Dale Sveum: (officially) Fired

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Two former catchers who played the majority of their time for the team they are managing. Can't get much more storybook than that. :smug2:

Have you seen Once Upon a Time? :smug:

CSF77

Liked Posts:
If they signed Tanaka then Byrd and McLouth. Baez in AAA, Bryant and Soler in AA. My rotation as Tanaka, Wood, Shark, Arretta, Jackson. Line up: Castro, McLouth, Rizzo, Byrd, Schierholtz, Castillo, Valbuena, Barney. Baez taking over 2B in the summer and in Aug Bryant taking over 3B. They could turn it around that year.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
If they signed Tanaka then Byrd and McLouth. Baez in AAA, Bryant and Soler in AA. My rotation as Tanaka, Wood, Shark, Arretta, Jackson. Line up: Castro, McLouth, Rizzo, Byrd, Schierholtz, Castillo, Valbuena, Barney. Baez taking over 2B in the summer and in Aug Bryant taking over 3B. They could turn it around that year.

I really wish any line-up the Cubs have would not consist of Darwin Barney.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
• Dale Sveum wasn't out of work long. Sveum, who was dismissed as the Cubs manager on Monday, was hired by the Royals to be part of manager Ned Yost's coaching staff. Sveum will work with the infielders, and his in-game responsibilities will be announced later.

Sveum was a coach on Yost's staff for three seasons with the Brewers before replacing him in 2008 for the final 12 games of the season. Milwaukee reached the National League Division Series that year. In two seasons with the Cubs, Sveum compiled a 127-197 record, finishing 66-96 this year and last in the NL Central.

The Royals announced the contracts of third-base coach Eddie Rodriguez and bench coach Chino Cadahia will not be renewed, indicating Sveum could fill one of those openings.