Did Mitch improve from Game 1 to Game 2?

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Simple question..... Did Mitch improve from Game 1 to Game 2 in YOUR personal opinion?

If YES..... why?

If NO..... why not?

And to be fair I guess "stayed the same" can also be an option here as well.

And I don't care if you hate or love Trubisky, that doesn't really matter for this. It's just simply..... did he improve? Or not?

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
What I saw is that Nagy and Helfrich are creating plays that if executed Trubs can be successful. Mitch still needs work, and is still green, but the staff will put him in a position to succeed.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Simple question..... Did Mitch improve from Game 1 to Game 2 in YOUR personal opinion?

If YES..... why?

If NO..... why not?

And to be fair I guess "stayed the same" can also be an option here as well.

And I don't care if you hate or love Trubisky, that doesn't really matter for this. It's just simply..... did he improve? Or not?

I preface this by saying Mitch still has a long long way to go.

I definitely think he improved and showed some good signs. Coming back with that strong second half TD drive after throwing the two picks showed improvement and mental toughness.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
What I saw is that Nagy and Helfrich are creating plays that if executed Trubs can be successful. Mitch still needs work, and is still green, but the staff will put him in a position to succeed.

Not to be a dick.... but that's not what I asked. I'm going to consider this a "stayed the same" vote.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
You tell me... I saw wide open players deep that were missed. I also saw him rushing with wide open field in front of him and him cutting to the outside. He also threw 2 interceptions. But apparently this is his second rookie year according to some weirdos here.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I preface this by saying Mitch still has a long long way to go.

I definitely think he improved and showed some good signs. Coming back with that strong second half TD drive after throwing the two picks showed improvement and mental toughness.

Thanks.... exactly what I was looking for. You feel he got better, and posted specifically why.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Push.

Yes throwing for more than one TD was great, but both picks were ugly as sin. This is an offense that is supposed to want to push the ball down the field and Mitchell's deep ball still looks really bad.

I do give him credit for keeping it together in the second half, but he should be buying the defense steak dinners every week.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You tell me... I saw wide open players deep that were missed. I also saw him rushing with wide open field in front of him and him cutting to the outside. He also threw 2 interceptions. But apparently this is his second rookie year according to some weirdos here.

I asked you dork chop. That's why I started the thread.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Second rookie year? Nope. First year with not only a real NFL offense but a complicated one to boot? Yes.

Give him a few weeks. Be realistic. If he looks like this up to and after the bye ill get my pitchfork out with you.

bionicbelly

Liked Posts:
I think he had a better first half against the packers. But as soon as shit started getting real, he started making bad decisions, and played like he had his bell rung. Poor decisions, missing reads etc.

This week, he actually worked through some adversity, and came back to work a nice drive for a TD. That would not (and didn't) happen last week.

On that basis, I'd say he improved.

pepethebear

Liked Posts:
Mitch has been roller-coaster-esque over the course of the 1st 2 games it seems. But overall I saw more good things from him against the seahawks than in week one.

The turnovers were bad, especially the first one. The second I'll have to rewatch cus it was a tipped ball and may not have been 100% on him but a turnover is a turnover.

After those turnovers he seemed to play better and put together a nice td drive to keep the game in control so I'd give him a C for this game as opposed to the D he deserved last week.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
yes he got better.

Completion % went up
65.7%-73.5%
Average went up
4.9-5.9
TD went up
1TD - 2TD
Yards went up
171 - 200
Rate went up
77.2 - 83

He still needs to do better. Dont like the INT but the second one was a tipped ball, those happen.. But I was more angry with the dumb decision to throw a bullet in the end zone that should of been picked. that was a bad decision that I cant stand and why I gave up on Cutler. But a slight under thrown ball that was a 50 yard throw and a tipped ball that ended up a pic are going to happen from time to time and I can live with those kind of mistakes..

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
He did some things better, as previously stated, the second half TD drive and not shutting down when things got adverse. I think the GB Defensive scheme confused him playing all those DB's. Seattle went straight at him without all the mixing it up in exotic stuff.

I think he made a lot more poor reads this game vs last. Should have had more than 2 interceptions IMO. His accuracy needs major work through game 1 and 2.

I still think he has the tools to be successful, but he is way far off from where I thought he could be. Realistically, he is still playing green, which I guess should be expected. Not ideal, and this is on Pace for drafting someone like this. Hoping he takes a few more games to settle in, but his vision of the field, deep ball, and over confidence in some throws is worrisome through both games. Makes some Cutler like decisions without the Cutler arm.

Yeah, of course he got a little better if that's what you're looking for. Shows in some stat columns.

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
IMO I'd rather him throw bad balls on good reads at this point... Bad balls can get fixed. His reads and happy feet were much improved. His throws were more erratic. Baby steps. Luckily our D is good enough to survive the pains.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think he improved in the sense that he didn't regress during the game and looked a little less lost. But I have to say I'm even more concerned about his downfield passing than I was before, simply because it seems to clearly be a consistent issue.

If there isn't a legitimate deeper ball threat, defenses start to swarm the short stuff and the running game, which I thought happened a lot last night.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He stayed the same, but only just. What I saw was someone who locked on to his #1 receiver, continued the unfortunate tendency to under-throw the deep ball, and still missed wide-open big-plays.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He absolutely improved,but he is inexperienced..A limited college exposure and only 1 year under his belt in the NFL shows he needs a lot of work

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
Did he improve from game 1 to game 2? Yes. He wasn't so quick to bail. Even when pressured, he largely did a great job of escaping it and then looking to make a throw again.

The biggest concern was the decision to fire it into the endzone between two defenders. I disagree with Witten. I don't think you throw that ball away, I think you throw it to the two receivers in the back of the endzone. But you don't rifle it in there. You loft it up, and put it high enough so that they have a chance to get it, but it's probably thrown over the endzone. That way you're avoiding the pick but you're also allowing your player to make a great play.

We need to take more shots down the field.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
First I will answer your question, so I don't get yelled at:

Yes he improved because he played a lot looser.

I just want to say this kid has it. I know he may not have shown it quite yet, but he can throw it long with total accuracy, he can make quick decisions, he can do a lot of things that he has yet to show in a Chicago Bears uniform, thus the concerns here are understandable. I just say patience, and thank God we are in the midst of having another one of those greatest defenses in the history of the NFL. This is going to feed on itself. I am sure those guys can't wait to get to the film today.