Deng should play game 7?

Rose1

Liked Posts:
I think Deng should play game 7 just to try and keep our season alive. I think the more the better for us. I think he can help as a reserve because right now we need all the ammo we can use. I think Deng could play solid defense and get us some freewill type plays. Deng can play Pierce aggressive which enables Salmons to play more on the offensive end. Besides, least worse case Deng can foul out. I think he has the freshest legs out of everybody!

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
Yea him hobbling would help us so much.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
I'm sorry but Deng is saving himself for the GB national team. He can't be bothered to play for the pesky bulls, i mean they only gave him 71 million and its just a game 7.

mlewinth

Liked Posts:
Uhhhhh no. I am ok with Salmons thank you very much. Deng hasn't played in half a season. Tim Thomas at least is healthy and ready to go for his 2.5 min a game. We need Deng healthy next year. Give him a bag of popcorn and a diet coke and let him enjoy the series from the sidelines like the rest of us.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
I want Deng to cry in the offseason when he thinks about this past season, i want him to look in the mirror and be ashamed of what he sees. He failed us big time and he knows it but i have no doubts that we will see a legit Luol next season because of this.

mlewinth

Liked Posts:
Newskoolbulls wrote:
I want Deng to cry in the offseason when he thinks about this past season, i want him to look in the mirror and be ashamed of what he sees. He failed us big time and he knows it but i have no doubts that we will see a legit Luol next season because of this.

Amen to that brother! That's more like it! I hope Deng spends the off season spanking it, using his own tears as lubricant.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
mlewinth wrote:
Uhhhhh no. I am ok with Salmons thank you very much. Deng hasn't played in half a season. Tim Thomas at least is healthy and ready to go for his 2.5 min a game. We need Deng healthy next year. Give him a bag of popcorn and a diet coke and let him enjoy the series from the sidelines like the rest of us.
No ones asking him to play big minutes. But 10-15mpg would be huge since apparently Tim Thomas has ceased being an NBA quality player recently. I would prefer Deng with one leg over LJ. With this series being as close as it is and I can't believe I am saying this, a backup Deng could be the difference.

mlewinth

Liked Posts:
TheStig wrote:
mlewinth wrote:
No ones asking him to play big minutes. But 10-15mpg would be huge since apparently Tim Thomas has ceased being an NBA quality player recently. I would prefer Deng with one leg over LJ. With this series being as close as it is and I can't believe I am saying this, a backup Deng could be the difference.

I honestly think Deng would be ice cold, having not played in 4 months. If there is even a .01345% chance that Deng's playing would affect his recovery, I say no way. Deng has blown this season. He's gotta come back next season ready to play.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
Maybe Deng wants to play but mgt is telling him no. They do have alot invested in him. However if indeed he is the one saying he cant play and I am the Bulls I try and make it hell for him to go play for GB, rip him to the media at every opportunity. I am sorry but when your paid 71 million your mind should only be on the organization you play for.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
mlewinth wrote:
TheStig wrote:
mlewinth wrote:

I honestly think Deng would be ice cold, having not played in 4 months. If there is even a .01345% chance that Deng's playing would affect his recovery, I say no way. Deng has blown this season. He's gotta come back next season ready to play.

agreed 100%

He would actually be so slow defending a guy like Peirce, its just to much to ask if he still is indeed hurt.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Newskoolbulls wrote:
Maybe Deng wants to play but mgt is telling him no. They do have alot invested in him. However if indeed he is the one saying he cant play and I am the Bulls I try and make it hell for him to go play for GB, rip him to the media at every opportunity. I am sorry but when your paid 71 million your mind should only be on the organization you play for.
Management doesn't hold anyone out. Salmons has been hobbling around for almost a month and BG has been doing it for a couple of games. Meanwhile, Deng is sipping mimosas on the sideline.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
mlewinth wrote:
TheStig wrote:
mlewinth wrote:

I thought he should have suited up the last week of the season, even if he reinjured himself, the recovery time is 3 months, which he would be good to go in late summer. Just not good for the GB team. I doubt management is too happy with him either, I remember the comments that were made around the injury where there was confusion and they questioned his toughness indirectly.

