #4 type to what he is now then I'm not sure what to expect with higher profile guys like Johnson and Edwards. Wood was never higher than the Reds 3rd best prospect, never made BA's top 100 list and was only the 60th pick.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
EXCITING BASEBALL!

theberserkfury

Liked Posts:
He's making me believe maybe all this angst cubs fans have about not having an elite pitching prospect is not warranted. If he can turn what appeared to be 5th/emergency starters into solid #3's and Wood from what seemed like a #4 type to what he is now then I'm not sure what to expect with higher profile guys like Johnson and Edwards. Wood was never higher than the Reds 3rd best prospect, never made BA's top 100 list and was only the 60th pick.

I'd like to see him work some magic with Jackson... if he pulled something off there, I'd be very excited...

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I'd like to see him work some magic with Jackson... if he pulled something off there, I'd be very excited...

That would require s miracle... These pitchers have to have some skills for him to work with

CSF77

Liked Posts:
That would require s miracle... These pitchers have to have some skills for him to work with

Called pitching to location. Not sure if Jackson has that kinda of command.

Just like Arrieta. Needs to have command of his change to be successful. One of the reasons he is delaying is because he is not feeling his change yet.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Remember this team came in with a worse record. Later year I doubt the Cubs are working them like that. Azl has a better team.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
First series I've not voted on the outcome...first series won. Trend coming. :shifty:

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Remember this team came in with a worse record. Later year I doubt the Cubs are working them like that. Azl has a better team.

I don't know man.... Arizona is pretty bad right now. In 23 games they have a -62 run differential. The cubs were -87 over the entire year last year. To keep that in check they're going to have to play pretty phenomenal over the next 140ish games. Their pitching is atrocious giving up 143 runs already. The next closest team has 96 runs against. With Corbin being gone I don't really see that getting much better. Maybe they call up Bradley soon and he helps but he's 1 out of 5 and right now their best starter has a 4.35 ERA.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Arroyo has been bombed in Azl. Seeing he was a Cin player before and Bos before that his S/T's were in Fla where his curve had more break with the humidity. That dry air looks like it is killing him.

I would use Randall Delgado

Brandon McCarthy Not sure. He was better in Oak. His splits were better home in the dry air.

Trevor Cahill's splits are along the same lines as McCarthy's.

Miley is their ace right now.

Patrick Corbin T.J.

Archie Bradley AAA 3.98 ERA, 1.33 WHIP. I would promote him. They need a staff ace right now. Makes Miley a #2 and Corbin a #3. Delgado to the pen.

Then when Corbin comes back Bradley splits up Corbin and Miley.

They have Goldschmidt and Trumbo right now. Add in Montero you have a 3-5 in the line up the Cubs can not match. Any quality start that O can put up a win.

Cubs are questionable in run production this year. Reason why Lake and Olt need to be playing every day.