Darrius Slay (2 INTs) says he prepped for Trubisky staring down his receivers

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
The reality of it is, trubisky has a lot of room to grow but one flaw that I noticed is that right now when he doesn't feel safe behind the line he will stare down a little bit.

Certainly not Jay Cutler bad, but enough that while you guys are saying trubisky you throw the ball right to where he was, he was in that spot because he read Mitch's eyes and knew where to be. These guys are trained to do that.

And someone else said, with a better coach he will learn to look off receivers.

But if we are being honest, he didn't really have much time to look off receivers before going back to them because the line was utter dogshit.

I keep telling people the Bears offensive line is overrated. Whitehair is the only permanent keeper and Leno is someone you can live with but there's certainly better you can draft if so fortunate.

The line and the receivers are equally as important this off-season.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Jawbreaker

Liked Posts:
Thing is Mitch isn't a good QB and unless we get a good staff around him his development is fucked. Dude is extremely green

This post is a harsh but very true. He is in desperate need a great coaching and development. All of which is a little surprising for a #2 pick. Usually with #2 picks those guys are fundamentally sound and just need seasoning. Trubs is more of a developmental pick. The tools are there but in the end, coaching will be the key.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Coming outta NC Trubs was suppose 2 be accurate. He's gotta protect the fb. Perhaps he'll be better next yr

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I never thought I would live to see the Bears become the Lions punching bag.

If I wasn't so apathetic towards this franchise I would actually be pissed or at least sad. Meh

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Since the Bears are so terrible, I get more pleasure out of knowing that the Lions and Packers are going to fall on their faces at some point in time. I'm okay with the Vikings having a little success. I feel bad for them always falling on their faces. So great season, guys! You're going to fall on your faces in the playoffs, too. Lololol.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Yap Trubisky had some bad throws, he did a good job of going through his progressions.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Makes all the sense in the world why Trubs has been restricted in basically all of his starts. Coaching staff knows that he can't handle the NFL yet and he wasn't really ready to play, but Glennon crapping the bed so bad and so early forced their hand. 3 picks when he throws it nearly 50 times. People still won't get it, but the reason Trubisky has been limited is because he is still way too green to be a NFL QB. There also was no way that the coaches were going to admit that in the press and let every other team know that the Bears are as one-dimensional as they can possibly be.

I still have faith that Trubs will be good, but he needs at least 2 full seasons in the NFL after only having started 13 games in college. Probably 4 more years until the Bears make the playoffs, IMO.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Makes all the sense in the world why Trubs has been restricted in basically all of his starts. Coaching staff knows that he can't handle the NFL yet and he wasn't really ready to play, but Glennon crapping the bed so bad and so early forced their hand. 3 picks when he throws it nearly 50 times. People still won't get it, but the reason Trubisky has been limited is because he is still way too green to be a NFL QB. There also was no way that the coaches were going to admit that in the press and let every other team know that the Bears are as one-dimensional as they can possibly be.

I still have faith that Trubs will be good, but he needs at least 2 full seasons in the NFL after only having started 13 games in college. Probably 4 more years until the Bears make the playoffs, IMO.

the problem with this is the QB your describing isn't worthy of a top 3 pick, giving away pics to boot. Developmental QBs typically to later in the draft.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
The fist int came when Wright, inexplicably, not only didn't try for the ball, but also seemed to try to NOT to catch the ball....

Yep saw that too. Guessing, because the ball was so far over his head, he thought it was intended for someone else. If that was case, unless it was a flood call, the intended would have to be way out of place.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
the problem with this is the QB your describing isn't worthy of a top 3 pick, giving away pics to boot. Developmental QBs typically to later in the draft.

