Cutting both Leno and Massie

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
The cap is probably going to be around $190-195mil next year. Because of the NFL revenue structure their losses shouldn't be that bad, and they will probably spread their loses over a few seasons so as not to impact the cap too much in one year. That's not good for their model, which values parity.

that’s honestly what i would assume. But we have cap experts like remy running around telling everybody the bears won’t be able to afford anybody and are screwed. But when you actually look at their situation compared to other teams it’s not even that bad. So if the Bears are screwed then what are the teams like Philly and New Orleans? Are they just going to have to fold and not play in 2021? Is that remy’s projection?

190-195 still puts these two teams significantly over. I don’t even know how’s it’s realistic they would be able to construct a roster unless they cut a ton of people and took on a shit ton of dead money. It just doesn’t make sense. I have a feeling there are going to be huge exceptions for the cap next year.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
What if I told you that in the last 6 weeks, Charles Leno is actually the 5th highest graded tackle in the entire NFL? What if I followed that up by saying, the Bears LEAD THE LEAGUE in off-tackle runs to the left side?

You can believe what you think you see thru your biased eyes, or you can believe actual facts (and guys that get paid to grade players). But I'm just trying to stop you all from looking very stupid when Charles Leno is playing for the Bears next year.

LOL @ this horseshit. Jesus, just watch The Tape Never Lies and you'll still see him whiffing blocks and falling down.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
LOL @ this horseshit. Jesus, just watch The Tape Never Lies and you'll still see him whiffing blocks and falling down.

I'm telling you what the stats say. You're telling me what some biased guy on the internet says, who's word you think is the gospel because he has a popular podcast. If you think facts are horseshit, that's a YOU problem. I've watched The Tape Never Lies. And you definitely see him whiffing blocks and falling down a lot. But just imagine how many times he does NOT fall down or whiff blocks since the Bears lead the league running behind him and he's given up 5 sacks in 536 pass blocking snaps.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Again, I'm not trying to stand up for Leno. He's average to below average at best. If the Bears get rid of him, and replace him adequately, I NOT ONLY will not shed a tear, I might even celebrate a little. But he is NOT the worst player on the OL. And it is likely not worth paying him 5M to not be here, just to save 6Mil and have to fill his spot in addition to the ones already open.

You guys can call him walrus and point out he falls down, but I have actual stats and whether you like it or not, PFF supports my argument. If you think me and PFF are wrong, you have to come with more than just "BuT hE fAlLs DoWn AlL tHe TiMe". Support shit with a fact. Just one verifiable thing to support he's the worst lineman on the team.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
I'm telling you what the stats say. You're telling me what some biased guy on the internet says, who's word you think is the gospel because he has a popular podcast. If you think facts are horseshit, that's a YOU problem. I've watched The Tape Never Lies. And you definitely see him whiffing blocks and falling down a lot. But just imagine how many times he does NOT fall down or whiff blocks since the Bears lead the league running behind him and he's given up 5 sacks in 536 pass blocking snaps.

I'm not telling you what some biased guy on the internet says, they actually SHOW the footage of him doing these things. Ya know, you can see it yourself. I can 100% guarantee you that better tackles in the league DO NOT fall down and whiff blocks near as much as Leno.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It just so happens that the competition got tougher when the QB changed, and Nagy went away from the under center stuff he was doing with Trubisky early in the year. But I go back to last year. Leno was pretty bad all season and the offense was more similar to what we saw under Foles/Nagy, with a lot of shotgun and slow developing plays, than it has been the last few weeks under Lazor/Mitch. And Leno was solid in 2018, when the offense wasn't as rigid either. I think there's more to it than just the competition.

Maybe so but until he can prove your theory by doing this against a good team we dont know that for sure.

The larger point is whether you keep him or not it is time to start draft OTs as Leno and Massie only have 2 years left. So whether you draft a OT who sits for a year or playd right away, it is best to do so this year IMO.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Cut Massie, he is more over paid, he is always hurt, and he is a worst player.

Draft a couple of OTs to compete at RT with Ifedi ad if everything works out to take Leno’s job. If the rookies aren’t ready you roll with what you have now.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree with all the hate Leno has more than earned himself. His recent decent play is earning him the benefit that his shitty effort, lack of concentration, and forgotten fundamentals might have been related to Nagy being a shit coach, and not having a Sam Musty to be his REAL COACH on the field until lately.

Yes, even Draft Dr. Phil said Leno did better recently and gives credit where it's due, although I've not seen the MIN Tape Never Lies yet, just the post-game podcast. No arguing the penalties disappeared recently, although it's a small sample vs. the last few years of below average to dogshit play.

