Dieter Eiselen getting 1st team reps at C

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There's a video with cuts from rookie camp where you can hear coaches say "Deets" a couple of times. Dieter Eiselen must have been handling snaps.

Obviously he's a developmental prospect more than a challenger at center at the moment, but he has some intriguing traits and a lot of nasty to him. Will be interesting to see him in preseason this year.

One Team

Liked Posts:
Starting to feel good about this offensive line. I remember how jealous I was of Dallas's line for so many years and how they simply just pass-protected without fuss and made holes in the running game. It would be nice to see the Bears rank high in time-of-possession simply because they just imposed their will on defensive lines (particularly that taxicab-yellow and green outfit from up north).
Been a while since there was that feeling towards this O-line. Who knows, maybe they can end up getting a draft pick or player if the depth chart piles up. Personally, I loved the way this line seemed to change when Mustipher and Bars got in there. They were hustling downfield to pick up their playmakers and the O just seemed to have some energy. I don't need to see Daniels starting anymore...move him for a CB perhaps.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I want the best 5, but reality is Wilkinson is likely not going to be able to compete with the draft status of Jenkins.

Borom will likely not be able to overcome the starting experience of Ifedi.

I think it would be easy to say let the best man win, but reality is that Draft status, salary, experience are all going to make that decision tough to make.

Cyphered

Liked Posts:
I want the best 5, but reality is Wilkinson is likely not going to be able to compete with the draft status of Jenkins.

Borom will likely not be able to overcome the starting experience of Ifedi.

I think it would be easy to say let the best man win, but reality is that Draft status, salary, experience are all going to make that decision tough to make.
I disagree. It should be as easy as 'let the best man win.' Playing politics is a game no coach will ever win. They'd be better served sticking to football.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
No surprise here for anyone that watches "Keepin it 100" from the tape never lies network. He will be good if not this year, then next

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
I love his tape. Obviously inferior competition, but still impressive. Plus he's from SA, which is cool. Also, his name is cooler than "Olin", so there's that.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I disagree. It should be as easy as 'let the best man win.' Playing politics is a game no coach will ever win. They'd be better served sticking to football.
I agree 100%, but to ignore that politics such as draft status does not or should not exist, is just naïve. It is a factor that the underdog must overcome and sometimes the play on the field just is not enough.

I fully expect that Fields will be playing at some point this year, because of his talent, but ALSO because he was drafted at 11, and the Bears spent extra draft capital to get him.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I agree 100%, but to ignore that politics such as draft status does not or should not exist, is just naïve. It is a factor that the underdog must overcome and sometimes the play on the field just is not enough.

I fully expect that Fields will be playing at some point this year, because of his talent, but ALSO because he was drafted at 11, and the Bears spent extra draft capital to get him.
In this case, his competition was also a UDFA. Always want to see guy like Eiselen excel but I'm sure he's playing for a backup spot.

Cyphered

Liked Posts:

Refusing to bow to biased politics and ignoring it are not equivalent. In most cases I've noticed, it's the person who others say is "terrible at politics" that is usually the must apt at politics. Sometimes, it is as easy as playing the inferior player, and when questioned by the media, tell them there are better players on the bench but your bosses think they know better.
Is it heavy handed? Sure. Is it smart, yea. They gonna fire you? They're the ones clearly obsessively concerned with optics. After calling them out to the whole damned world, they have 2 choices. Fire you, and look petty on top of stupid, or back off and let you do the job they hired you for.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Been a while since there was that feeling towards this O-line. Who knows, maybe they can end up getting a draft pick or player if the depth chart piles up. Personally, I loved the way this line seemed to change when Mustipher and Bars got in there. They were hustling downfield to pick up their playmakers and the O just seemed to have some energy. I don't need to see Daniels starting anymore...move him for a CB perhaps.
Daniels>>>Bars and also 2 years younger.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
It's just amazingly hard for me to understand why people would be so willing to give up a 23 year old, second round pick, who looked good prior to a season ending injury.

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
It's just amazingly hard for me to understand why people would be so willing to give up a 23 year old, second round pick, who looked good prior to a season ending injury.
Because they are mentally handicapped??

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:

It just seems like a group of fans put players in their doghouses, like Miller for example.

There are two packs, apparently, the anti Miller and anti Daniels pack.

I don’t get it. Let the best man win.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It just seems like a group of fans put players in their doghouses, like Miller for example.

There are two packs, apparently, the anti Miller and anti Daniels pack.

I don’t get it. Let the best man win.
If Miller ever gets his routes down and cradles balls, he’ll be deadly. He gets separation but needs to get to the right spots and run to/through balls.

Last edited:

Cyphered

Liked Posts:
I agree with you wholeheartedly here. I think he looked very solid in his limited games played last year. Blows my mind. I belive it is legitimate at times to dislike a players attitude (miller), question his work ethic (miller), find him to be underperforming based off his athletic profile (miller), and question his ability to grasp an NFL playbook (miller). Of these things, Daniels was small for his position coming out of college and has improved here by bulking up. I think it's hard to question his work ethic, considering how much work he put in on his body over these off-seasons (the inverse of Goldman). Without knowing the specifics of the line-calls, it's hard to determine his grasp on his duties, but you might argue he can has a soft attitude. 1 knock out of four (in this scenario) and one that's really impossible to tell isn't all that bad for a young promising player.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
I agree with you wholeheartedly here. I think he looked very solid in his limited games played last year. Blows my mind. I belive it is legitimate at times to dislike a players attitude (miller), question his work ethic (miller), find him to be underperforming based off his athletic profile (miller), and question his ability to grasp an NFL playbook (miller). Of these things, Daniels was small for his position coming out of college and has improved here by bulking up. I think it's hard to question his work ethic, considering how much work he put in on his body over these off-seasons (the inverse of Goldman). Without knowing the specifics of the line-calls, it's hard to determine his grasp on his duties, but you might argue he can has a soft attitude. 1 knock out of four (in this scenario) and one that's really impossible to tell isn't all that bad for a young promising player.
Why do people continue to take unnecessary shots at Goldman? He's been really good when he's played and showed no reason to believe he isn't working hard. Maybe his body is how it is because the staff wants him playing heavy because he is a NT...

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Why do people continue to take unnecessary shots at Goldman? He's been really good when he's played and showed no reason to believe he isn't working hard. Maybe his body is how it is because the staff wants him playing heavy because he is a NT...
Some just don't like anyone that takes Covid seriously.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I love his tape. Obviously inferior competition, but still impressive. Plus he's from SA, which is cool. Also, his name is cooler than "Olin", so there's that.