Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Educate me please - the pic in your avatar - who/what is that? I see a few posters here have this guy .... I am probably being blind/dumb here and I should know I guess but I don't .... curious
Some guy named Harold, I believe. The Best person to ask is @tardigrade

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
I actually think the Rams stack up really well against Green Bay. Jalen Ramsey can go one on one with Adams. Donald can pressure Rodgers right up the gut.

And Cam Akers is a beast who can help with a physical run game. I don't think the Packers have the defense to make Goff look terrible. So, yeah, I think they win.
i had cam akers in fantasy and he really pissed me off but once he got rolling look out, i predict right now he'll be a top 6 RB next year

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
The part that stood out to me was McCaskey basically saying this is not a one year prove it type thing. He made it clear that there is no metric by which he will base his decision next year on. Just a general feel of whether they are headed in the right direction

Basically, if we draft well, he's back.

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
This is exactly why i've been screaming that you cannot let him come back. We're doomed.
This is definitely concerning, but could make for an entertaining offseason.

For all we know though Pace has been promised beyond next year or a shot at another coach. It is strange how adamant they were about not confirming contracts.

Perspective

Liked Posts:
Go damnit this is the worst. Imagine Pace trading 3 firsts to move up for Wilson/Lance/Jones and they bust. Bears are fucked for years.

So u want Pace to go get the next Mahomes or no? Mahomes could have busted too but the Chiefs decided they were gonna trade up and get him.... I love this forum....people bitch incessantly that the Bears have never had a good QB and if the GM decides to go get one they bitch too.... ;lol

Brownie

Liked Posts:
Most valuable info I got is George basically said Pace has no restrictions and has the green light to mortgage the future, trade future picks, etc. since he is the sole football guy.

So with Pace on the hot seat, I full expect to see him go all in on QB this offseason.

I expect fireworks.

The part that stood out to me was McCaskey basically saying this is not a one year prove it type thing. He made it clear that there is no metric by which he will base his decision next year on. Just a general feel of whether they are headed in the right direction

Basically, if we draft well, he's back.

What a fuckin joke.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I actually think the Rams stack up really well against Green Bay. Jalen Ramsey can go one on one with Adams. Donald can pressure Rodgers right up the gut.

And Cam Akers is a beast who can help with a physical run game. I don't think the Packers have the defense to make Goff look terrible. So, yeah, I think they win.
I just dont have the faith in their offense to go score for score. They can slow them down but can they still keep up?

Rise

Liked Posts:
Go Rams? Man he is pathetic.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So u want Pace to go get the next Mahomes or no? Mahomes could have busted too but the Chiefs decided they were gonna trade up and get him.... I love this forum....people bitch incessantly that the Bears have never had a good QB and if the GM decides to go get one they bitch too.... ;lol
I don't have faith in Pace to identify that guy and if he gets lucky and does I have no faith in Nagy actually being able to coach him.

Liked Posts:
The only thing that I found believable in what George said was the part of how committed they are to Ted Phillips....that's it.

He'll give you the political bs about Pace & Nagy, but if next season goes the way many are expecting it to go (complete disaster), they're gone.....especially Nagy, he might be gone during the season.

Perspective

Liked Posts:
I don't have faith in Pace to identify that guy and if he gets lucky and does I have no faith in Nagy actually being able to coach him.

But there are only QBs that Pace can go get .... so whats the risk.... the entire board says Lawrence Fields and Wilson are the top 3 choices in the draft.... the entire NFL drafting community agrees with that .... so if Pace goes gets one of them what's the issue here? The entire scouting community had Mitch as the consensus best QB and Darnold as consistent best QB in those drafts too .... I love all the "results orientation" crap that NFL media and fans go with

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
Most valuable info I got is George basically said Pace has no restrictions and has the green light to mortgage the future, trade future picks, etc. since he is the sole football guy.

So with Pace on the hot seat, I full expect to see him go all in on QB this offseason.

I expect fireworks.

Getting a QB doesnt save Pace's job .

Putting a cohesive offense on the field, making the playoffs, and winning a playoff game does

Going all out for the qb only makes the spotlight brighter and ensures a slow start gets you fired .

or worse yet

would anyone be okay if we traded a ton of assets for Matt Ryan if it meant Ngy and Pace also get 4 year extensions ?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
The last question from Parkins about Mitch's comment about culture is very telling. The top 4 certainly had a line they wanted to get out there, and it was hammered by all of them. Seems like George is lying about not knowing that Mitch had said that.