Dan Durkin writes: Should Bears be looking for offensive mind to replace John Fox?

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
I think Fox used to be a good HC. No doubt there. He's just not been the same since his valve replacement in '13. Let him go back to NC and play golf the rest of his days.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think Fox used to be a good HC. No doubt there. He's just not been the same since his valve replacement in '13. Let him go back to NC and play golf the rest of his days.

Maybe they gave him a valve that belonged to Dennis Erickson?

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I almost won the lottery once. What exactly does almost get you because it got me nothing?

..Well for John Fox it got him contract extensions and helped him get his job in Denver and Chicago so....quite a bit.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Considering that both have won exactly nothing as head coaches, it is very possible.

Yeah, great summation of Fox's NFL career. He's been to two Super Bowls but "has won nothing" during his NFL career.

Can't wait for MoJo's review of Marv Levy and Bud Grant. "Won nothing"

Washington

Liked Posts:
:obama:

This is not what was said. Good work.

Sure it was. Do you realize that all posts made on CCS stay there. He put Andy Reid in that same list in post #65.

Many good coaches had 15+ years and never won a SB...some are even in the HOF...Reeves, Knox, Schottenheimer, Andy Reid, of earlier vintage Levy, Bud Grant, George Allen, Sid Gillman.

Still makes me laugh seeing Fox and Reid compared to those others. I do like how you feel the need to defend your friend. You too are so cute together.

Washington

Liked Posts:
Makes sense. Fox and Erickson are in the same league because they've both won nothing and they've both been fired.

Good analysis! If this is what the football discussion is going to be today, I have to bow out. MojoRisin's utter stupidity has carried the day. Round of applause.

Thanks man. Glad it finally makes sense because it is very clear cut and factual. All that praise in one day from you. It means a lot to me. Well, not really but I know you feel better when people pat you on that back or whatever it is FT does for you.

Washington

Liked Posts:
Yeah, great summation of Fox's NFL career. He's been to two Super Bowls but "has won nothing" during his NFL career.

I found the summation to be very accurate. Glad you did too. Thanks for summarizing it for me.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Sure it was. Do you realize that all posts made on CCS stay there. He put Andy Reid in that same list in post #65.

He wasn't comparing the success of Reid to guys like Levy and Grant. What the hell are you talking about?! I would classify Andy Reid as a "good" NFL HC that has coached for 15+ years and never won a SB. That doesn't mean Reid is the equal of guys like Levy, Grant etc. it simply means he's on a list of coaches that could at minimum be labeled good, have been in the NFL for 15+ years and never won a SB.

What is your issue with the statement? Is Andy Reid not a good NFL HC? Has he not head coached in the NFL for 15+ years? Has he won a SB we are not aware of?

Washington

Liked Posts:
You have no conscience...or brain!

Actually both and I'm a good Christian too as well as being a husband (of a female) for 31 years with 2 very successful kids. I do read and comprehend well. Post #65. It is there for all to read. Terrible comparison you made if I must say so myself but you have this propensity to fail when you get your undies in a bundle and don't think before you type.

Washington

Liked Posts:
He wasn't comparing the success of Reid to guys like Levy and Grant. What the hell are you talking about?! I would classify Andy Reid as a "good" NFL HC that has coached for 15+ years and never won a SB. That doesn't mean Reid is the equal of guys like Levy, Grant etc. it simply means he's on a list of coaches that could at minimum be labeled good, have been in the NFL for 15+ years and never won a SB.

What is your issue with the statement? Is Andy Reid not a good NFL HC? Has he not head coached in the NFL for 15+ years? Has he won a SB we are not aware of?

Post #65. The comparison was made. Can't take it back now but I'm sure Rory appreciates your love. I'm still boggled over it as it hits a new CCS low.

RunRunRunPunt

Liked Posts:
3.jpg

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Post #65. The comparison was made. Can't take it back now but I'm sure Rory appreciates your love. I'm still boggled over it as it hits a new CCS low.

Washington

Liked Posts:

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Washington

Liked Posts:

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Are you not answering the question in order to be dense?

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wasn't comparing them. I am starting to lose hope for CCS. Lewis has yet to win a playoff game, BTW. Great stuff.

Let me clarify, you should not group them together IMO as one has been much more successful than the other for the last 5 years or so. I don't only focus on the playoffs as I would be about 70% happy watching a 10-11 win team every year even if they didn't win in the playoffs. That's a rich people problem, not winning the yearly playoff game. The Bears should be working on maintaining relevance up to Thanksgiving.