Cutler cleared to play

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well facing Vikings def off a humiliating defeat and potentially having Kush, Larsen, and Massie blocking for him he will be wishing he wasn't cleared.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
How many picks and sack fumbles do we see Monday night? Going with 2 of each personally.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Not that we will win anyway, but damn. This fucker will beat a few bad teams along the way that Hoyer/Barkley wouldn't have. I'd have honestly been content at 1-15 and head to the draft with a top 3 pick.

Hoyer probably gave us the best chance at winning a few games. The offense looked completely unorganized with Cutler. Expect 3 and outs and several picks. This team will quit with 6 under center. Pace might need to pick up another punter in case MegaPunt gets hurt again from kicking to much.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
How many picks and sack fumbles do we see Monday night? Going with 2 of each personally.

I'll say one of everything. 1 td, 1 fumble, 1 int. Classic Cutler. I do think there will be more 3-and-outs.

Bears 10
Vikings 24

What concerns me if the defense gets healthy as the schedule gets easier after the bye, is a potential reverse of 2012, when they started out 7-1 and fell to 10-6 and missed out on the playoffs. I'm worried about 1-7 and then finishing 6-10 and missing out on the top 2 or 3 pick.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I say, despite the broken arm, we still start Hoyer.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I'll say one of everything. 1 td, 1 fumble, 1 int. Classic Cutler. I do think there will be more 3-and-outs.

Bears 10
Vikings 24

What concerns me if the defense gets healthy as the schedule gets easier after the bye, is a potential reverse of 2012, when they started out 7-1 and fell to 10-6 and missed out on the playoffs. I'm worried about 1-7 and then finishing 6-10 and missing out on the top 2 or 3 pick.

It depends on how they get there. If it's primarily because of Cutler actually playing well or something, then it's sorta pointless. But what if the defense goes off the rest of the season? Or maybe Jordan Howard goes crazy? If it's the young players who lead a late-season surge, that would bode well for the future. But if they just luck into some wins because Cutler put together a few late drives to win games late ... that's not gonna benefit them much.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
cutler is like a fucking parasite. lol

and the excuses are always so conveniently laid out for him. if he has a terrible game... "well, what do you expect? he came back and had to face the vikings D."

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
The way Bradford played on Sunday, this game is just going to be ugly. Just ugly.

WestsideResider

Bro idk
Liked Posts:
cutler is like a fucking parasite. lol

and the excuses are always so conveniently laid out for him. if he has a terrible game... "well, what do you expect? he came back and had to face the vikings D."
"No way his thumb is fully healed, they just didn't want to start Barkley."

I just want this fucking guy to go away.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:

Bears 10
Vikings 24

With two games against the Vikes I think that's a good 2 Ls. Cutler also struggles against the Packers, Lions and Redskins so add another 3. Bucs and Giants both on the road and while it's possible we win 1 of those games it's not something I'd bank on. Titans and Niners appear to be most winnable games but both are at home and Cutler has won like 3 home games in 3 years.

In short, I am not worried about draft position being botched as long as 6 is out there we will go toe to toe with the Browns.

Omar

Liked Posts:
I'm going to laugh so hard when Cutler wins games for us. Imagine if the Bears end up 10-6.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Well facing Vikings def off a humiliating defeat and potentially having Kush, Larsen, and Massie blocking for him he will be wishing he wasn't cleared.

Perfect time to be cleared. When he shits the bed again, Desp will come on here and pin it all on the OL no matter how many mistakes Cutler makes on the few occasions he has a clean pocket.

Imagination is a good thing to have when it comes to Cutler winning games because reality is a whole different animal.

To be fair there is probably an alternate reality out there where Cutler fixed all of his flaws and will lead the Bears to a 10-6 record. Omar is probably just a visitor from alternative reality where Cutler is actually a good QB.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Crap. Cutler's back just in time to win a few meaningless games so we draft in the 7-10 range