Diamondbacks @ Cubs series

CSF77

Liked Posts:
13-14 for May. after a 10-16 Apr.

justaChifan

Liked Posts:
The Cubs are sort of on fire right now.
Cynicism or trolling beside, I really think Cub fans want to see this continue. I like it.
If by chance they can keep it up by the trading deadline. Will fans be happy with a sell off of some key players that made the success happen?

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Cubs are sort of on fire right now.
Cynicism or trolling beside, I really think Cub fans want to see this continue. I like it.
If by chance they can keep it up by the trading deadline. Will fans be happy with a sell off of some key players that made the success happen?

Fans aren't supposed to be happy about a fire sale. At the same time, I'm appreciative of an ownership and a front office that doesn't really care about appeasing fan sensibilities right now because fans are generally not very sensible. Big picture time.

justaChifan

Liked Posts:
Fans aren't supposed to be happy about a fire sale. At the same time, I'm appreciative of an ownership and a front office that doesn't really care about appeasing fan sensibilities right now because fans are generally not very sensible. Big picture time.

I know the big picture of a long term rebuild. But weren't fans told the Cubs would be buyers if they were in it?

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know the big picture of a long term rebuild. But weren't fans told the Cubs would be buyers if they were in it?

They kept the wording ambiguous enough that you can think of it as one thing and they can do another. I know it pisses people off, but I'm sure despite the fact that this team is improved (peripherals-wise anyway) from the previous season, they're still not as good as the Cards or Reds and probably not as good as the Pirates, which means they're not even going to get a wild card spot. So they'll sell, fans will get pissed off, and they won't care because #ThePlan.

Sucks, but that's what they're probably going to do even if the Cubs magically pull to within a couple games of third place.

justaChifan

Liked Posts:
They kept the wording ambiguous enough that you can think of it as one thing and they can do another. I know it pisses people off, but I'm sure despite the fact that this team is improved (peripherals-wise anyway) from the previous season, they're still not as good as the Cards or Reds and probably not as good as the Pirates, which means they're not even going to get a wild card spot. So they'll sell, fans will get pissed off, and they won't care because #ThePlan.

Sucks, but that's what they're probably going to do even if the Cubs magically pull to within a couple games of third place.

You're absolutely right, They know how to play the fans as chumps. But ownership has to be somewhat concerned with falling attendance. Especially this city series.

Willrust

Liked Posts:
Given the way things are going in the NL Central, the Cubs would need to have a winning percentage of approximately .650 going forward to get a wildcard spot. Not very likely.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Given the way things are going in the NL Central, the Cubs would need to have a winning percentage of approximately .650 going forward to get a wildcard spot. Not very likely.

It's not -- but there are some promising signs with this team. They're not going to win the WS in the next two years, but long-term commitments to Shark and Garza would be a good start, imo.

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
Is the game gonna be rained out or can we get it in?

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Bases loaded

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
2-1 Cubs.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
3-1.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nice to see the Cubs make something of the bases loaded situation.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Woah, he was out.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Dale ejected.

Mr. Cub

Liked Posts:
Blown call. Sveum was irate. Don't blame him

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Shark has been awesome again, but unfortunately his pitch count is too high. If he could have started the next inning with Kennedy he might have been able to go another inning, but I don't see how they trot him out there for the seventh.

Mr. Cub

Liked Posts:
Well, that 5 game win streak was fun. Now back to your regular scheduled program.