DeShaun Watson - Crunching the Numbers

Should the Bears trade for Watson

• Total voters

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
It’s incredibly rare a QB with Watson’s numbers at his age becomes available. In fact it’s basically unprecedented. I think it would need two first rounders, other picks and maybe a player or two.

And I think I would still do it.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
It’s incredibly rare a QB with Watson’s numbers at his age becomes available. In fact it’s basically unprecedented. I think it would need two first rounders, other picks and maybe a player or two.

And I think I would still do it.

Well at least Watson brings a playoff win with him. The last qb we gave up two first rounders for was a loser, who never won anything b4 or after he came here .....jay cutler . Oh wait 1 playoff win 8 yrs ? ?

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
@remydat you think Houston would accept Mack or Hicks?

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Because he would come to Chicago, have to learn one system, and then in the next year, need to start over.
Problem with this is thinking Nagy will be gone in 2022.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
wow......if satchice is suddenly now onboard with with Watson, maybe we all should be onboard?

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Except if we get the other guy from KC it wont be thst big of a learning curve
To expound on this, Nagy while having flaws actually has a good system and playbook. He is just severely handicapped by the mental midget he has at QB. Hell getting Watson might actually save his job

Last edited:

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think they'll actually get Watson, but it would be fun watching some Bears fans try to figure out why "playcalling" got so much better with Watson than it was with Mitch.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I don't think they'll actually get Watson, but it would be fun watching some Bears fans try to figure out why "playcalling" got so much better with Watson than it was with Mitch.
Me on sundays
Farmerfran Waterboy GIF - Farmerfran Waterboy Adamsandler - Discover &  Share GIFs

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't sell out for Watson at this point. You had your chance and fucked it away. And if he had issues with the Houston FO, I'd worry he'd likely find more issues with the Bears FO.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
I would love Watson but Pace won't do it imo. It will be too easy to point out that Watson cost him 3 first rounders plus and I don't think he'll go down that road.

More realistic imo is trading for Ryan, Tua, Darnold I do think pave will do something, but it won't a be trade for Watson I don't think he has d the humility

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't sell out for Watson at this point. You had your chance and fucked it away. And if he had issues with the Houston FO, I'd worry he'd likely find more issues with the Bears FO.
Sounds like something a soppy pussy would say

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sounds like something a soppy pussy would say
You didn't say it though, brother. I did. If the Bears went all in for Watson, it would cost them dearly and just seems to be a stronger likelihood of a qb failing in Chicago. You fucked up. Move on. There's more QB talent to be found.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Besides at least two first round picks, what players could we offer Houston they would want? Could we ship them Eddie Jackson or Jaylon J? What player(s) could be offered to lessen the draft capital required to acquire Watson?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Only you could spin a negative into a positive. The fact that Nagy and Pace are probably on the hottest seat in the NFL next year and stand a very good chance of getting fired, is merely one more reason Watson might avoid the Bears.

Why would Watson care about that? If anything it means that he would get to be involved in the GM and HC search in 2022 if things don't work out which is one of the reasons he wants out of Houston.

Watson likes Eric B based on the recommendation of Mahomes. It is likely he likes the system he sees in KC which is what we run in Chicago and as others have said if Eric B does not get a gig this year then next year if Nagy is fired, Watson can recommend Eric B to the Bears.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Why would Watson care about that? If anything it means that he would get to be involved in the GM and HC search in 2022 if things don't work out which is one of the reasons he wants out of Houston.
He's a lions fan

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
@remydat you think Houston would accept Mack or Hicks?

No if they end up wanting players I would think it would be more along the lines of Quan or Jaylon. I don't think they want to take on a ton of salary if they going to rebuild and given the Pats backgroud.

Besides at least two first round picks, what players could we offer Houston they would want? Could we ship them Eddie Jackson or Jaylon J? What player(s) could be offered to lessen the draft capital required to acquire Watson?

Quan and Jaylon. Jackson, Hicks, Fuller, Mack probably too costly for Texans to want to take on.