Cutler - Stubborn, or Football-Stupid?

mecha

Liked Posts:
I tuned into the end of the game today just to see if Forte would break the record. the last drive or two with the constant false starts was a little absurd. good on Cutler for giving Forte the ball, you could tell he was obviously trying to get it to him amidst all the false starts.

I also have to lol at everyone saying he's the reason Trestman's regime is getting fired. "COACH KILLER!!!!!!!!!!11111111111" LOL

fuck you.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I tuned into the end of the game today just to see if Forte would break the record. the last drive or two with the constant false starts was a little absurd. good on Cutler for giving Forte the ball, you could tell he was obviously trying to get it to him amidst all the false starts.

I also have to lol at everyone saying he's the reason Trestman's regime is getting fired. "COACH KILLER!!!!!!!!!!11111111111" LOL

fuck you.

So you missed all the overthrows from Cutler.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
#‎Bears‬ OL heartfelt love & support for Jay Cutler. @ky1eLong
"we threw Jay Cutler under the bus (with penalties)" calling Cutler a Shark for taking all the criticism this year. Bushrod: "I love Jay" & wants to see him back next year. @roberto_garza63 says "absolutely" Jay should be back "it takes all eleven guys ... can't blame just one guy"

Quick guys, go tell the players you know more than them!!
To be fair, they are 5-11 so what do they know, especially linemen? The position players don't seem to be running to his defense.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
You like to miss about a former quarterback stating how much it fucks you up when your o-line gives you no time.

I should be under the impression you have played longer and understand the game of football more than Brady Quinn.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
To be fair, they are 5-11 so what do they know, especially linemen? The position players don't seem to be running to his defense.
Position players are known as prima donas, trust me.

Wait, so many on here and in general understand the game is won in the trenches. So what logic states you can overlook the fact that they support the guy they are working there ass off for and believe in?

Just saying.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
You like to miss about a former quarterback stating how much it fucks you up when your o-line gives you no time.

I should be under the impression you have played longer and understand the game of football more than Brady Quinn.

How do you airmail a bubble screen?

mecha

Liked Posts:

the point I'm trying to make is that Trestman's failures (and subsequent, hopeful, firing) are not 100% indicative of how shitty Cutler played this year.

yeah, Cutler played like a total twat. I'll give everyone that, but the lack of accountability and using of shitheads (see: Shea, or technically the entire "starting" LB corp.) in real game situations instead of better players falls on Trestman. the entire team sucked, that doesn't entirely fall on Cutler, or Aaron Kromer, or even Mel Tucker. the head coach should be responsible for getting all the ducks in a row, especially in the dire type situation they were in since week 1 against the Bills, and he didn't.

the end.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
the point I'm trying to make is that Trestman's failures (and subsequent, hopeful, firing) are not 100% indicative of how shitty Cutler played this year.

yeah, Cutler played like a total twat. I'll give everyone that, but the lack of accountability and using of shitheads (see: Shea, or technically the entire "starting" LB corp.) in real game situations instead of better players falls on Trestman. the entire team sucked, that doesn't entirely fall on Cutler, or Aaron Kromer, or even Mel Tucker. the head coach should be responsible for getting all the ducks in a row, especially in the dire type situation they were in since week 1 against the Bills, and he didn't.

the end.

I believe everyone is aware that this team was in shambles, from a personnel aspect that starts with the QB.

If he's playing terribly inconsistent, your team will follow that lead

Sent from my toilet using Tapatalk - now Free

mecha

Liked Posts:
I believe everyone is aware that this team was in shambles, from a personnel aspect that starts with the QB.

chicken or egg argument. as I've noted, he played like shit. I would additionally argue he played consistently inconsistent. :lmao:

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The revolving door of OCs hasn't helped, but it would have been nice to see him perform well enough at any one of them to make it stick. He did great in Denver when they did designed rollouts, but once they took the training wheels off and asked him to stay in the pocket and run an NFL offense, he has regressed. Can he make plays and look great at times? Yes! But, he turns the ball over too often at critical times to rely on him. Like you, I don't care about the mannerisms or leadership perceptions, but I think he's shown that he can't protect the ball on a regular basis. I'm not in the room but from the outside his decision making and forced passes have put the nail in the coffin of many games.

I think most people loved Jay when he got here, thinking he was the missing piece that this organization had never had. He just never won over the fanbase which is very hard in this town the way the media pounds the negative. I personally think he lost the fans after standing at the end of the bench during the NFC Title game. Standing looking like a jackass with his hood over his head while not providing any insight or assistance to Caleb Hanie during a 4th Quarter comeback sealed his fate as ever becoming a fan favorite and demonstrated his lack of leadership. I was 12 rows up on the 10 yard line screaming at him to act like a pro and team player and I know my perception of him changed that day. To me that that was a defining moment for him as a Bear and he shit all over himself.

No he didn't.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Stopped right there considering you are using "learns" and "runs" very, very loosely. Also, you ignore the fact that he himself is in large part responsible for going through so many systems. Largely due to the fact that he cannot learn to run them.

No shit, I know some hookers that are tighter than that!

beardown2

Liked Posts:
No he didn't.

"Great" was certainly an overstatement, but for his 3rd year in the season he was showing progress, ie. 4000+ yds, 25Tds. Then he comes to Chicago and can't get out of his own way. Being on the move, he didn't take nearly the amount of sacks as he has here. Some of that is on the o-line, but Jay has found a way to put himself in trouble in the pocket since leaving Denver leading to sacks, rushed passes, fumbles, and Ints.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
"Great" was certainly an overstatement, but for his 3rd year in the season he was showing progress, ie. 4000+ yds, 25Tds.
No he wasn't. His 3rd year was pretty much a carbon copy of his 2nd year. He just threw the ball a ton more in his 3rd season. Look at the rate numbers.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

This. We get it. The entire team is a mess. That includes Cutler. It's not simply one or the other. It's both.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Whichever one, I'm damn sick of watching that guy play QB for the Bears!

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
Cutler had sustained success under Mike Martz. That is where things got derailed. Should have hired Arians who like Shanahan who would have played to Cutler strengths instead of.trying to fit him.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Cutler had sustained success under Mike Martz. That is where things got derailed. Should have hired Arians who like Shanahan who would have played to Cutler strengths instead of.trying to fit him.

I think almost every coach has played to his strengths.

Mitchapalooza

I think he's very football smart but just doesnt care and does what he wants to do regardless.