Diamondbacks @ Cubs series

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Would like to tack on a cpl more runs here soon and get into their bullpen early in the series.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Would like to tack on a cpl more runs here soon and get into their bullpen early in the series.

They used 5 pitchers in a loss yesterday -- Let's have a repeat performance :D

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
Sure do feel bad for the Cubs fans that are stuck watching, or in my case listening, to this awful team play.

I am happy the Cubs are winning. Scratch that!.

I am happy for a few players that will be going forward with the team in the future, but I will start to do cartwheels, butt naked, in the middle of the day and in my front yard when they start playing 6 months of solid baseball like they did in 07' and 08'. :turtle:

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
Love to see the Cubs crushing the ball lately.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I'd say Garza's done -- 93 pitches through 7 innings, giving up 2 runs, 4Ks, 0 BB.

That, my friends, is the Garza I like.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's great that they are winning.

Nobody wants the cubs to lose.... we just know this team is at it's best average so it is difficult to generate excitement.

The vast majority of posts on this board has been about how this team is historically bad right now.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am happy the Cubs are winning. Scratch that!.

I am happy for a few players that will be going forward with the team in the future, but I will start to do cartwheels, butt naked, in the middle of the day and in my front yard when they start playing 6 months of solid baseball like they did in 07' and 08'. :turtle:

Fun fact..the 2013 Cubs record is virtually identical to the 2007 Cubs team on this date, 23-30 compared to 22-29. Unfortunately I don't think the 2013 Cubs are going to win 63 more games from this point in the season or mid 80s will be enough to sneak into the playoffs like in 07.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Bullpen retired 7 straight.

Not bad.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Fun fact..the 2013 Cubs record is virtually identical to the 2007 Cubs team on this date, 23-30 compared to 22-29. Unfortunately I don't think the 2013 Cubs are going to win 63 more games from this point in the season or mid 80s will be enough to sneak into the playoffs like in 07.

All we need is Soriano to get hot again....

:troll:

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Bullpen retired 7 straight.

Not bad.

Bullpen's been a lot better the last cpl weeks I believe. Not checked out the box scores for all the game -- but seems to have been improving.

Franko725

Liked Posts:
Bullpen's been a lot better the last cpl weeks I believe. Not checked out the box scores for all the game -- but seems to have been improving.

Nonsense. The Bullpen sucks. The Rotation sucks. The everyday players suck. The whole team sucks. :cubstroll:

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Franko725

Liked Posts:
Come on X, you know that was at least a little bit funny.

Going to the game next Saturday, and really hope they are still playing this way come next weekend.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kinda like the Cubs' chances against Ian Kennedy tomorrow.

Not as sure about which Edwin Jackson decides to show up on Sunday, especially since his last couple starts have been cut short.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Come on X, you know that was at least a little bit funny.

Going to the game next Saturday, and really hope they are still playing this way come next weekend.

truth be told, I lol'd a little.

Good luck to ya man...the last time I went to a Cubs game, they ran off 5 straight wins...............and counting...:smug2:

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Got to like the way the Cubs are playing right now. It is too bad that it happened after getting the shit kicked out of us by teams ahead in the division, but still better late than never. Another interesting aspect of this five game winning streak is that over half of the wins have come against lefties. This team is clearly not as good as they've looked the past week, but they aren't as bad as the team that showed up the week before.

Franko725

Liked Posts:
Got to like the way the Cubs are playing right now. It is too bad that it happened after getting the shit kicked out of us by teams ahead in the division, but still better late than never. Another interesting aspect of this five game winning streak is that over half of the wins have come against lefties. This team is clearly not as good as they've looked the past week, but they aren't as bad as the team that showed up the week before.

The only thing I would say to this is that they have the rotation to be as good as they have looked the last week. It is just a question of whether the team can continue to put up runs or not. If they can keep scoring 4 runs a game or so, they will keep winning at a decent rate.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
The only thing I would say to this is that they have the rotation to be as good as they have looked the last week. It is just a question of whether the team can continue to put up runs or not. If they can keep scoring 4 runs a game or so, they will keep winning at a decent rate.
That is two different things. The underlying numbers suggest that this team is a .500ish ball club, but the actual record has been much worse prior to the recent streak. The Cubs aren't going to pound out 7+ runs consistently like they have the past four days, and so they aren't as good as they've looked now. Whether they settle into the team run differentials have suggested is the real question.

Last edited:

Willrust

Liked Posts:
Is it just a coincidence that the Cubs have gone on this streak since putting Shawn Camp on the DL?