Dalton Not Deserving of the Hate? Breaking Down QB Andy Dalton

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Well obviously. I didnt mean to imply they ONLY built because Dalton was bad. You get the #1 pick, you take the best QB unless you just took one. Hell, the Colts took a QB and got rid of Peyton Manning who still had an MVP season in him. But the bottom line is Dalton was bad. Dalton is bad. Dalton will continue to be bad.

Obviously and CCS are two things that don't always mix well together.....

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
there are so many bozos on this board.
the hate is amazing.
my question to all these people, what was the alternative?

If only Pace had TRIED HARDER to get Wilson! 4 first rounders, 4 second rounders, Quan, Mack and Sweaty Teddy's left testicle!

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
87.3 QB rating in 2020. League average was 93.6. Literally a below average QB. He hasnt hit the league average since 2016. And even then his 91.8 QB rating was not up to the 2020 standard of league average. (Trubisky was 93.5 for reference in 2020, take that as you will).

Cincinnati rebuilt because he was no longer a good QB who had a losing record every season since 2016, and was near Carson Wentz level bad in 2019.
Stats don't tell the entire picture, but the film does. When will people realize this. Like him or hate him, he probably has the best season a bears QB has had.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
there are so many bozos on this board.
the hate is amazing.
my question to all these people, what was the alternative?

What's the alternative to Dalton? Man there's like 96 QBs in the league. At least 30-40 of them are better options than Dalton. Granted, only a handful of them are/were possible, but the whole process was terrible. Made a fair trade offer for Wilson, then panicked for Dalton. If they moved a day faster, they could have paid similar money for Ryan Fitzpatrick, a better QB. They gave up a pick for Foles last year, they could have given up a pick this year for Mariota. They could still for Darnold (both better options than Dalton). Hell, I would have made that Wentz trade over signing Dalton. At least Wentz isn't 34. Had an awful year, but at least has not been on a downward spiral for 4 years.

None of these are great alternatives, but all are either better statistically than Dalton or at least have the upside to be better.

TheWinman

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Don't hate Dalton, but also not going to be fooled into thinking this is an upgrade.

Over the last 3 years, Dalton and Trubisky are almost statistical mirrors.

I really don't want to hear about bad o-lines or lack of playmakers. If he was a guy that could make a difference, he'd at least have better numbers than a guy we know doesn't in Trubisky.

A big complaint about Trubisky is that he beat up on bad teams, but couldn't beat good ones. Neither guy has beaten a team that finished with a winning record since 2018.

Not an upgrade. Just a more expensive Trubisky.

Hope I'm wrong.
He's an upgrade for sure, maybe not much at all, but is an upgrade for sure

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dalton sucks. Bears are fucked. End of thread.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Stats don't tell the entire picture, but the film does. When will people realize this. Like him or hate him, he probably has the best season a bears QB has had.

I have no idea what you mean by the last sentence. "Best season a Bears QB has had"? Does that mean his best season would be the best in Bears history? Not sure how 6 years ago is relevant. Does that mean his 2020 was better than anything the Bears had last year? That's just simply not true.

I never said stats tell the entire picture. But the film matches the stats. The inability by the Bengals to trade him after 2019. The inability for him to get anything more than a backup job (only got on the field because Dak got hurt). The lack of interest in anyone else giving him a starting job. The Bears SB odds going in the wrong direction after they signed him all tells the entire picture.

Like I said, I'm sure Dalton's a great guy. I hope he has an MVP caliber season. But nothing he's done in the last 4 years, suggests that he's anything other than solidly below average in his age 34 season.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I thought of that level of player Minshew was the best option, although obviously not sure if he's available or what it would take to get him. The Jags signed Beathard for $2.5 million guaranteed and two years, which doesn't seem like a 3rd QB type deal.

TheWinman

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There is no reason to hate Dalton, period. He didn't sign himself.

What does the Lossman know about wins? Nothing.
75 dislikes of my posts overnight. LMFAO Someone needs to get a life big time. Be proud of yourself for taking that much time just because you're pathetic. FYI, reactions play no part in anything on this board. Get out of your Mom's basement, out of the house, and enjoy life.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
75 dislikes of my posts overnight. LMFAO Someone needs to get a life big time. Be proud of yourself for taking that much time just because you're pathetic. FYI, reactions play no part in anything on this board. Get out of your Mom's basement, out of the house, and enjoy life.

For realz? :ROFLMAO:

Sounds like you got yourself a CCS stalker.

Of course if memory serves me correct you've disliked a shit ton of my posts yourself. So kinda funny too.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

@everyone dislike this post ^^^

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I miss the old "bars" where disliking had "consequences". Who was the guy we disliked till he was fully red?

Those old disliked GIF's were funny too.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I was gonna say..... him complaining about disliking is pretty ironic.
anyone who legit complains and is mad about negs, who then goes on to call the ******* out for 'having no lyfe' cracks me up. who IRL cares about negs/pos rep?

I mean, I know i'm #blessed with a pretty amazing like/post ratio, and since rep was expanded, i've earned a record number of :ROFLMAO:s but still, I can't imagine really caring about things going the other way on me.

(fun fact, I've actually requested mega-dislike status from admins before, just to give newbs and dweebs something to be cheerful about)

TheWinman

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I was gonna say..... him complaining about disliking is pretty ironic.
5 minutes my ass. LMFAO. I only dislike your stupid ass posts, not everything like you did. Quit posting stupidity and then you won't get disliked. it's scary that it actually bothers you enough to do a "mass begging" pathetic actually

TheWinman

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
anyone who legit complains and is mad about negs, who then goes on to call the ******* out for 'having no lyfe' cracks me up. who IRL cares about negs/pos rep?

I mean, I know i'm #blessed with a pretty amazing like/post ratio, and since rep was expanded, i've earned a record number of :ROFLMAO:s but still, I can't imagine really caring about things going the other way on me.

(fun fact, I've actually requested mega-dislike status from admins before, just to give newbs and dweebs something to be cheerful about)
a random dislike here and there in the course of reading a thread versus taking 15 minutes or so to pull up posts to dislike someone 75 times is a huge difference. nice try though