Cutler's new contract

marines1

Liked Posts:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 5m
Extension for Lions QB Matthew Stafford came in at $17.6 million per year avg. Bears QB Jay Cutler's 7-yr deal figures to be slightly north.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 5m
Extension for Lions QB Matthew Stafford came in at $17.6 million per year avg. Bears QB Jay Cutler's 7-yr deal figures to be slightly north.
That really says how highly Emery and Trest feel about Jay. Hell yeah!

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Jeesh, so now the fanboys are happy that the Bears "like" Jay and are "liking" Jay by paying him too much money. I guess the need to upgrade the D is of little concern to these Bears fans....

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jeesh, so now the fanboys are happy that the Bears "like" Jay and are "liking" Jay by paying him too much money. I guess the need to upgrade the D is of little concern to these Bears fans....

Its what he cost.

How is your new workout going?

Bearsweatherman

Liked Posts:
I too was hoping closer to 14 or 15 but it is what it is. I hope he tears it up. Seriously with a whole offseason with this system I think he goes bonkers next year. I have no idea how to work cap numbers so I won't even try, but we need to make sure we sign at least three defensive FA's with one being a seriously proven game changer.

Flacco4Prez

Liked Posts:
Numbers Never Lie does not like the deal.

17th highest QBR since 2008

Only other QB's to throw a higher % of INT's are Ryan Fitzpartick and Mark Sanchez

With that said, Bears didn't have much of a choice IMO

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

If we can sign and safety and a DE I'd be happy with free agency. We don't need the D to be elite. We need them to be AVERAGE. We can get to average with 2 good free agency signings and perhaps a 3rd decent signing on the D. Think Slauson but on the D. The other D needs will be filled over the next 2 drafts. I think we have been so used to seeing a top 10 D that we expect that. That isn't who these Bears are from this point forward. We have clearly moved to an offense driven team. We just need the D to compliment them.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Only other QB's to throw a higher % of INT's are Ryan Fitzpartick and Mark Sanchez

That show is cute...but it's irrelevant. Part of the stick is that you can make numbers say whatever you want...like his performance in the 4th quarter over the last two seasons, for example, would dictate he's getting paid adequately.

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk 2

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
They are not Bear fans. They are man lovers who care nothing about the overall team.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
They are not Bear fans. They are man lovers who care nothing about the overall team.

80451-goodfellas-laughing-gif-Imgur-mWjs.gif

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:

However, Cutler had a career year in his first year with this offense. But troll on.

Treehorn

Liked Posts:
Sorry to hijack but does anyone have a link to the press conference?

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wanted him back, just not at that price. I assume Emery may be dropping off weight like Peppers, Tillman and possibly Briggs. Im happy for Jay though...he has been given a raw deal in Chicago and will finally enjoy the same system for two years...a productive system that is.

jc456

Liked Posts:
ugh too high

but happy to have Jay back

Was hoping it would be nearer to 15

It didn't bankrupt you did it? I mean your money and all paying for the contract.