DeShaun Watson - Crunching the Numbers

Should the Bears trade for Watson

• Total voters

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
I had an idea

Pace only goes after quarterbacks who are terrible, like Mike Glennon and Mitchell Trubisky.

What if we compiled all the Watson posts made by jealous homers on CCS and sent them to Pace?

Pace would think that Watson is horrible and, after collaborating with some people, make a big dick trade to get him.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
This but in a Bears uniform.
Deshaun Watson Guitar GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Attachments

• 1610852655603.jpeg
    1610852655603.jpeg
    6.2 KB · Views: 0

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
And bring his 4-12 record to Chicago?

The Cutler deal handcuffed the team to get better for years. The Mack deal handcuffed the team to get better.
Dumbass fans never learn their lesson.

Anytime can still jack off to this guy if he's a Texan. ;)

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And bring his 4-12 record to Chicago?

The Cutler deal handcuffed the team to get better for years. The Mack deal handcuffed the team to get better.
Dumbass fans never learn their lesson.

Anytime can still jack off to this guy if he's a Texan. ;)
You're dumb.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
SF, Jets, Dolphins all have coaches and GMs safe so while they would love Watson, their jobs not dependent on getting him. Pace and Nagy are fired if they dont solve QB this year. Unless they too stupid to realize it, they should be absolutely desperate to get Watson and willing to top any offer.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
SF, Jets, Dolphins all have coaches and GMs safe so while they would love Watson, their jobs not dependent on getting him. Pace and Nagy are fired if they dont solve QB this year. Unless they too stupid to realize it, they should be absolutely desperate to get Watson and willing to top any offer.

They also could all offer more than the Bears. All have higher 1st round picks, all have extra picks in the first 3 rounds as well. In the case of SF and Miami, both teams may be closer than the Bears. The Dolphins won 2 more games than the Bears this year. SF is a year removed from the Superbowl and may have fewer holes than the Bears overall. Of course, the Texans could have the Raiders thinking that the Bears' draft picks will be higher going forward.

I still think this is the Dolphins trade to lose. They can offer 2 firsts this year and a young QB. I think the Texans would rather have Tua than draft the 3rd or 4th QB this year.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
They also could all offer more than the Bears. All have higher 1st round picks, all have extra picks in the first 3 rounds as well. In the case of SF and Miami, both teams may be closer than the Bears. The Dolphins won 2 more games than the Bears this year. SF is a year removed from the Superbowl and may have fewer holes than the Bears overall. Of course, the Texans could have the Raiders thinking that the Bears' draft picks will be higher going forward.

I still think this is the Dolphins trade to lose. They can offer 2 firsts this year and a young QB. I think the Texans would rather have Tua than draft the 3rd or 4th QB this year.

But that doesn't help us

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Yes they can hence why I said why I dont think they will. None of them need Watson to save their jobs. Pace and Nagy likely do.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

All have brighter futures too. Texans if intelligent would look at each team and see who is the worse out of all of them so they can have higher draft picks and thats us imo

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
with the way thing are shaping as of now and with Watson leaving tea leaves on social media..i'll give up the next two 1st round picks(2021 &2022), this years 3rd & 6th(2021), & 2022's 3th (5picks total). Trade Fuller(IMO to Broncos) for a late pick and a future conditional pic and cap space before draft night.

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
Watson’s career passer rating is over 104. I know passer rating isn’t everything but it’s a pretty good indicator of how good a QB is. And he’s the second best of all time currently.

The main place it falls down is comparing QBs of different eras with the modern game having been made so pass friendly, but that’s the same for all QB stats. Otherwise you only have to look at the passer rating tables to see all the best guys up there. Cousins is the only outlier as his numbers are good but you’d say he’s failed in the big moments.

To compare Mitch is 87 and Cutler was 85. Watson is statistically (factually) in a different league to anything Bears have had at the position in the modern era. Really when you look at Cutlers numbers we gave up a lot, but everyone loved his arm. There is a far clearer case for giving up a couple of firsts for Watson.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
All have brighter futures too. Texans if intelligent would look at each team and see who is the worse out of all of them so they can have higher draft picks and thats us imo

I agree they all have brighter futures, because those other teams have better coaches. But will the Bears really have higher draft picks? They don't think year. And if you add Watson to the 2020 Bears instead of Trubisky/Foles this is an 11-win team, probably easily.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Only you could spin a negative into a positive. The fact that Nagy and Pace are probably on the hottest seat in the NFL next year and stand a very good chance of getting fired, is merely one more reason Watson might avoid the Bears.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Only you could spin a negative into a positive. The fact that Nagy and Pace are probably on the hottest seat in the NFL next year and stand a very good chance of getting fired, is merely one more reason Watson might avoid the Bears.
Why would that bother Watson? He has no ties to either person and seens to want that guy from KC anyways. Losing Nagy and Pace is a complete positive

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why would that bother Watson? He has no ties to either person and seens to want that guy from KC anyways. Losing Nagy and Pace is a complete positive

Because he would come to Chicago, have to learn one system, and then in the next year, need to start over.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I feel like Pace will end up trading for a Matt Ryan or a Derek Carr. lol. I hope they go for Watson though

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Because he would come to Chicago, have to learn one system, and then in the next year, need to start over.
not if the Bears hire Eric B, who seems like won't get a job this year either

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Except if we get the other guy from KC it wont be thst big of a learning curve