4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
[video=youtube;IxN0JcbrWis]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxN0JcbrWis[/video]

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
Now just because of this thread he's staying.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
Uhh Dale doe not know how the game manage. It wasn't just Dale on Castro, it was Theo/Jed as well. The Cubs stopped messing with Castro and he picked it up.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Uhh Dale doe not know how the game manage. It wasn't just Dale on Castro, it was Theo/Jed as well. The Cubs stopped messing with Castro and he picked it up.

I asked this before. When did they Stop since his numbers never improved?

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Uhh Dale doe not know how the game manage.
Again, if he comes back next year and finishes the year off what harm does it cause? It's not like the team is in position to do something next season right? So why pay for him to sit?

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
I asked this before. When did they Stop since his numbers never improved?
The numbers won't show anything... it's watching the games that shows he improved.

They didn't stop to long ago.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
Again, if he comes back next year and finishes the year off what harm does it cause? It's not like the team is in position to do something next season right? So why pay for him to sit?

Because it's a headache to watch and if the Cubs have players coming up, they don't want him to be around them.

Like Lake should have been playing most of the games and Watkins should have got more starts than he did.

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
The numbers won't show anything... it's watching the games that shows he improved.

They didn't stop to long ago.

This is such a double-edged sword, if you are correct.

That would mean Epstein does not have the insight to see when his own manger is being counter-productive to his own recruiting efforts.

And if that's the case, Cubs are in BIG trouble.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
I am still not getting how Dale ruined him. Starlin's numbers were very, very consistent from Jun1 til the end of the season.

It has some to do with the front office's plan to change him and some to do with Dale's "mindfucking".

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I just heard on 670 that Rosenthal (CBS Sports) is tweeting that Sveum has been let go.

‏@Ken_Rosenthal
Source: #Cubs fire Sveum.

Last edited:

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
More confirmation-

Joel Sherman said:
@Joelsherman 13m
Can confirm @Ken_Rosenthal report that #Cubs have fired Dale Sveum as mgr. Gentelmen start your Girardi rumors #Yankees

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Was seeing that Nate McCluth would be in the 2 year 10 mil range also on MLBTR. Was thinking now with Dale canned Theo is going to have to put a legit squad together for a legit manager. Nate would be a decent top of the order bat in LF. He would be platooned but Lake is in that role already. I'm now expecting some changes not more on the cost not sign to flip types. I expect a SP signing ontop of this now.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
According to reports, the Chicago Cubs have fired manager Dale Sveum after 2 seasons. Sveum did have one year left on his contract. Other coaches fate on the coaching staff have not been reported yet. At least one other coach will be fired and some coaches could stay for now. When a new manager comes aboard, he will have the right to chose his coaches and the other coaches who were safe, may not be anymore.

Sveum looked to be safe over a month ago, but the lost of the clubhouse didn’t help his case. Most notably the Kevin Gregg incident and the altercation with starting pitcher Edwin Jackson. The Cubs are also worried about his player developmental skills. Sveum has taken the blame for Starlin Castro’s, Anthony Rizzo’s and Darwin Barney’s regressed season, plus Jeff Samardzija’s horrible 2nd half. And the Cubs don’t want him to be in charge of the players coming up through the minors of whom are close to the majors.

According to David Kaplan, Joe Girardi is the Cubs number 1 choice and by far. Buster Olney reported this morning that if the New York Yankees want to keep Giardi, they will have to give him a pay raise more than the 3 million he made this season. Giardi’s contract expires on October 31st and if the Cubs want to speak to him before then, they will have to ask the Yankees for permission to speak with him.

The Cubs say they would like to have a new manager by the GM meetings and the GM meetings takes place in November. The Cubs also say they have not interviewed or asked to interview a candidate yet.

For the most part, we all knew the end of the Sveum era was coming to the end and was a very much needed move.

No word on the other coaches on the staff, but there should be news coming down shortly.

http://www.chicitysports.com/2013/09/30/breaking-news-dale-sveum-out-as-chicago-cubs-manager/