Cuts begin for Bears

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs 1m

#Bears will place Wisconsin OL Ryan Groy on waivers. Groy received signing bonus of $8K as undrafted free agent, tied for high on team.

Retweeted by Adam Hoge
Marcus Trice ‏@MTrice8 14m

Just want to thank the @ChicagoBears for such an amazing opportunity. My journey has just begun. Don't coUNT me out! #GOG

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs 1m

With updated moves #Bears now have 9 O-linemen and could stay that way. Five starters plus Britton, de la Puente, Ola and Leno.

dan durkin ‏@djdurkin 1m

#Bears place OG Ryan Groy, C Taylor Boggs and DB Marcus Trice on waivers, per @BradBiggs.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
"@BradBiggs: #Bears are going to place C Taylor Boggs on waivers. He is a strong possibility to return to the practice squad."

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It' a fucking MB. What is with some of you guys that think this is something serious? This is a place to have fun, get some sports info and have more fun.

Dude has 134 posts in 2 years. Not exactly like he's conversing much anyways. If he doesn't like the football talk he should contribute more.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
OL appears to be set. Bushrod, Mills, Long, Garza, Slauson starters with Ola, Britton, DelaPuente and Leno backups. Leno could be cut still Id imagine to get an extra WR or special teamer

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
OL appears to be set. Bushrod, Mills, Long, Garza, Slauson starters with Ola, Britton, DelaPuente and Leno backups. Leno could be cut still Id imagine to get an extra WR or special teamer

I really hope Leno makes it. Doubt he'd last to the PS.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
First surprise cut

#Bears will terminate the contract of OL Eben Britton. So down to 8 linemen now meaning Charles Leno Jr. likely safe.
9:31am - 30 Aug 14

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:
Adam Hoge ‏@AdamHoge 48s

Eben Britton might qualify as 1 of those vets the #Bears look to bring back after Week 1. Then contract won’t be guaranteed for full season.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Wow. Didn't expect that. Britton has value in that he can play OG too. Ola is probably swing OT over him anyway. Could come back if Wilson is placed on IR.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
Adam Hoge ‏@AdamHoge 48s

Eben Britton might qualify as 1 of those vets the #Bears look to bring back after Week 1. Then contract won’t be guaranteed for full season.

That is shocking. I fully expected him to make it

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Mark Potash - Sources tell @patrickfinley #Bears have given waived RB Jordan Lynch no assurances he'll be on the practice squad: bit.ly/VTr99O
2:44pm - 29 Aug 14

Why would we waste a spot on him??

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
How does bears26 only have 3 blue bars? Guy is money.

Proves the system is broken since the mods fixed it for no reason.

What is the criteria for getting those damn boxes??

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
FYI

The Bears on Saturday morning whittled their way down to eight offensive linemen as veteran Eben Britton was informed the team will terminate his contract, making him an unrestricted free agent this afternoon.

Britton appeared in 13 games last season with four starts when the team opened in a formation with six offensive linemen. He was used extensively in that role, getting 235 snaps (22.2 percent). The Bears had success with the package.

The move means a few things right now. Because the team also plans to waive third-year lineman Taylor Boggs, it looks like Michael Ola, the rookie who was claimed off waivers from the Dolphins in the spring, and Charles Leno Jr., the seventh-round pick from Boise State, appear safe as the Bears cut their roster down to 53 players by Saturday's 3 p.m. deadline.

The only backup with any NFL experience is Brian de la Puente, and he is strictly an interior player. de la Puente is still coming back from a MCL sprain in his left knee. So it would not be surprising for the Bears to bring Britton back soon or bring in another lineman with experience. It’s possible a ninth lineman could be added in the next few days before the opener against the Bills.

The move also means the Bears will likely use tight end Matthew Mulligan in a lot of the formations Britton was a part of last season. Stay tuned.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-bears-eben-britton-20140830-story.html

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Brad Biggs - #Bears will place WR Dale Moss on waivers.
9:47am - 30 Aug 14

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Why would we waste a spot on him??

To be a versatile qb/hb gadget trail guy for the scout team of opponents. People were saying Amani Edwards did it in camp but he isn't PS eligible, he's had several full nfl seasons.