[DaBearsBlog] Bears in love with Jaxon Smith-Njigba

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Idk what Mooney would want but he’d need to have a helluva year in order for me to hope he gets a payday.

He was best WR for bears and I know he had some big catches but games like Washington and the drops in position to win the game stick out for me. Also coming off a big ankle surgery which for a guy like him could be hard to come back from.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Is JSN better at rushing the passer from the outside or up the middle.

He's better at blocking the pass rush on the outside. You know, to keep that nice shiny newish QB we have healthy.

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Long term it's kind of smart. Hard to say who will be there at 9, but JSN on a rookie deal would be great. We likely won't retain both Mooney and Claypool after this year, so it's good to have a replacement, potentially (most likely) a better WR in the fold. Also, Mooney's ankle injury could definitely impact him going forward. I'd have no issue with JSN at 9.

Last thing I want is to see is a ESB 4th down drop, Pettis forgetting he has hands, off the street Smith-Marsette fumbling type getting meaningful minutes in a Bears game again.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Could another WR who can get separation (assuming the Bears don't break JSN and Moore of that habit) fix the oline?

I imagine a lot of the pressure on the oline is the lack of WR talent. I imagine claims of Fields' slow release or failure to see an open WR isn't helped with a lack of WRs who've earned his trust. I think it could help but would it be enough to keep Fields upright?

Would be interesting to see the difference in oline with another WR talent and piss me off less than dline at 9. But I'm sticking with the OT need unless Anderson or someone else ranked higher than 9 that isn't named Carter should happen to fall.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Long term it's kind of smart. Hard to say who will be there at 9, but JSN on a rookie deal would be great. We likely won't retain both Mooney and Claypool after this year, so it's good to have a replacement, potentially (most likely) a better WR in the fold. Also, Mooney's ankle injury could definitely impact him going forward. I'd have no issue with JSN at 9.

Last thing I want is to see is a ESB 4th down drop, Pettis forgetting he has hands, off the street Smith-Marsette fumbling type getting meaningful minutes in a Bears game again.
JSN projects to be a high tier slot receiver. With Moore and clay pool (or Mooney) outside this is a pretty dynamic top 3. Grab a late round RB and bolster the line in round 2-3. Could be good value, would not in anyway be upset if they did this or grabbed a top tier LT in round 1

msadows

Liked Posts:
So are bears fans and fake journalists now making up a narrative that the bears want to move on from mooney and/or claypool?

Because poles has made zero indication of the sort. He has, however, complemented mooney at every chance he gets. Thats a guy who'd probably have a new deal this offseason had he not hurt his ankle.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
So are bears fans and fake journalists now making up a narrative that the bears want to move on from mooney and/or claypool?

Because poles has made zero indication of the sort. He has, however, complemented mooney at every chance he gets. Thats a guy who'd probably have a new deal this offseason had he not hurt his ankle.

DaBearsBlog called the Panthers trade hours before it was publicly announced but I don't think JXN would be Bears first scenario. It all depends how the draft plays out.

If a QB is still available at 9 trade down, if your highest grade OT and DE's are gone go for a WR.

msadows

Liked Posts:
DaBearsBlog called the Panthers trade hours before it was publicly announced but I don't think JXN would be Bears first scenario. It all depends how the draft plays out.

If a QB is still available at 9 trade down, if your highest grade OT and DE's are gone go for a WR.

So did some random dude on Reddit.

I don't hold any bearing for dumb theories like this. Guy might have a contact on the inside, that doesn't mean he has any clue who the bears are picking at #9

I wouldn't mind them taking JSN, but thinking theyll do that then flip mooney/claypool just seems like a headscratcher t o me.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
So did some random dude on Reddit.

I don't hold any bearing for dumb theories like this. Guy might have a contact on the inside, that doesn't mean he has any clue who the bears are picking at #9

It also doesn't mean he doesn't.