Dalton

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
Am I the only one who thinks maybe he will be good in this system? I've a feeling we are in for a shock i want too see the new kid as much as everyone else but I've a sneaking suspicion Dalton will play well

He's better than Mike Glennon. And probably better than Nick Foles.

Is he capable of lifting this squad to become a legitimate Super Bowl contender?

No, of course not. he's a place-holder....Hopefully for Justin Fields, or, if not, some quarterback not yet on this roster.

Let's not be unrealistic.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
Am I the only one who thinks maybe he will be good in this system? I've a feeling we are in for a shock i want too see the new kid as much as everyone else but I've a sneaking suspicion Dalton will play well

Any snaps he gets that takes away from the snaps Justin Fields receives is a waste of everyone's time .

He wasn't the answer 3 months ago and he is not the answer now and doesn't move the needle at all.

The last 50 years were a fluke we need a few more games of mediocrity at the qb position just to be sure ...right

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I don’t expect Dalton to light the world on fire, but I do expect him to be at minimum a competent game manager….IF he starts.

Monster

Liked Posts:
The only Dalton who was cool under pressure died a while after working at the Double Deuce…
This isn’t that guy… although he is taller.

BeerFan

Liked Posts:
As a Bears fan, I hope he is so good we don't see Fields this year. I suspect he'll be the best QB we've had for a long while but just pedestrian in any other team that can draft and develop quarterbacks.
I concur. All "real" Bear fans should want Dalton to start all 16 games with a healthy Justin Fields on the bench but receiving spot playing time. That means the Bears are winning AND getting Fields some experience.

That being said, if the Bears start 1-3, 3-5 or so, then, if the staff fell Fields is ready, then y all means, throw him in there. But, if the Bears have a winning record and Dalton looks to be in the top 1/3 of the league and the Bears are not getting lucky to win games the keep starting Dalton.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I expect him to have a solid 80 rating with like a 4:3 TD:INT ratio. LIGHTS OUT!

BeerFan

Liked Posts:
So does that mean Fields is gonna be a bust and bears fans shouldn’t be excited?
No, I'm excited, thrilled that they drafted him. Will he be ready game "1"? I don't know. Doubtful, especially when you have a "decent" veteran. When he was on Cincinnati, he had 1 receiver and took them into the playoiffs with him. I think the Bears has a better team than when Dalton was on the Bengals. Most people today just look at fantasy stats w/out looking at surrounding talent.

If he starts the season and goes 1-4 / 2-8, you'll be declaring him a bust. I say, give Dalton a chance with a decent team to give Fields and least a few weeks to adjust to the NFL.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Top 15 bears QB

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
No, I'm excited, thrilled that they drafted him. Will he be ready game "1"? I don't know. Doubtful, especially when you have a "decent" veteran. When he was on Cincinnati, he had 1 receiver and took them into the playoiffs with him. I think the Bears has a better team than when Dalton was on the Bengals. Most people today just look at fantasy stats w/out looking at surrounding talent.

If he starts the season and goes 1-4 / 2-8, you'll be declaring him a bust. I say, give Dalton a chance with a decent team to give Fields and least a few weeks to adjust to the NFL.
I agree with your philosophy, I too want Dalton to give Fields some time to adjust to the NFL Speed and the new playbook. But, Dalton is not the same QB that went to the playoffs. His success will be determined by the O-line and Nagy's play calling.

If Nagy ignores the fact that Dalton is not mobile, and his best strength is getting the ball out quick, we will be in for a long season, or several games.

In order for Dalton to have ANY success, we are going to need a good running game. Nagy has proven over and over again that he is not patient enough, even when it is appropriate or having success.

He panics if he has 2 running plays in a row that do not break away for a huge gain, even if it gains 4-5 yard. And if a running play gets stuffed for no gain or a loss, he is going to throw the ball on the next play. He needs to mature in this aspect of his play calling.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Yeah I saw that, I guess it was even more of a shitshow than our O-line was last year, hard to believe, but when the backups have a rash or injuries after you lose all of the decent starters, damn.....

I might be willing to change my opinion on Dalton slightly, considering he held the team together.

Even if our O-line is better than last years, Dalton is a game manager at best, but that might actually keep us in a couple more games.

I still predict that we will start the season very slow and Nagy will panic and put Fields in.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well, 20th is better than 32nd, right?
It was to make sure he noticed that the Bear were rated above the Cowboys. Not sure of your point.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It was to make sure he noticed that the Bear were rated above the Cowboys. Not sure of your point.
Right, sure. I'm just saying IN GENERAL, the OL is higher than what I thought it would be, and 20th is better than 32nd. It's in the middle. So aside from the Cowboys comment, I'm okay with them being in the middle here. Wish it was higher of course.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So Dalton joins a top 5 offense and plays in the worst division and doesn't do jack shit and gets a pass because of the Oline

Foles joins a bottom 5 offense runs for his life against better opponents and gets all the blame despite the Oline being no better than the Cowboys

so yeah its homer speak at its finest
WTF is wrong with you? I simply corrected a post with an OL comparison without comment. You're like Mary Poppins but the bag is full of shit.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
WTF is wrong with you? I simply corrected a post with an OL comparison without comment. You're like Mary Poppins but the bag is full of shit.
and I am merely pointing out that they both stunk but excuses are made for why one stunk while the reasoning is ignored for the other one so wtf is wrong with you is the better question . Go pop that Midol camp is starting

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
and I am merely pointing out that they both stunk but excuses are made for why one stunk while the reasoning is ignored for the other one so wtf is wrong with you is the better question . Go pop that Midol camp is starting
LOL, you got all that from an OL ranking link. What a shit show you are. I have never, ever liked Dalton. Have often said he's bad when pressured. He's just better for this O than Foles. I hope Fields starts ASAP, when he's ready. If that's game 1, I'll be ecstatic.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Well, 20th is better than 32nd, right?

Been a charger fan forever, but have to admit I didnt start watching their games till week 3 or so last year.

Watching their clown show of an offensive line made my frame of reference way out of whack when watching the bears, I thought they were fairly decent/average. (again- perspective).

All in all, we probably wont see many 40 point games here, but Dalton should survive and Fields can definitely learn behind the line we have without dying.

If herbert can do what he did with what he had, I am not worried about Fields.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
He is probably the best qb sense Cutler so he should be able to hold the offense down long enough until they feel feilds is ready to play.
That is a very low bar. I would say Dalton has entered the stage of journeyman backup.