Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
You know nothing of football.

I watched a lot of Montgomery at Iowa State as I’m an Iowa fan so always keep tabs and have been much more familiar with him than you ever have.

His YPC at ISU was very mediocre for a RB getting drafted into the NFL as well.

This guy is a average NFL RB at absolute best.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Jealous because Monty is getting praise and not Mitch? LOL!

Fuck Mitch, I am done with his inconsistent bum slaying ass.

Neither should get the benefit of the doubt.

Monty will be a replaceable level player every year he’s in the league.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
I'm surprised that he's averaged 14 carries a game I would have thought it less than that but what back can get a head of steam going w 14 carries

Reactions: DC

greg23

Liked Posts:
A better comp:

Walter Payton....both bears

Jim Brown....both black

Eric Dickerson....both long last names

Emmitt Smith....both shorter

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Maurice Jones-Drew. David is like a bowling bowl.

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:
i am going to get crap for this but here goes. When he is never giving up..never quitting on plays it reminds me of how Payton ran. Again i am not saying he is walter payton but the guy has heart and you cant teach that

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
i am going to get crap for this but here goes. When he is never giving up..never quitting on plays it reminds me of how Payton ran. Again i am not saying he is walter payton but the guy has heart and you cant teach that

I mentioned during the preseason how fighting for extra yards could cost us at times. A lot of ppl jumped my shit saying there's no such thing as meaningless yards.

Perfect examples last night. Fighting for meaningless yards....got the ball striped on one play....injured himself on another.

Just as I thought.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Hi running style is actually very similar to Thomas Jones. He's a little stronger and a little less illusive, but the jump cuts, the feet, the will to finish runs are similar. You can see this in the linked video, but also check out how much room TJ has to operate in lots of these plays.

https://www.newyorkjets.com/video/thomas-jones-2006-highlights-2417172

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Monts had a very good nite. Thought he was on pace to take over the game, but most everything was working on offense, and he only needed to play a part. I think the OL lost steam in the last quarter which limited his effectiveness. But still, he didn't demonstrate he could do it without help.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
I mentioned during the preseason how fighting for extra yards could cost us at times. A lot of ppl jumped my shit saying there's no such thing as meaningless yards.

Perfect examples last night. Fighting for meaningless yards....got the ball striped on one play....injured himself on another.

Just as I thought.
I bet you thought up pulling on a man's facemask to force someone's body to contort resulting in said fumble and never calling a penalty on the play and all night on obvious face masks throughout the game. Perfect example of how stupid you are and the how fucking shitty reffing was last night.

Ps we won the game.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
I bet you thought up pulling on a man's facemask to force someone's body to contort resulting in said fumble and never calling a penalty on the play and all night on obvious face masks throughout the game. Perfect example of how stupid you are and the how fucking shitty reffing was last night.

Ps we won the game.

Struck a nerve? I have no problem with you. Why resort to calling people stupid??

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Struck a nerve? I have no problem with you. Why resort to calling people stupid??
Sorry, I just disagree with so many people on this forum and 95% are trolls or actual retards. I see red when i come on here.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:

Just as I thought.
But tbf he got his face mask grabbed on that fumble so his extra EFFORT would've gotten the Bears an ADDITIONAL 15 yards, but the refs wanted the Cowboys to win.

Bearsgonewild

Liked Posts:
I thought the refs didn't blow the whistle for Montgomery quickly after forward momentum was stopped. Multiple times, yes on the fumble too.

Would Montgomery benefit from more pitch outs? The great Walter Payton seemed to do well with those. Or can our O-Line not handle that?

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
Athleticism primarily and vision secondarily are his worst traits. Also needs to develop a bit more decisiveness in the hole.

Contact balance is elite, feet are very good, hands are very good. With a solid OL and scheme can be a top 10 back no doubt.
His biggest problem is he has no initial burst at all. If he had that he could get past the line before his blockers get beat.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There’s a lot of people on this board that need to go see an eye doctor. Thursday night was a perfect example as to how good of a runner he is, and what he can do when he gets to the second level. When he actually had holes, he burst through them and never went down on first contact. I will easily take that fumble for the number of first downs he fought for earlier in the game. I suppose Zeke would have performed better behind our line? The line that’s worse than the Cowboy’s line? The Zeke that got shut down when he had no running lanes and a predictable passing game? I’m not saying they’re equal, just that Zeke can’t do shit either when his line can’t block.

Some people around here hold Montgomery’s game play to the standard of the highlight reels of other running backs and it’s hilarious.