Sure, but you have to put yourself in the Bears' spot with the # 3 pick. When was the last time the Bears drafted a QB in the top 10? I'm thinking never. I guess you could consider the trade for Mirer back in the day. This to me at least signaled that Pace got it through the thick McCaskey skull that the franchise needed to swing for the fences or it wasn't going anywhere, which is totally true. This is a heavy QB driven league now. The 80s era of football went extinct a long time ago. Trubs has the tools just needs experience and mentoring at the NFL level. Even if Trubs fails, the good news is that the Bears will then find themselves in a spot to pick a QB high in short order. There is no other way to the promised land in the NFL.

iffybiz

Liked Posts:
All rookie QB are “developmental” even Watson who had great experience in college is top five in the league in Interceptions per throw.
He made three bad throws and it cost him. He also threw for 67% completion rate and 300 yards. He also had several perfect throws that were dropped. All this happened when the defense knew exactly when a pass was going to be thrown by formation. The coaching did him no favors yesterday, nor his receivers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
I ain’t worried. Young quarterback and in development. You’ll have good and bad days with him early on. Darrius can say he prepped for him but that wasn’t the case why Trubisky was intercepted.

First int Trubisky threw it to high which went over the receivers head and into the defender hands that was behind the receiver. Clearly a bad throw from Trubisky.

2nd int was just a bad decision from Trubisky. Trubisky threw into double coverage. There were 2 defenders covering that receiver from the get go. So the defender didn’t play zone and read his eyes and as soon as Trubisky threw it, he made a play at the ball. That was not the case.

3rd, receiver ran the wrong route from what is said. Even if the receiver hadn’t, the defender was still behind the receiver and the ball was thrown right to him. Therefor he didn’t make a play for the ball. It would have just been a bad throw from Trubisky. Simple as that if you ask me.

Now Trubisky, get better kid. Looking forward to seeing you do that. Let’s go!!

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I’m sure there is a perfectly good excuse for those ints. But it’s not diabetes like the cutxcuses lmfao

They were exactly as described. He'll learn from it.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

That isn't true at all.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
All rookie QB are “developmental” even Watson who had great experience in college is top five in the league in Interceptions per throw.
He made three bad throws and it cost him. He also threw for 67% completion rate and 300 yards. He also had several perfect throws that were dropped. All this happened when the defense knew exactly when a pass was going to be thrown by formation. The coaching did him no favors yesterday, nor his receivers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is the problem when you look at the game off the stat sheet and don't actually watch the game (or have short term memory and can only remember the last quarter).

232 of the Bears 350 yards of offense came on the last 3 possessions, with the Lions in prevent. We call these garbage time stats. Two of those possessions ended in INT's. It was Brian Hoyer Part II. Three of the 10 points the Bears scored was a gift turnover and not the result of any type of drive by the Bears. I didn't see many perfect throws that were dropped tbh.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Sure, but you have to put yourself in the Bears' spot with the # 3 pick. When was the last time the Bears drafted a QB in the top 10? I'm thinking never. I guess you could consider the trade for Mirer back in the day. This to me at least signaled that Pace got it through the thick McCaskey skull that the franchise needed to swing for the fences or it wasn't going anywhere, which is totally true. This is a heavy QB driven league now. The 80s era of football went extinct a long time ago. Trubs has the tools just needs experience and mentoring at the NFL level. Even if Trubs fails, the good news is that the Bears will then find themselves in a spot to pick a QB high in short order. There is no other way to the promised land in the NFL.

McMahon at #5.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I ain’t worried. Young quarterback and in development. You’ll have good and bad days with him early on. Darrius can say he prepped for him but that wasn’t the case why Trubisky was intercepted.

First int Trubisky threw it to high which went over the receivers head and into the defender hands that was behind the receiver. Clearly a bad throw from Trubisky.

2nd int was just a bad decision from Trubisky. Trubisky threw into double coverage. There were 2 defenders covering that receiver from the get go. So the defender didn’t play zone and read his eyes and as soon as Trubisky threw it, he made a play at the ball. That was not the case.

3rd, receiver ran the wrong route from what is said. Even if the receiver hadn’t, the defender was still behind the receiver and the ball was thrown right to him. Therefor he didn’t make a play for the ball. It would have just been a bad throw from Trubisky. Simple as that if you ask me.

Now Trubisky, get better kid. Looking forward to seeing you do that. Let’s go!!

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

Mitch had a 55 rating when throwing to the receiver Slay was covering. I guess Slay is just one lucky SOB.......