Dieter Eiselen getting 1st team reps at C

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
I have a press connection at Halas Hall who was there at OTAs and witnessed that Eiselen was part of the starting OL combo along with ihop Jenkins at LT and Ifedi at RT.

I think that Eiselen is a dark horse to beat out Mustipher at C and just bring the plain ole nasty!

"- Alex Bars, Sam Mustipher and Adam Redmond were snapping in drills."

I really don't think anything as far as OL is really set in stone other than ihop at LT.

I also wouldn't mind seeing Daniels get another shot at C and then putting a nasty, mean-spirited bully at G.

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
Forgot anout that guy...wasn’t he relatively new to football before college?

didnt want to pull a dabears so i googled. Grew up in south aftica and played rugby. i temember him on the tape never lies show once.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Name sounds like a Mortal Kombat character.. C is such an under appreciated position I would really like them to sign a veteran rather than relying on practice squad guys/shotgun approach.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:

didnt want to pull a dabears so i googled. Grew up in south aftica and played rugby. i temember him on the tape never lies show once.
Yeah, he was also a powerlifter. A real strong build that would just look for a dude to hit. I like the guy, my kind of nasty.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Name sounds like a Mortal Kombat character.. C is such an under appreciated position I would really like them to sign a veteran rather than relying on practice squad guys/shotgun approach.
Yeah man, I can see your point. At this point, I'm more about using this year to see what we have and get development. When we don't have like 30 million tied up in useless QBs next year and a higher cap, I want to see them spend some real cash and bring in guys to replace what doesn't show out this year.

So, I'm looking at this year as stage 1 of the Justin Fields' balls in their face era and want to see things play out that way, but if we get that guy from WFT, maybe you'll get your wish of a veteran taking over at C if it forces Ifedi to G and Daniels to C.

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
Yeah man, I can see your point. At this point, I'm more about using this year to see what we have and get development. When we don't have like 30 million tied up in useless QBs next year and a higher cap, I want to see them spend some real cash and bring in guys to replace what doesn't show out this year.

So, I'm looking at this year as stage 1 of the Justin Fields' balls in their face era and want to see things play out that way, but if we get that guy from WFT, maybe you'll get your wish of a veteran taking over at C if it forces Ifedi to G and Daniels to C.
I'm all for winning this year. Why not. Rogers is not going to be in GB. The North is there for the taking. Fields will be playing by week 4. I'd expect the Bears to be a really tough team to beat by the 2nd half of our schedule. Like TB last year don't give up on a year. Fix the issues and go and kick people butts and win.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Don't forget Olympic weightlifter

Yeah, he was also a powerlifter. A real strong build that would just look for a dude to hit. I like the guy, my kind of nasty.
Any mention of pool jumping? It's kinda important.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

What's google?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I have a press connection at Halas Hall who was there at OTAs and witnessed that Eiselen was part of the starting OL combo along with ihop Jenkins at LT and Ifedi at RT.

I think that Eiselen is a dark horse to beat out Mustipher at C and just bring the plain ole nasty!

"- Alex Bars, Sam Mustipher and Adam Redmond were snapping in drills."

I really don't think anything as far as OL is really set in stone other than ihop at LT.

I also wouldn't mind seeing Daniels get another shot at C and then putting a nasty, mean-spirited bully at G.
Competition is key. No more free lunches on the OL.

If Eiselen steals the job... good, the best 5 play.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Dieter-Eiselen-1-Credit-Yale-Athletics-e1588190113362-1024x1024.jpg

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
Liked this UDFA from the get go........Nasty.....Real Nasty.........

Juan Castillo has a lot of interesting material to work with.....?! Could put together a heavy "Thug Line" for Goal line situations...

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
This guy did have an interesting story. Never really played football because he's from South Africa or whatever. Got into Yale and played extremely well. IIRC, he was a late cut last year. Might be something.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:

I mean purely for competition, not spend a ton of money. I don't like Daniels at C, I thought he sucked as did Whitehair. I think either of those two should be backup C

EDIT: Sucked is the wrong word. Neither ran away with the job

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Liked this UDFA from the get go........Nasty.....Real Nasty.........

Juan Castillo has a lot of interesting material to work with.....?! Could put together a heavy "Thug Line" for Goal line situations...
343e436b-4d7f-5684-ad30-322ef611fb76.image.jpg

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
When we were signing UDFAs, after watching the hype tapes, I really liked the way he finished plays Pancake Style. Nasty attitude.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
At 6'4" 322lbs he would fit the mold of the monster OL that Castillo is building. Big, big, boys.
You think Daniels is going to be odd man out? (not this year)