Cubs vs DBacks official IGST!

justaChifan

Liked Posts:
Last 100 years only pitcher to go seven innings in five starts allowing two or less runs to start a season and not record a win

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk

Trade him now.
He's useless and part of the former regime.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Trade him now.
He's useless and part of the former regime.

I think I would hang onto to him. Look, right now with the exception of maybe 5 or 6 players....they are a AAA team playing against major league competition. You can't go and field an entire team of kids because that would delay any gain by another year or two. You keep the top 3 starters, Rizzo and Castro and slowly filter in the kids as needed. Another one of their stiffs went down today with an injury, so bring up one of the kids to play. They have no reliable closer, they're already playing musical chairs in the bullpen so you should be seeing someone come up soon there as well. It's a drawn out process but you hope a few of these kids click when brought up and solidify a spot here and there. The thing is, you know they had no chance again this year and probably won't next year as well but you sit back and watch and wait and hope these youngs kids grow into major leaguers. Not much else anyone can do.

justaChifan

Liked Posts:
I think I would hang onto to him. Look, right now with the exception of maybe 5 or 6 players....they are a AAA team playing against major league competition. You can't go and field an entire team of kids because that would delay any gain by another year or two. You keep the top 3 starters, Rizzo and Castro and slowly filter in the kids as needed. Another one of their stiffs went down today with an injury, so bring up one of the kids to play. They have no reliable closer, they're already playing musical chairs in the bullpen so you should be seeing someone come up soon there as well. It's a drawn out process but you hope a few of these kids click when brought up and solidify a spot here and there. The thing is, you know they had no chance again this year and probably won't next year as well but you sit back and watch and wait and hope these youngs kids grow into major leaguers. Not much else anyone can do.

Watch Wait and Hope. That might be next years ad campaign.
A year too early!

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Watch Wait and Hope. That might be next years ad campaign.
A year too early!

I think what gonna happen is , come june/july were gonna see some of these kids brought up and get a long look at for the rotation and bullpen .. Unfortunately until then, were just gonna have to deal with some of the garbage they have going now like Villanueva and Veras

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T217A using Tapatalk

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think what gonna happen is , come june/july were gonna see some of these kids brought up and get a long look at for the rotation and bullpen .. Unfortunately until then, were just gonna have to deal with some of the garbage they have going now like Villanueva and Veras

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T217A using Tapatalk

The Cubs have wasted like 13.5 million dollars on closers the past two seasons and I think they have gotten a combined maybe two saves? Marmol looks like a champion right now.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why is Kalish starting? This is dumb.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
I think the cubs got away with one there. Bonifacio looked out to me but nice piece of hitting regardless.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Well that's why I loved the Bonifaco signing in a nutshell. He turns a outfield single into a double and then ends up scoring from second because of his speed. That sort of speed is one thing this team has been missing the past few years.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Sucks they wasted bases loaded with one out. I'd like to see Olt and Castillo start hitting at a better clip.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sucks they wasted bases loaded with one out. I'd like to see Olt and Castillo start hitting at a better clip.

Castillo offense is a plus. He started slow last year and came on. He hits a .340 OBP. You will take that all day. Olt, I have always believed will hit homeruns and walk and hit at a low clip.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Action Jackson in full form today against a horrible O

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
I probably have a man crush on Bonifacio. Him and Rizzo right now are the two players I actually enjoy watching hit.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Nice at bat by Rizzo vs a lefty Perez. Shame it's probably not going to matter

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, the game is pretty much over but how didnt Castro beat that out? That ball was on the ground for a long time.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Well, the game is pretty much over but how didnt Castro beat that out? That ball was on the ground for a long time.

I point out Castro's flaws a lot so I'm not going to continue to bag on him. However, the contributions you're getting from Rizzo and him seem quite different for "core" pieces. Even someone like Bonifacio who should be more the type of player Castro is seems to give the team more. He stretched that single into a double in the first which lead to a run. I don't know maybe I'm just hating on him a little too much.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I point out Castro's flaws a lot so I'm not going to continue to bag on him. However, the contributions you're getting from Rizzo and him seem quite different for "core" pieces. Even someone like Bonifacio who should be more the type of player Castro is seems to give the team more. He stretched that single into a double in the first which lead to a run. I don't know maybe I'm just hating on him a little too much.

Castro flaws are pointed out more because he isnt the new guy on the block. Also, he hasnt become the next superstar that so many fans thought he would be which was overblown. He is playing well this year, but the last two games havent been his best. Bonafacio is just hot. He will even out. He should have been out on that play and has had some baserunning gaffes already. I like what he is doing, but I know it will come back down.