Did Andy Dalton lose his job today?

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I hope so. Fields, while it's clear he his a rookie and will make mistakes, showed some serious promise today. When given protection and time, he was throwing darts. I get the feeling that Nagy will want to go back to Dalton when he's healthy. I think it's a mistake. Get Fields as many snaps as humanly possible this season. The Bears are not good enough to make the playoffs so why not set themselves up for next season with some solid PT under Fields belt?

If Dalton starts again, we riot

Last edited:

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I hope so. Fields, while it's clear he his a rookie and will make mistakes, showed some serious promise today. When given protection and time, he was throwing darts. I get the feeling that Nagy will want to go back to Dalton when he's healthy. I think it's a mistake. Get Fields as many snaps as humanely possible this season. The Bears are not good enough to make the playoffs so why not set themselves up for next season with some solid PT under Fields belt?

You have to consider what that does to his development too. I think ya gotta go with Feilds.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I hope so. Fields, while it's clear he his a rookie and will make mistakes, showed some serious promise today. When given protection and time, he was throwing darts. I get the feeling that Nagy will want to go back to Dalton when he's healthy. I think it's a mistake. Get Fields as many snaps as humanely possible this season. The Bears are not good enough to make the playoffs so why not set themselves up for next season with some solid PT under Fields belt?

He at the very least had a set back in his rehab which will now take 2-3 more weeks.:sneaky:

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
I think it was Rich Eisen that said now that he's in, you can't go back. Bears fans just gotta ride out this first year now.

The upside is that maybe they can beef up the line, some of the secondary, in the offseason, and then Fields is able to go right from the go next year. This year becomes less about winning, more about developing the face of the future.

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Humanely... I see what you did there. No more nine sack games please.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
I hope so. Fields was excellent today despite the lack of the sexy stats like passing yards and passing touchdowns. However, some of those throws he made downfield are what this offense has been missing. 2 deep looks to Mooney and ARob EACH that were essentially perfect throws. The 1 to Mooney was relatively poorly thrown but it was still good enough for Mooney to make a great catch.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:

If Fields plays well again there is no way Nagy can put Andy back in. It would seal his fate which is already sealed but i do believe it would get him fired immediately.

Just throwing this out there but why cant the bears make the playoffs? Sure its Detroit but they played the Ravens tough and nearly beat them. If this offense can put up 24ppg the rest of the season playoffs are possible.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
Did Dalton lose his job today? With a good coaching staff - yes - with this staff - no.

A good staff would take Fields’ success today and build upon it. This staff won’t do that.

Dalton will remain the Starter
If Fields plays terrible next week he may be able to get away with it but if Fields plays well next week Nagy would be an idiot to sit him in favor of Andy. The media would absolutely shred him and the call for his firing would be worse especially if the offense struggles and they lose.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
I thought Fields played fine, but it's hard to say someone can win a job without scoring a touchdown and having 1 INT. He almost had another costly fumble inside their own territory, too.

I don't think Matt Nagy wants Fields out there for the Packers and Bucs games if he can help it. I can see Fields starting one more week, and if he doesn't play really well, they'll go back to Dalton until they get through this upcoming gauntlet of tough opponents.

Hope I'm wrong, but the longer he keeps the starting QB job a mystery each week, the more it makes me think he really does want Dalton to come back at some point.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If Fields plays well again there is no way Nagy can put Andy back in. It would seal his fate which is already sealed but i do believe it would get him fired immediately.

Just throwing this out there but why cant the bears make the playoffs? Sure its Detroit but they played the Ravens tough and nearly beat them. If this offense can put up 24ppg the rest of the season playoffs are possible.
Tough schedule and I just don't think the offense is there. The offense did look much improved today tho so we'll see. Let's see how the Bears handle these next 6 games. It's a rough stretch.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
I thought Fields played fine, but it's hard to say someone can win a job without scoring a touchdown and having 1 INT. He almost had another costly fumble inside their own territory, too.

I don't think Matt Nagy wants Fields out there for the Packers and Bucs games if he can help it. I can see Fields starting one more week, and if he doesn't play really well, they'll go back to Dalton until they get through this upcoming gauntlet of tough opponents.

Hope I'm wrong, but the longer he keeps the starting QB job a mystery each week, the more it makes me think he really does want Dalton to come back at some point.
You can’t blame Fields for not throwing a TD pass when they focused on the run game in the red zone.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
Tough schedule and I just don't think the offense is there. The offense did look much improved today tho so we'll see. Let's see how the Bears handle these next 6 games. It's a rough stretch.
I love this stretch ESPECIALLY if Justin is starting. This stretch will answer a lot of questions about not only him but the players around him. We get to find out who the ballers are. If things go well and we manage to win a game or two we can be all the better team for it. Win or lose.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Nagy's an idiot. Dalton will probably start again.