David Montgomery Comparisons

Novoitus

Mitch Trubisky Fan
Liked Posts:
He has very good feet and strength. His vision is pretty inconsistent. He has decent burst but is not fast.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
His screen drop against I think the Eagles at the end was atrocious. That could’ve extended a game winning drive.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Athleticism primarily and vision secondarily are his worst traits. Also needs to develop a bit more decisiveness in the hole.

Contact balance is elite, feet are very good, hands are very good. With a solid OL and scheme can be a top 10 back no doubt.
U r joking right ? His vision is why he gets any yards period. Like is this a troll ??

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The great Jordan Howard will likely be a platoon RB the rest of his career. His FA period next year will net him a lot of low budget offers. Montgomery will never be fast enough and he needs to hit the hole more decisively but he's getting about as much as he can behind this OL.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Y'all are fools! This dude is a baller! Make Sweetness proud AF!

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Way too slow for Howard comparison

I’m going old school with the ultra back Raymont Harris.

Raymont is “old school” now? Fuck I’m getting old if that’s the case.

JUSTFINGWIN

Liked Posts:
He is very average with zero explosion. We need to add more explosion to the RB position this off-season...someone with more speed and burst that can rip off big runs. Monty is more of a scatter back imo and Cohen is more situational and really not a RB.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
He is very average with zero explosion. We need to add more explosion to the RB position this off-season...someone with more speed and burst that can rip off big runs. Monty is more of a scatter back imo and Cohen is more situational and really not a RB.
No.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Athleticism primarily and vision secondarily are his worst traits. Also needs to develop a bit more decisiveness in the hole.

Contact balance is elite, feet are very good, hands are very good. With a solid OL and scheme can be a top 10 back no doubt.

He's been trained all season to not trust his holes to be there. Cohen also. No surprise they hesitate to see all options when most often there are absolutely none. DM is far more than we've seen, but he's not Barry Sanders out of the gate.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
I challenge anyone who says he doesn't have very good vision to find a single clip to prove he doesn't....

JUSTFINGWIN

Liked Posts:
I challenge anyone who says he doesn't have very good vision to find a single clip to prove he doesn't....
The o-line has been terrible there's no doubt about it but if he had any explosion he'd have rip off some nice runs already regardless. He's decent but just not a featured back imo.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
The best Montgomery comparison is Marion Barber.

Great balance, power, feet and vision but limited athleticism which will limit him to being a very good RB but never a great one.