Rose1

Liked Posts:
TheStig wrote:
mlewinth wrote:

Man I saw Tim Thomas in game 3 try to crossover somebody and I laughed so hard that I wasn't even mad we got blown out at home. He needs to retire. I'm fine with Novak taking them shots he takes. Yeah he done with. I believe Deng can use his length on Allen and Pierce. Besides, one game, and it isn't like he's playing a vital role. I think 10 minutes would be nice because if he can stand in OT, obviously he isn't in that bad of condition. I'm telling you, people in media keep saying Garnett wants to pull a Willis Reed, well Deng could pull that being he's more healthy than KG. Deng length will have slow moving Pierce on cruise patrol. Last, the game is more important than Deng future with the Bulls to be honest. I don't see him being here after that contract - if that lasts.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
TheStig wrote:
Newskoolbulls wrote:
Management doesn't hold anyone out. Salmons has been hobbling around for almost a month and BG has been doing it for a couple of games. Meanwhile, Deng is sipping mimosas on the sideline.

Sadly this is the way the NBA is nowadays. Guys like Luol who have long term deals take there time and guys like Ben who needs a deal and John who has one year left are busting there ass, however sadly when they get there deals they will do the same. Thats how sad this league is. NFL non guaranteed contracts is great, pull that shit in the NFL and your gone.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Rose1 wrote:
TheStig wrote:
mlewinth wrote:

Man I saw Tim Thomas in game 3 try to crossover somebody and I laughed so hard that I wasn't even mad we got blown out at home. He needs to retire. I'm fine with Novak taking them shots he takes. Yeah he done with. I believe Deng can use his length on Allen and Pierce. Besides, one game, and it isn't like he's playing a vital role. I think 10 minutes would be nice because if he can stand in OT, obviously he isn't in that bad of condition. I'm telling you, people in media keep saying Garnett wants to pull a Willis Reed, well Deng could pull that being he's more healthy than KG. Deng length will have slow moving Pierce on cruise patrol. Last, the game is more important than Deng future with the Bulls to be honest. I don't see him being here after that contract - if that lasts.
Thats exactly what I mean. IF Salmons gets in foul trobule, you can put Deng in to get a couple of hard fouls on PP and play aggressive D on him. If he gets by him, foul PP hard.

Rose1

Liked Posts:
Dal Negro should put Gray to slap Rondo on his Wildcat behind. Who cares if Gray gets suspended lol!

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Newskoolbulls wrote:
TheStig wrote:
Newskoolbulls wrote:

Sadly this is the way the NBA is nowadays. Guys like Luol who have long term deals take there time and guys like Ben who needs a deal and John who has one year left are busting there ass, however sadly when they get there deals they will do the same. Thats how sad this league is. NFL non guaranteed contracts is great, pull that shit in the NFL and your gone.

I like you more and more everyday Newskool. So true about the NBA today. Though I don't believe Ben or Salmons will ever stop busting their asses. Gordon works on his game all the time. Salmons has had to prove himself every season. Deng, on the other hand, is soft. He's Mr. Glass. He's missed significant time every season other than 06-07. Even if he did come back, he would be no better than Linton Johnson. So should we have Linton Johnson playing 25mins in game 7? No I'll stick with the players who busted their ass the last 2months of the season while Deng was sitting on the bench with a bruised shin.

sabixx

Liked Posts:
Luol Deng? Play basketball? he hasn't done that in 2 years.

engies

Liked Posts:
I think if he can physically, suit him up just in case. I'd be happy to have him come in if Salmons got into foul trouble, or Ben. It would help

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
Even if he could play he hasn't practiced, let alone played a game, in months.