For sure, Leno will be around until after the draft. June 1st cut likely, but WTH knows until draft comes & goes. It's deep at OL apparently. Lucky us. Leno may stick as a backup or lame duck starter for a month or 2 until an early pick rookie gets up to speed.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dude... People have worse LTs then we do this season... CUT HIM ANYWAY. If you wanted to cut him based off last season. I'm with you
But as it us always stated this is a what have you done for me lately league. Leno has not been as much of the problem this year as in the past. And I'd rather keep the guy who started every game this year and is the only oline member who can say that. Cut massie, all for that cut. But leno, cutting him, you only do that if you for sure have his replacement on roster.

And I know the chances of that are very low. You have a better chance replacing him over trubs/foles. But sadly bears have played themselves out of a better chance of doing so.

Deal with the fact leno is here to stay haters. Bears played good enough that cutting him is a gamble...

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

If you took any mediocre offensive lineman in the league, and all you did was highlight their 3-4 worst plays of each and every game, you can make every one of them look like the worst offensive lineman in the NFL.

That being said, this offensive line is being helped significantly with how defenses choose to play Trubisky, as well as play action/roll outs.

They barely even have to actually pass block. And in the most difficult pass blocking situations, 3rd and long, they see a 3 man rush a portion of the time.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
It’s not just his play also he commits so many drive killing penalties. With this offense, holding calls can be as bad as an interception.

The Interception that got Mitch benched came after Leno held someone on 2nd and 2.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Dude... People have worse LTs then we do this season... CUT HIM ANYWAY. If you wanted to cut him based off last season. I'm with you
But as it us always stated this is a what have you done for me lately league. Leno has not been as much of the problem this year as in the past. And I'd rather keep the guy who started every game this year and is the only oline member who can say that. Cut massie, all for that cut. But leno, cutting him, you only do that if you for sure have his replacement on roster.

And I know the chances of that are very low. You have a better chance replacing him over trubs/foles. But sadly bears have played themselves out of a better chance of doing so.

Deal with the fact leno is here to stay haters. Bears played good enough that cutting him is a gamble...

You know absolutely nothing. What planet are you on.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:

None of that is based in reality. You need to watch the fucking games. And then watch the tape. Now stfu

Last edited:

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
If you took any mediocre offensive lineman in the league, and all you did was highlight their 3-4 worst plays of each and every game, you can make every one of them look like the worst offensive lineman in the NFL.

That being said, this offensive line is being helped significantly with how defenses choose to play Trubisky, as well as play action/roll outs.

They barely even have to actually pass block. And in the most difficult pass blocking situations, 3rd and long, they see a 3 man rush a portion of the time.

He is worse than mediocre and you know that. Any guy who constantly whiffs on blocks and falls down needs to go, I don't give a shit who they are. It wouldn't be difficult at all to upgrade Leno through the draft.

mecha

Liked Posts:
fairly certain even announcers point out and laugh when this dude falls down lol

he falls down about as much as Johnny Knox did. what a fucking sad team.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He is worse than mediocre and you know that. Any guy who constantly whiffs on blocks and falls down needs to go, I don't give a shit who they are. It wouldn't be difficult at all to upgrade Leno through the draft.

True. He is only mediocre with the caveat that Trubisky is the QB. He would not hold up trying to protect a pocket passer.

Hutch1975

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Brewers
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Edmonton Oilers
  1. Brigham Young Cougars
What if I told you that in the last 6 weeks, Charles Leno is actually the 5th highest graded tackle in the entire NFL? What if I followed that up by saying, the Bears LEAD THE LEAGUE in off-tackle runs to the left side?

You can believe what you think you see thru your biased eyes, or you can believe actual facts (and guys that get paid to grade players). But I'm just trying to stop you all from looking very stupid when Charles Leno is playing for the Bears next year.

Leno has developed into an above average LT. Could do worse, but it wouldn't hurt to look for the replacement at the end of his contract.

My thinking all along has been to draft someone to take over RT from day one next year (Clemson's Jackson Carman is my guy, a 6'6" 345-pounder, should be available in the 2nd), and to find someone to develop behind Leno for a year or two (Minnesota's Daniel Faalele, a monster at 6'9" and 400 pounds is that guy, IMO). I think it's open for debate whether you just plug Faalele in at LT at the end of the Leno deal, or if you flip Carman to the left side and have the 400-pounder in at RT.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Lay off my boy Leno. He been playing good ball and is the only starter playing the same position from the original 5. Majority of Monty's chunk runs are coming off the left side

LT Leno
LG Whitehair
C Mustipher
RG Bars
RT Ifedi

Hutch1975

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Brewers
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Edmonton Oilers
  1. Brigham Young Cougars
Lay off my boy Leno. He been playing good ball and is the only starter playing the same position from the original 5. Majority of Monty's chunk runs are coming off the left side

LT Leno
LG Whitehair
C Mustipher
RG Bars
RT Ifedi

My hope for the line next year is this:
LT Leno
LG Whitehair
C Mustipher
RG Daniels
RT Jackson Carman (drafted)

Backups: