Cuts are done and bears at 53. Adams and Horsted make the team.

greg23

Liked Posts:

I wouldn't count on his return let alone him sliding into the punt returner role right off the bat

Its a valid question and hole...which is why a fa wr with return skills is still a candidate to be signed and bump someone off the roster (even adams)

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Can someone please explain to me where the fuck all this love for Snowden came from?

I've been in the forum all preseason and literally did not even know we had a guy named Snowden on the roster until today.

About ready to give the guy the Marcus Monk award for training camp hero.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Can someone please explain to me where the fuck all this love for Snowden came from?

I've been in the forum all preseason and literally did not even know we had a guy named Snowden on the roster until today.

you actually don't follow the Bears very well then.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:

People have been talking about him since he was signed as an UDFA

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I wouldn't count on his return let alone him sliding into the punt returner role right off the bat

Its a valid question and hole...which is why a fa wr with return skills is still a candidate to be signed and bump someone off the roster (even adams)

We have kept six wide receivers under Nagy normally.

The reason why I think there is five is because when we do sign that punt returner/receiver, we will be kicking an inside linebacker to the curb, and not Rodney Adams.

The one thing that's clear to me with this roster, is that Nagy is desperate to prove his offense works.

It's why I think he's selling out for people who can be active with the ball in their hands. And really other than fields, Horsted and Adams have been the standouts in preseason games, and James has been a training camp hero with a good rapport with fields.

That's why I don't think they're going to get rid of Adams or horsted, not unless they disappear in the regular season.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think the 7 ILBs are obviously because of special teams which was atrocious the first 2 games but ok the last game. Most likely the LBs that made it were part of the improved special teams last game.

Along with this, the Bears may also be using Christian Jones at OLB. They had him play some OLB in the 2nd half of the final preseason game.

greg23

Liked Posts:
We have kept six wide receivers under Nagy normally.

The reason why I think there is five is because when we do sign that punt returner/receiver, we will be kicking an inside linebacker to the curb, and not Rodney Adams.

The one thing that's clear to me with this roster, is that Nagy is desperate to prove his offense works.

It's why I think he's selling out for people who can be active with the ball in their hands. And really other than fields, Horsted and Adams have been the standouts in preseason games, and James has been a training camp hero with a good rapport with fields.

That's why I don't think they're going to get rid of Adams or horsted, not unless they disappear in the regular season.

Gonna be disappointed if you're expecting production from adams/Horstead.

Barring injuries they both may be inactive on gameday and/or down on the target list if active.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Gonna be disappointed if you're expecting production from adams/Horstead.

Barring injuries they both may be inactive on gameday and/or down on the target list if active.

The more I hear you talk, the more I think you really don't pay attention.

Matt Nagy is an offensive coach who loves to use tight ends and wants to make use of playmakers on the field. He is not someone who often has kept six receivers this entire time and then made one of them inactive come game day. Same thing for tight ends.

The people who end up inactive tend to be non-skill positions.

In other words, I find it incredibly stupid for someone to think that Adams and Horsted won't get a chance.

Now they could not make the most of that chance and in the end get cut or replaced via roster churn.

But for a coach like Nagy, both of them are going to get their opportunities. Otherwise, they would not have even made the roster in the first place.

After all, there is a reason why this roster right now is very oddly composed. They are making room for these two guys. And they will have their opportunity to see action.

greg23

Liked Posts:
The more I hear you talk, the more I think you really don't pay attention.

Matt Nagy is an offensive coach who loves to use tight ends and wants to make use of playmakers on the field. He is not someone who often has kept six receivers this entire time and then made one of them inactive come game day. Same thing for tight ends.

The people who end up inactive tend to be non-skill positions.

In other words, I find it incredibly stupid for someone to think that Adams and Horsted won't get a chance.

Now they could not make the most of that chance and in the end get cut or replaced via roster churn.

But for a coach like Nagy, both of them are going to get their opportunities. Otherwise, they would not have even made the roster in the first place.

After all, there is a reason why this roster right now is very oddly composed. They are making room for these two guys. And they will have their opportunity to see action.
Let me know how this works out.

Wait....

Let me know the production of the #5 wr and #4 te has been under this (or any) coach.....basically the 10th/11th options in the pass game

Barring injuries neither will get double digit catches

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
horsted will see time during injuries. He was inactive all last season.....Bears still have Kmet, James, Graham....

good luck finding play time

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Different positions. Edwards is a DE in 3-4 that plays DT in 4-3 nickel.

Quinn is an OLB in 3-4 that plays DE in 4-3 nickel.

Hicks, Nichols, Blackson are all basically 3-4 Ends that play DT in 4-3 Nickel.
Yeah I was going to say Hicks and blackson could play DE in 3-4. They really don't need to bring anyone else in unless they have a week 1 injury. @Hal9000

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
horsted will see time during injuries. He was inactive all last season.....Bears still have Kmet, James, Graham....

good luck finding play time
I don't think he was where he is now last season. It takes time to develop tight ends

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
He actually played in 2019...they shut him out in 2020 and now they added Jesse James.....
I remember him getting playing time in 2019. He didn't look anything like he did over this preseason.

Like I said, it takes time to develop a tight end.

Usually about 3 years. That would put him right on schedule if he's ever going to emerge and be something more than what you remember him in 2019.